Wiki Posts
Search

Altitude 2019-2020 Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Oh jeebus. I am so caught up with AQM right now I glossed over the AQD. My bad!

However, it's still 14 days from the flight, not 14 days after it should normally post.
Ah yes, my bad. Though I'll point out my last AQD discrepancy took 10 days to resolve.

So my Dec 31 example could still reasonably be expected to not be resolved until 24 days later, on Jan 23.

I actually have a discrepancy I need to file for a Dec 27 flight, but as it's not going to make a difference to my status, I haven't bothered. The return, on Jan 2, could make a difference next year though, which is why I just want to handle them both together.

I still don't understand why they do sweeps. Or I guess I do, based on their batch processing, but then I don't understand why it isn't done daily.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:07 pm

Just as a data point for curious people (lol), I met all AQM and AQD requirements before December 31 and wasn't included in the first 2019 sweep. Hopefully this January 18 one will do the trick! No change in status (E35k), but it's always nice to get the eupgrades and new luggage tags.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by musicmtl
Just as a data point for curious people (lol), I met all AQM and AQD requirements before December 31 and wasn't included in the first 2019 sweep. Hopefully this January 18 one will do the trick! No change in status (E35k), but it's always nice to get the eupgrades and new luggage tags.
As another data point, it's been consistently inconsistent. Both P25 and E75 in the household met the requirements for respective status levels on December 27. E75 was swept on January 4 and was able to select benefits and get the eupgrades, but P25 still hasn't been swept as of Jan 14. Not sure exactly what order AC has been handling sweeps in, as it doesn't seem to be consistent. Hopefully those who'd met the status levels will get picked up soon, assuming Jan 18 is the one.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gcashin
As another data point, it's been consistently inconsistent. Both P25 and E75 in the household met the requirements for respective status levels on December 27. E75 was swept on January 4 and was able to select benefits and get the eupgrades, but P25 still hasn't been swept as of Jan 14. Not sure exactly what order AC has been handling sweeps in, as it doesn't seem to be consistent. Hopefully those who'd met the status levels will get picked up soon, assuming Jan 18 is the one.
Ditto here, 100k and 35k.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: AC 75K, Marrott Platinum, BW Diamond, AP Diamond
So does this mean I just lost my wifes 35K status for the year? Or is there a way they will let me re-submit? It's not the end of the world, but it sure makes it a little more convenient for her when she travels with the kids and I am not travelling with them.

thanks

also, any thoughts on status for next year? I am not travelling nearly as much this year so I am not sure where I will end up. Is going for 25K even worth it? I am at 75K right now but work has changed some and I don't travel that much. I was just thinking with the changeover from aeroplan next year it might be worth having some type of status for the changeover. The same goes for Diamond Status with aeroplan, both willl take work but could maybe pull them off if I had too.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
On my two flights yesterday I noticed 2 things:

1. Every SE had a new tag - and there were lots of them YVR-YYZ and probably a half dozen YYZ-GRU

2. All the other status' I saw had last years tags.

Has anyone E75 or under received their package?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:31 pm
5mm
Suspended

Are you sure they were new? They are basically the same as last year, except 1 side which has the year.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by 5mm
Are you sure they were new? They are basically the same as last year, except 1 side which has the year.
Certain, no - but confident. Gloss vs matte isn't that hard to spot.

EDIT: Should add that there is of course no way for me to know if I spotted every SE tag aboard. Quite feasible that there were others with last year's tags and I just didn't see them.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I still don't understand why they do sweeps. Or I guess I do, based on their batch processing, but then I don't understand why it isn't done daily.
Possibly because it takes > 24 hours to run. Or runs on a server with other processes that don't don't have power to run concurrently.

Or perhaps they haven't yet worked out how to setup a daily cron/scheduled task.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
Possibly because it takes > 24 hours to run. Or runs on a server with other processes that don't don't have power to run concurrently.

Or perhaps they haven't yet worked out how to setup a daily cron/scheduled task.
It's equally possible that there's no rhyme or reason to it beyond the fact that ACs IT is an absolute joke.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:56 pm

Even if it takes 120 hours, there's no reason they couldn't do it every week at a scheduled time.

But given they're capable of doing it almost instantly before the early recognition cutoff, I don't think the issue is technical.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Found the guy who is lucky enough to have never seen JCL
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: Altitude E75K, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Has anyone E75 or under received their package?
Yes, I got my E75 package last week. My status (up from early recognition E35) was also active as of early Dec 2018 (to my surprise).
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:20 pm
5mm
Suspended

Even if it takes 120 hours, there's no reason they couldn't do it every week at a scheduled time.

But given they're capable of doing it almost instantly before the early recognition cutoff, I don't think the issue is technical.
I could see problems/extra costs in printing new tag/cards/etc, if sweeps were done every week. Would it be nice, yes, but status is earned for a yearly benefit. The end date of status is not 365 days from you reaching your status level, so I see no real problem with current system. There will always be winners and losers with any system AC uses.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by 5mm
I could see problems/extra costs in printing new tag/cards/etc, if sweeps were done every week. Would it be nice, yes, but status is earned for a yearly benefit. The end date of status is not 365 days from you reaching your status level, so I see no real problem with current system. There will always be winners and losers with any system AC uses.
They can hold off on sending packages until later. I think by Jan 18 (to quote that date), it's unlikely many people will have a status increase.

But in November, there's no reason that someone who hit E50K can't be granted the status immediately, and then E75K when they hit that a month later, without receiving the next year's package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.