Wiki Posts
Search

The new 77W in J; Europe-YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
The new 77W in J; Europe-YYZ

I知 flying the new 777 pods Christmas Eve and ive looked around for trip reports but cannot find what I知 looking for.

Specifically what I知 wondering about is the in-flight amenities that make up the pods and seat choice.

Such as are you given a mattress pad? Do you have to ask for anything like on United痴 Polaris that isn稚 at the seat? Do they have pyjamas? The flight (as you would guess) is very empty. I知 traveling solo. Should I book a middle seat so I値l probably get two seats to myself? Right now I知 in 6K and the center of 5,6,7,9,10,11 are all completely open. I知 hoping I can jump over and leave my stuff in one of the seats so that I can use one as my 澱edroom and the other to eat at. Or would booking the middle just be better?

Also theres lots of talk of the mini-cabin. Personally I致e never been a fan of mini cabins since noise from economy always seems to seep it痴 way in and can ruin ones quietness and sleep decor of J. Is the mini-cabin worth it for some reason? Lastly, are there any tricks or things people don稚 know about? For example is the foot cubby bigger in any specific seat? For example on UA痴 787痴 the bulkheads are the best because they have the biggest footwells.

Any other unknown tips, tricks, or other hidden items about the AC J 77W would be appreciated.

Thank you
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I’m flying the new 777 pods Christmas Eve and ive looked around for trip reports but cannot find what I’m looking for.

Specifically what I’m wondering about is the in-flight amenities that make up the pods and seat choice.

Such as are you given a mattress pad? Do you have to ask for anything like on United’s Polaris that isn’t at the seat? Do they have pyjamas? The flight (as you would guess) is very empty. I’m traveling solo. Should I book a middle seat so I’ll probably get two seats to myself? Right now I’m in 6K and the center of 5,6,7,9,10,11 are all completely open. I’m hoping I can jump over and leave my stuff in one of the seats so that I can use one as my “bedroom” and the other to eat at. Or would booking the middle just be better?

Also theres lots of talk of the mini-cabin. Personally I’ve never been a fan of mini cabins since noise from economy always seems to seep it’s way in and can ruin ones quietness and sleep decor of J. Is the mini-cabin worth it for some reason? Lastly, are there any tricks or things people don’t know about? For example is the foot cubby bigger in any specific seat? For example on UA’s 787’s the bulkheads are the best because they have the biggest footwells.

Any other unknown tips, tricks, or other hidden items about the AC J 77W would be appreciated.

Thank you

• pyjamas no
  • mattress pad yes
  • amenity kit yes
  • pillow yes
  • duvet yes
  • yes bulkhead J has largest footwell space
  • middle seat dividers do not come down and are fixed
  • you can't simply jump over - you'll have to walk over to the other side
  • as a pax flying solo, window seat is best, but if you truly think that the seat on the other side will be empty, then sure use that as an office or whatever.
  • which flight is this?
  • How do you know it is empty based on the seatmap alone?
  • What does EF show? Sure it's Xmas eve but I've flown TATL J on Xmas eve, Xmas, and NYE, and NY, and they've all been full... so YMMV.
And here are threads for your learning since you can't find what you're looking for... all your questions are answered in the following threads:

Int. Business Class & select wide-body N. America aircraft become 'Signature Service'

Seats and Cabins on the B788, B789, and the 777 (3 versions)

Air Canada plans to refurbish 18 of its 777

Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

The Air Canada Amenity Kit Compendium Master Thread and Wiki

Last edited by yyznomad; Dec 22, 2018 at 1:29 am Reason: I meant TATL, not TPAC
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Four days ago I flew AC Signature class on a 77W from YYZ to FRA.

Everything was wonderful in the flight up to the moment I wanted to sleep. When I turned the seat to the full sleeping position I found it very annoying and difficult to get a sleep on my side as the lower part of my legs kept hitting the table since it is positioned in a very low level.

