Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Altitude 2019-2020 Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I changed to a US address when I was on a long term (12+ month) stay so that I could get my postal mail immediately rather than having it pile up at my Cdn address, but the FP I needed to buy was not available for non-Canadian residents or something, so once I had all the AC mail in hand, I changed the address back to my Cdn address. As I wasn't at the SE level, there was no issue of meeting Cdn AQD so no benefit to a US address.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
The 250mi minimum would grant you 250 AQM and 250 Aeropesos.

The altitude bonus would grant you [23,35,50,75,100]%, as appropriate, additional Aeropesos, from the 250. This bonus does is not additional AQM.

This interaction is not special; for flights longer than 250mi, the altitude bonus is only Aeropesos as well.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm starting to lean towards the 12 month Gogo plan.

I don't need eUps. I don't really have anyone who could seriously benefit from E50K. I certainly don't need a lower requalification level (I have over 100k AQM booked or flown for 2019 already).
If you’re looking volunteers, I’m dropping from SE to P25K this year. E50K seems like a dream now.
oneboyincoach and canadiancow like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by 172pilot

If you’re looking volunteers, I’m dropping from SE to P25K this year. E50K seems like a dream now.
Oh man I couldn't imagine. I dropped from 50K to 25K one year. THAT was hard. I often will check 3x heavy bags for work, so losing that benefit sucked. I got really good at my bambi-eyed sob story to the check-in agents until I hit early 35K:

Me: "I'm just not used to this paying for bags thing. I've always been at least 35K. I'm so confused."
Agent: "Oh I've heard that's pretty tough"
Me: "It really is. It really is..."
Agent: "I'll just comp this third bag for you and waive the overweight fee, thanks for your business"
Me: "Bless you"

(true story)
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by trh
Still waiting too. I was actually 107 miles short of 50k...hoping AC will do the right thing here.
Wouldn't "the right thing" be E35K?

You're hoping they don't do the right thing
If AQD was extreme you have a better chance. If it was $6,000 - you may be disappointed. I’d have done a MR.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: AC 75K, Marrott Platinum, BW Diamond, AP Diamond
HI, just wondering if something has changed in 2019. Last year I received early recognition for 75K and I nominated my wife for 35K status. I think her status expires in February 2019. My plan was just to nominate her again for this year since I have 75K status for all of 2019, but when I went to make my choices, it didn't give me that option? it only gave me three choices to make and I had to pick 2 of the 3 - E-upgrades, 75% aerplan miles and reduced mileage for next years status? why was I not able to nominate her again for this year?

thanks
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: QR EK AC BA TK 9W AY
Originally Posted by The Lev
Don't use it often, but that is disappointing if SE's can in fact no longer use. Quite the fall from grace from the times when AC used to run its own arrivals lounge in London (with yummy bacon sandwiches).
And table service! I really miss the YEG-LHR direct flight.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by notalk28
HI, just wondering if something has changed in 2019. Last year I received early recognition for 75K and I nominated my wife for 35K status. I think her status expires in February 2019. My plan was just to nominate her again for this year since I have 75K status for all of 2019, but when I went to make my choices, it didn't give me that option? it only gave me three choices to make and I had to pick 2 of the 3 - E-upgrades, 75% aerplan miles and reduced mileage for next years status? why was I not able to nominate her again for this year?

thanks
@notalk28
Did you already finalize and submit your choices? If so, then my response is moot for this year, but, based on what others have posted anecdotally in past years, it is because you already have a nominee and you have to wait closer to the expiry date of the existing status in order to select. Especially in the last couple of years, there is no longer a need to rush to select privileges so I would have waited. But if you haven't submitted your choices yet, then yes just wait a bit longer!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:09 am
trh

Wouldn't "the right thing" be E35K?

You're hoping they don't do the right thing
LOL, you're technically correct, the best kind of correct.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: AC 75K, Marrott Platinum, BW Diamond, AP Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
@notalk28
Did you already finalize and submit your choices? If so, then my response is moot for this year, but, based on what others have posted anecdotally in past years, it is because you already have a nominee and you have to wait closer to the expiry date of the existing status in order to select. Especially in the last couple of years, there is no longer a need to rush to select privileges so I would have waited. But if you haven't submitted your choices yet, then yes just wait a bit longer!

Yes I already submitted. I really wasn't thinking at the time because the choices i made were selections I had made last year so I thought I was safe to submit. They must have reduced the selections from 3 to 2 this year? I didn't even have a choice to pick the wifi option.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Tags/package received today, just in the nick of time.

Nice to get the black ones. I hope I never need the privileges they come with beyond the eUp and redemption advantages but that seems unlikely.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by notalk28
Yes I already submitted. I really wasn't thinking at the time because the choices i made were selections I had made last year so I thought I was safe to submit. They must have reduced the selections from 3 to 2 this year? I didn't even have a choice to pick the wifi option.
I just checked back through the 2015 benefit year, and it was always 2.

They eliminated bundle 2 last year, but that just had eUps, lounge passes, and travel options, but you get all of them by default now.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS

My package was waiting for me, too.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE100K, Westjet Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, NEXUS
Received mine today as well. Very slick.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by RangerNS
My package was waiting for me, too.
You win !!!!! The look on that face.....plus the new AC neck tag. LOLLLL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.