Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flights not posting to altitude dashboard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights not posting to altitude dashboard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Maybe AQM/AQS posting is back to normal? I've had my Nov 16 and Nov 18 flights post automatically. Still missing a segment from Nov 16 that I'll probably have to request manually. All my segments for Nov 18 have posted correctly.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by TravellingGypsy

Agreed. I’ve not had to request missing miles/segments in years, but have had to do it 5 times now for flights from Oct 30 to Nov 9.
There is certainly some issue with the miles posting. I have not had a single automatic posting since late October. Every flight had to be requested for mileage. I waited sometimes 15 days before making the requests.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Maybe AQM/AQS posting is back to normal? I've had my Nov 16 and Nov 18 flights post automatically. Still missing a segment from Nov 16 that I'll probably have to request manually. All my segments for Nov 18 have posted correctly.
I wish. Almost 3 weeks and still waiting on AQD. Here's why it stresses me right out...

The flights I have this week will bring me to within $40 of the 20k. The flights from 3 weeks ago should have brought me over it. If AC is somehow weasling out of giving me the AQD then I would need to find a way to spend $50 AQD this week because I'm shutting down the travel for December.

Anyway, I don't think things are back to normal is my point.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:18 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Maybe AQM/AQS posting is back to normal?
I don't think so. I'm still waiting on:
  • November 7, AC
  • November 9, AC
  • November 12 (2 of 2), both AC
  • November 14 (1 of 2), both AV
  • November 23 (3 of 3), 2 AV and 1AC - not that the AC one would have posted this quickly, but AV sometimes does

1/2 of the November 14 AV flights did post okay, as did a November 17 one, but I wouldn't say it's back to normal.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
My individual flights are posting, but although I've met the requirements for E50K (both AQM and AQD), my account is still showing as E35K as opposed to E50K
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 42000ft
My individual flights are posting, but although I've met the requirements for E50K (both AQM and AQD), my account is still showing as E35K as opposed to E50K
Assuming you've gone up to E50k this year from E35k, this is likely because you met the qualifications after 10/15 which is the cutoff for early recognition.

Last edited by WaytoomuchEurope; Nov 24, 2018 at 9:25 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Welcome to FT!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Assuming you've gone up to E50k this year from E35k, this is likely because you met the qualifications after 10/15 which is the cutoff for early recognition.
You're right, it was after 10/15. But my Altitude Dashboard says "Next Goal: E50K" which was confusing me. I assumed it would at least send me an email saying I've met the E50K requirements but that my benefits would kick in after the new year or something along those lines.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Welcome to FT!
Thank you!
shadowspar likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:41 pm

You're right, it was after 10/15. But my Altitude Dashboard says "Next Goal: E50K" which was confusing me. I assumed it would at least send me an email saying I've met the E50K requirements but that my benefits would kick in after the new year or something along those lines.
You give AC way too much credit, their systems aren't that sophisticated
PointWeasel and jc94 like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
My flights from Nov 7 have still not posted despite requesting and being told they would post by Nov 25. I learned something yesterday - these requests are all posted manually hence there is a huge backlog
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
The flights I have this week will bring me to within $40 of the 20k. The flights from 3 weeks ago should have brought me over it. If AC is somehow weasling out of giving me the AQD then I would need to find a way to spend $50 AQD this week because I'm shutting down the travel for December.
Bolding mine.

To add a data point; my flight from Oct 31 posted manually on Aeroplan but it does not appear to be fully posted to Altitude based on my dashboard. They had given me 25% AQM initially when I submitted the online form. Then when I called in - and Aeroplan told me to fill in an online complaint - I subsequently received a manual adjustment for 75% AQM + 15% Comfort AQM. These two line items appear on my Aeroplan but only the 15% AQM appears as a line item on my Altitude! And these were not added to my MM counter, and I'm soooo close. So the saga continues.

I have one more quick trip to Germany; and these flights should have been more than enough to requalify me for SE and I too plan to shut down travel until 2019.

But depending on how these post, along with whether the 75% AQM missing line item gets added to Altitude, I may have to make a quick MR to ensure I make SE again...I don't want to chance it, even though Altitude shorted me my miles (including the Comfort double AQM which has gone nowhere despite my attempts to get them posted).

Truly, it's sad how simple transactions (since these were all AC issued tickets on AC metal) cannot be properly tracked and posted to Altitude.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Wings100
My flights from Nov 7 have still not posted despite requesting and being told they would post by Nov 25. I learned something yesterday - these requests are all posted manually hence there is a huge backlog
My flights from 08 Nov did not post (AC roundtrip). I filled out the form on Aeroplan and was credited 48 hrs later. Seems like if it is a simple transaction on AC they credit within 48hrs of filling out the online form.
I also submitted another request on line for credit for 13-16 Nov flights. These had IRROPs and ticket number changes so lets see how long these take to post.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by SteadyAT
Truly, it's sad how simple transactions (since these were all AC issued tickets on AC metal) cannot be properly tracked and posted to Altitude.
Yup.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Meanwhile over on this side of the world...

AI flights are posting within 24ish hours to both Altitude and Aeroplan
ET flights are posting within 72 hours to both Altitude and Aeroplan
TG flights are posting within 48 hours to both Altitude and Aeroplan

The added perk so far this trip other than flights posting well from these *A partners?

A cockroach was on my meal tray with AI the other day.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Another quick datapoint.

My AI flight from yesterday posted within 15 hours. I think that is record time, at least for me.

Now there was no IFE and no immigration forms for the arrival country, nor priority check-in, but at least the status miles posted quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.