Wiki Posts
Search

Altitude 2019-2020 Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan
Altitude 2019-2020 Benefits

Altitude 2019-2020 Benefits are now online!

(updated to add link)

Last edited by hypoxia; Dec 5, 2018 at 5:36 am
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by hypoxia
Altitude 2019-2020 Benefits are now online!

Bah! Apparently I can't post URLs because I'm a lurker and have <5 posts.

Same url as the pdf for 2018 but with 2019 instead.

altitude dot aircanada dot com / static / pdf / 2019_EN dot pdf
​​​​​​
I don't see any changes.

https://altitude.aircanada.com/static/pdf/2019_EN.pdf
YYC traveler likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:27 am
Original Poster

+1 ... I don't see any changes either except those previously mentioned (eg early recognition for 25k, lower requal across tiers)

BTW - Thanks for posting the link InTheAirGuy

Last edited by hypoxia; Dec 5, 2018 at 5:42 am
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:31 am
Original Poster

On the plus side, no benefit erosion!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
No change is good change
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
The Threshold gifts appear to be the same as well.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:59 am

see one change in language... anyone know if this is actually a change?

Priority Rewards on Air Canada flights for SE100 now says "Access to any unsold Economy seat, plus additional Economy or premium cabin seat (Fixed Mileage Rate)", whereas LY it said "Access to any unsold Economy seat, plus additional Business seats (Classic Rate)". Think this is a change?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
It wouldn't have been a good year for AC to make any changes given all the uncertainty so I'm not surprised. Next year is the one to watch.

I believe I see one minor change: Heathrow arrivals lounge access seems to be removed for SE100k. I don't imagine that's too big a deal for anyone though.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by shaibu

Priority Rewards on Air Canada flights for SE100 now says "Access to any unsold Economy seat, plus additional Economy or premium cabin seat (Fixed Mileage Rate)", whereas LY it said "Access to any unsold Economy seat, plus additional Business seats (Classic Rate)". Think this is a change?
Premium cabin they usually use to mean PE and J together. So hopefully just clarification on PE access.
Plumber and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by shaibu

I dont think it is a change....not sure what they mean by 'additional Economy', but 'premium cabin should apply to PY, PR and J cabins.

I believe the change from 'Classic' to 'Fixed Mileage' is the nomenclature to be used for the type of reward.

I guess time will tell.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
It wouldn't have been a good year for AC to make any changes given all the uncertainty so I'm not surprised. Next year is the one to watch.

I believe I see one minor change: Heathrow arrivals lounge access seems to be removed for SE100k. I don't imagine that's too big a deal for anyone though.
UA runs that lounge so I wonder if they made the change on their end, or raised the fees to partner airlines. Or, AC looked at the total number of people using it and decided to make this change.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Don't use it often, but that is disappointing if SE's can in fact no longer use. Quite the fall from grace from the times when AC used to run its own arrivals lounge in London (with yummy bacon sandwiches).
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by The Lev
Don't use it often, but that is disappointing if SE's can in fact no longer use. Quite the fall from grace from the times when AC used to run its own arrivals lounge in London (with yummy bacon sandwiches).
Will it still be a benefit for arriving ac J pax?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Agreed, if true. Remember the days when an SE could access the T3 Arrivals MLL even if they weren't flying? Too bad AC didn't do their own Arrivals MLL for T2.

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Will it still be a benefit for arriving ac J pax?
I sure hope so.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I was mildly annoyed because it was a benefit I was looking forward to accessing next year. Having said that, I didn't really know what I was going to be missing. Then you mentioned bacon sandwiches and now I'm considering throwing this chair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.