Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by 24left
Further to my post above with the Signature Suite and MLL invitations in the app, this is what I showed various AC staff. For SQ, it's on the reverse side of the digital BP. However, not everyone will look there. I've met people who don't know the BPs have a flip side. And of course airlines like SQ and BR and NH still issues either printed invitations on BP card stock or, it's printed on the front of the BP.

Still, also cool.

The nice thing with the AC app lounge invitation format is that it's right on the front page of the app itself. More likely to be noticed I would think.
I don't think AC is going to do anything about it until they migrate to Amadeus in 2019. Note that both NH and BR (and even CX) use Amadeus as their Passenger Service System (PSS).
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Perhaps on Android, but last night was the first time it appeared on my app. Still, nice feature.
It has been on iOS for a few weeks as well, I got it back in October.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:40 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
All good until the AC IT fail?

Flying to FRA with a Z class fare. AC purchased and on AC metal.

Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by briantoronto

and mine says I have access even though a route via YVR. Perhaps semantically I would have access if could get in the terminal. Or perhaps it’s virtual
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

I was going to make a branded fares snipe, but that's not as effective with front cabin fares.
But it would be funny if your fare basis ended in "TG".
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

AC IT. Perfect...until it's not.

All that matters is your BP. You know you are paid J and have your ticket as well, so I can't imagine it will be an issue.
briantoronto likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So is this feature supposed to assist those to go to the correct lounge, or assist those to not go to the correct lounge?
briantoronto and 24left like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:54 am

AC IT. Perfect...until it's not.

All that matters is your BP. You know you are paid J and have your ticket as well, so I can't imagine it will be an issue.
Yea I know. But maybe in 2019 they are going to stop Z tickets form getting in or something
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:59 am
Suspended

Speaking of Z fares.......

Saw this post in the comments sections on the OMAAT article about the new MLL in LGA

So, either Aeroplan issued a revenue ticket in Z, or the AC App has a "new feature"

If someone on an Aeroplan ticket shows up at the Signature Suite, claiming that the App said they are allowed in, but the rules say no, I'm guessing those poor concierges are going to have some challenges.

https://onemileatatime.com/air-canad...-lga/#comments
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: TK *G

Saw this post in the comments sections on the OMAAT article about the new MLL in LGA

So, either Aeroplan issued a revenue ticket in Z, or the AC App has a "new feature"

If someone on an Aeroplan ticket shows up at the Signature Suite, claiming that the App said they are allowed in, but the rules say no, I'm guessing those poor concierges are going to have some challenges.

Not to mention the AQD and AQM

Though I would not be surprised if AC IT messed up again.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

The rules are very clear about access.

Emphasis mine:
*Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. All bookings in R (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, AC Bid Upgrades) and I (including, but not limited to, Aeroplan® Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards® for travel on Air Canada flights or Star Alliance® member airlines, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.
It wasn't originally booked in Z, it was originally booked in I. The IRROPS comment doesn't technically apply, but it makes their intent extremely clear. When you combine that with the "originally booked and ticketed" comment, I don't think they'd have any issue explaining a denial of entry.

That being said, I have no reason to believe their system is smart enough to look beyond the fare class.

Originally Posted by songsc

Not to mention the AQD and AQM

Though I would not be surprised if AC IT messed up again.
Aeroplan tickets with AC-operated segments do not credit miles, regardless of fare class. That was fixed a loooooong time ago. I have flown numerous JCDZP segments on Aeroplan tickets, and attempted to fly with both my AC and UA numbers, as well as do retroactive credits to both programs, and it never works.

Non-AC segments on Aeroplan tickets, however...
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:47 am

Seasonal caffeination

In the signature suite
Plumber, Bohemian1 and 24left like this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:06 am

Oh, I made an error up-thread. I was on a P fare (AC issued and stock) with only one AC segment out of three (the YYZ-MUC leg) booked. For reference the flight was AMS-FRA-YYZ YYZ-MUC-AMS.

For fun, I DM'd @aircanada about my issue, and they said no access to the Signature Suite, as I was flying LH (?). Upon push back they admitted to not looking close enough at the itinerary, and that I have access to the Signature Suite. Still nothing in the app of course, even after my YYZ-MUC got changed to YYZ-FRA because of my flight MUC-AMS being cancelled.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:49 am
Suspended

Dec 10

I still love this.

The concierge gave me these which she said were for the 1-year anniversary of the Signature Suite.

I asked Paul the Barista for espresso this time. Perfect.

Just a few buffet photos

I like the backlit marble.

Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
So is this feature supposed to assist those to go to the correct lounge, or assist those to not go to the correct lounge?

I have a business class flight to Ottawa in two days and my app is saying I have signature lounge access, is that an error?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.