Honestly, it is the worst seat design I have ever flown with
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
You also get entered in for a random draw to receive a deflated seat. Good luck!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

MUC-YYZ.... EF is showing the cabin 16/40. Do they op-up employees a lot?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Also what痴 the best lounge in MUC? It痴 unfortunate all you have are the LH lounges. I have the Amex platinum but I don稚 think it matters if not flying LH?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
MUC-YYZ.... EF is showing the cabin 16/40. Do they op-up employees a lot?
Not on this route.
EF won't show "16/40". You can't go by seatmap. You need to go by inventory. What is your fare basis and which day are you flying? Yes, this information is relevant. The more info you give, the more we can help you.

Also what痴 the best lounge in MUC? It痴 unfortunate all you have are the LH lounges. I have the Amex platinum but I don稚 think it matters if not flying LH?
Once you clear Schengen at MUC, basically the Senator lounges, which aren't so bad, IMHO. Don't bother with the Schengen side.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad

Not on this route.
EF won't show "16/40". You can't go by seatmap. You need to go by inventory. What is your fare basis and which day are you flying? Yes, this information is relevant. The more info you give, the more we can help you.

Once you clear Schengen at MUC, basically the Senator lounges, which aren't so bad, IMHO. Don't bother with the Schengen side.
Alright settle down, settle down. I fare, and I said it was Christmas Eve.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alright settle down, settle down. I fare, and I said it was Christmas Eve.
My apologies. I was reading one thread and responding to this one. The fare is irrelevant so ignore what I asked.
However, the seatmap is not the best indicator. I've been on flights where the seatmap has 3/4 unassigned seats but showing as J2 on EF... and Y is still wide open. And the flight ended up being full in J.

Although my TATL experiences on Xmas have had full or near full J, you might still luck out on 847. But like I said, you have to physically walk over to the other side. It would be extremely difficult for you to hop over the wall discreetly. IMHO, you'd get a better setup with a window seat and have the empty seat in front or behind as your office.

I trust my original response to you upthread was helpful.

You will find that people have varying opinions with the DreamCabin J seats.

Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Come to think of it, a cross aisle office would be best. So you can pick a window seat to be awake in and then hop over to an empty pod in the middle section across from you to sleep. I've actually done that a few times, but it was unplanned to have the cross aisle seat as empty.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
You will be accessing LH Business lounge. If you have *G then you can access the LH Senator lounge which have a bit more food/drink selection and extra shower rooms. The lounges in the new satellite concourse are slightly nicer since they're newer.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad

Not on this route.

Coincidentally, the flight is actually J24. Overbooked in Y though, but with O3, the oversell could potentially be handled without touching J.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Yeah J on AC847 MUC-YYZ seems to be empty. I assigned myself in the back of the first J cabin since a lof of seats are totally empty back there. I don稚 know op-up on AC. First time flying them.

what lounge should I use?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Yeah J on AC847 MUC-YYZ seems to be empty. I assigned myself in the back of the first J cabin since a lof of seats are totally empty back there. I don’t know op-up on AC. First time flying them.

@NWplatinum

If you are a paid Air Canada Business Class ticket (not an upgrade or on points/mile, not UA or other), then your BP would allow you to visit the AC Signature Suite. If you have the AC app and an AC PNR, then you may already see it in the app.

Here is a link to the Signature Suite thread. Rules of entry are in the wiki

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Otherwise, you can visit the AC YYZ International Maple Leaf Lounge (MLL)

You asked in your OP about tricks. Well, none that would be tricks other than the excellent list of advice and threads provided by @yyznomad

And others can correct me, but AC doesn't op-up crew (non-revs). If they are on the flight, and not in uniform, you wouldn't know necessarily and they would be on stand-by or other passes.

Any or all of the empty seats you currently seat may be filled by the time you board.

Happy travels.

Last edited by 24left; Dec 24, 2018 at 8:22 am Reason: spelling
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Coincidentally, the flight is actually J24. Overbooked in Y though, but with O3, the oversell could potentially be handled without touching J.
Yeah J on AC847 MUC-YYZ seems to be empty. I assigned myself in the back of the first J cabin since a lof of seats are totally empty back there. I don’t know op-up on AC. First time flying them.

As per cow, the real internal loads show it is oversold in Y. So there is a good chance that J won't be "empty".

Of course, we haven't even considered LMUs, bids, and waitlisted upgrades on top of all of that.
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by yyznomad; Dec 23, 2018 at 3:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.