Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pewpew
Downside to hotel elite status : the fire alarm goes off, and you're on one of the higher floors, so you try to go down the stairs, but there's so much traffic you move ~5 steps/min...
Which, of course, becomes an even bigger problem if the building actually is on fire....
Old May 20, 2019, 2:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canopus27
Which, of course, becomes an even bigger problem if the building actually is on fire....
Turns out it was! They had a fire in the ground floor restaurant. Fortunately, the stairs let us out to the third floor.
canopus27 likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by pewpew
Turns out it was! They had a fire in the ground floor restaurant. Fortunately, the stairs let us out to the third floor.
Last steps a big one.
Old May 20, 2019, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcook052
Wow! Double OT but Raps win to inch back into this series.
Character win, unlike the good Raps teams of the recent past that would fold during OT.
But still, it was like pulling teeth.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Character win, unlike the good Raps teams of the recent past that would fold during OT.
But still, it was like pulling teeth.
Yeah but pretty or ugly a win is a win.

While I hope the Rap can push the Bucks into a 6 or 7th game and maybe pull another miracle shot to move onto the finals, the Bucks are a better, deeper team that should get past Raps. I'd happily be wrong, of course, but can't see Bucks losing more than 2 games at most.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Yeah but pretty or ugly a win is a win.
Oh, of course. Take any win. But man, it would be nice to take a good lead and maintain that margin to the very end of the game.

While I hope the Rap can push the Bucks into a 6 or 7th game and maybe pull another miracle shot to move onto the finals, the Bucks are a better, deeper team that should get past Raps. I'd happily be wrong, of course, but can't see Bucks losing more than 2 games at most.
I agree.
tcook052 likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Oh, of course. Take any win. But man, it would be nice to take a good lead and maintain that margin to the very end of the game.

I agree.
Yeah that was a tough and long game. Wish they won the first game. I dont think they will get another chance like that of taking a game from the Bucks in Milwalkee
Old May 20, 2019, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vernonc
Yeah that was a tough and long game. Wish they won the first game. I dont think they will get another chance like that of taking a game from the Bucks in Milwalkee
Or just hope that their starters (*cough* Greek Freak) foul out early, but that's not likely going to happen in regulation.
Yeah, it's going to be tough in MIL.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Curry and Green each with regulation triple-doubles in Gm4 (1OT) to sweep POR for 5th straight finals berth.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Curry and Green each with regulation triple-doubles in Gm4 (1OT) to sweep POR for 5th straight finals berth.
Blazers up by as much as 17 and folded in the 4th to show they are pretenders rather than contenders.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Each evening I look at food p0rn
with forlorn shellfish and corn
Great pics and info all bereft
Where the heck is @24left?
Another top contributor has FT forsworn?
Jebby_ca, vernonc, ffsim and 3 others like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Just bought my mlb.tv subscription for the year. Hopefully the Jays will start playing some real baseball sometime soon.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smallmj
Just bought my mlb.tv subscription for the year. Hopefully the Jays will start playing some real baseball sometime soon.
Vlady Jr winning AL POW honours is a start. And they're currently kicking Bosox ars... so maybe now is the start?
Old May 21, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Each evening I look at food p0rn
with forlorn shellfish and corn
Great pics and info all bereft
Where the heck is @24left?
Another top contributor has FT forsworn?
We should start a campaign, come back @24left, search master.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jc94

We should start a campaign, come back @24left, search master.
Wish I could 'like' this more than once.

I wanted to send a carrier pigeon but I would have needed @24left to find the best options with a search. I just randomly call out for her anytime I'm in an MLL now. One of these days it'll work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.