Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Depending on the system and size of house, expect to spend $7-12K adding A/C to your dream home. Our place is almost 4,000 sq ft on three levels and it cost us a little over $10K plus the cost of an Ecobee thermostat. Worth every penny too.
Worth every penny for sure. There is nothing better than AC. Moving from Toronto to Vancouver 10 yrs ago I remember being surprised at the rarity of A/C and the lack of mesh/bug barriers on windows.

We've also been looking at the super new condos downtown, but pricing /sqft is getting exhorbitant. Regardless if its LEED platinum and can save a fortune on A/C.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
It completely depends on a number of factors, chief among which is how efficient you want said units. It's an exponential price increase to get a SEER 25 rating vs a SEER 13 rating as furnace, evap coils, and compressor all come into play as they work together quite literally.

$7-$12K is on the high end based on where I live, but it can also easily be >$30K for the super ultra efficient latest version no one gives a hoot but some have money to burn models.

When it's over 21 the AC comes on for me, much to my demise but once you reach my age and have a lady who has morphed into a....let me stop there.
I didn't realize you were into older women
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
Worth every penny for sure. There is nothing better than AC.
This could be taken out of context on this forum
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:41 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by jc94

This could be taken out of context on this forum
Unlikely. Very unlikely.
jc94 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Unlikely. Very unlikely.
No Flyertalk participants have ever taken anything the wrong way.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Bettman HHOF what a gd joke. I always thought getting into the HHOF was somewhat easy for most... except for maybe Lindros, who had to wait longer.
ffsim likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Germany out of the world cup. Unbelievable.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by vernonc
Germany out of the world cup. Unbelievable.
The amazing part was the fact that it was 2-0 with goals at 90+2 and +6.

They think it’s all over, it is now!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Ryan Tepera sucks.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wow, phone plans in Canada are ridiculous
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pewpew
Wow, phone plans in Canada are ridiculous
Which cave did you just crawl out of?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
So my credit union has ended the relationship with the whoever it is that issues their MC.

Within a week I start getting calls from the old MC issuer. Having previously, like a decade ago, told them never to call me unless there was a problem with my account, I was surprised and concerned, though it took 3 tries to interrupt the opening speech to ask "is there a problem with my account"? Of course, the answer was "no".

Guess it's time for $500 in Home Depot gift cards and a slightly differently branded MasterCard.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Which cave did you just crawl out of?
Europe?
pewpew and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ryan Tepera sucks.
I was going to click like, but I really don't like it at all. But there is no way to click 'reluctantly agree.'
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by smallmj
Europe?
€15 for 15GB + unlimited talk and text to the EU, Switzerland, Norway, US, and Canada + roaming in the aforementioned countries. I had it good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.