Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nothing "super" about SE status

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
I suspect so did I. Around 2002?
From the time AC took over Canadian. So around 2000 or 2001. I was Executive Platinum with Canadian and missed MM status by 50 K. Unfortunately AC did give me the points but not the MM credits so the closest I will come is
2 MM
Old May 19, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by RangerNS
If MM is 50k, 2MM is 75k and 3MM is SE4Life, and no one cares about 75k, why does 2MM get you hot and bothered? Bragging rights?
I'd like 2MM to give 50k for life to someone.
Old May 19, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Ah. I took a minute to ponder if my general understanding was wrong, but I understand you mean gifting 50k to someone.

I guess I have the privilege of only having one friend I care about, and if she travels, she travels with me.
Old May 19, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Ah. I took a minute to ponder if my general understanding was wrong, but I understand you mean gifting 50k to someone.

I guess I have the privilege of only having one friend I care about, and if she travels, she travels with me.
Aside: Congrats on your recent 1,000th post.
eracerblue likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by karachi
Concierges are not your personal servants and have defined roles. They have helped me out in tight connections a few times, called me up when flights are delayed etc.
Then what are concierges then?
Old May 19, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver

Yes. Gifting 50k to someone was what I meant. I'd be gifting it to my kid.
Old May 19, 2018, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Then what are concierges then?
Not personal servants. But concierges.
karachi likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife usually travels with me, although not always. Still, it will be useful to get more upgrade credits, and I won't need to gift her 50k status from my own "benefits."
Old May 19, 2018, 1:45 pm

Not personal servants. But concierges.
What do they do? Do they serve? Apparently not. Or do you mean they are not personal?
So are they just like the people working at the fast food counter, who pay attention to you when you are in front of them and completely forget you exist after you walk away?
Old May 19, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by s0ssos
What do they do? Do they serve? Apparently not. Or do you mean they are not personal?
So are they just like the people working at the fast food counter, who pay attention to you when you are in front of them and completely forget you exist after you walk away?
Last year, to my surprise, I received a birthday cake and handwritten (in detailed old calligraphy style to boot!) birthday card from the SD mid-flight. It was from the Montreal concierge team, but it was the SD that "served" it to me.
Old May 19, 2018, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad

Last year, to my surprise, I received a birthday cake and handwritten (in detailed old calligraphy style to boot!) birthday card from the SD mid-flight. It was from the Montreal concierge team, but it was the SD that "served" it to me.

Concierges serve you. They are like butlers. At hotels. That is the traditional use of the word.
If AC wants to change the meaning, like how "enhancement" means "taking away" in the airline world, they certainly can try (and it seems most of you guys drank the koolaid). But it is definitely misleading to use the term "concierge" to describe these people when they are not concierges.
Old May 19, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I gifted mine to a relative. This is a really good benefit, IMHO.
Diabeetus likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 3:38 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Was it really from the YUL concierge team, or did they just organize it for someone?
ffsim likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quite so. I'll be happy to get to 2MM. Maybe another year or so. Not sure how much longer I'll keep going after that.
Like you, 2MM for me personally by end of next year.
Would be interesting to read about the number of SEs here who are 15+ years consecutive SE. I think BB(subject to correction) has one of the longest streaks since SE inception.
Old May 19, 2018, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
Like you, 2MM for me personally by end of next year.
Would be interesting to read about the number of SEs here who are 15+ years consecutive SE. I think BB(subject to correction) has one of the longest streaks since SE inception.
Been SE every year since inception. After flipping from BA gold back then. Concierge has always been for me the most appreciated perk. Though not now as personalized as so many SE and so many Concierges. But some ofthe original ones are still there ��

Last edited by lallied; May 20, 2018 at 5:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.