Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flights not posting to altitude dashboard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus

I know that AQD takes a bit of time to post, but I have a flight from 09/30 and a flight from 10/01 that haven't posted yet at all... is this normal? I would've expected the 09/30 flight to have shown up by now. The last flight that shows up on my dashboard is a flight from 09/26.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Believe it or not, it's not uncommon. A flight I took last Wednesday, just posted early this morning. In another thread, poster "alc" provided this insight which I found helpful.

"Yes, it does seems they only update Tuesday to Saturday and on a 4-days from the day your AC flight landed. If it the 4th day is on Sunday or Monday, that get update on Tuesday. I am currently waiting for my flights from last Thursday as well. And like yours, my Tuesday flights got posted Saturday morning."

And yes, I agree, if this is the best IT a commercial airline can offer it's truly a wonder we're not all lost or deceased.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
does seem a bit longer than normal, did YVR-YYZ-CDG last Wednesday and just noticed the miles posted (AQM) but not the AQD
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Month end flights usually take longer to post. The flight on Sunday will usually post on Thursday.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:25 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yosemite1
I know that AQD takes a bit of time to post, but I have a flight from 09/30 and a flight from 10/01 that haven't posted yet at all... is this normal? I would've expected the 09/30 flight to have shown up by now. The last flight that shows up on my dashboard is a flight from 09/26.
For AC metal flights, this is not at all unusual.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
My flight from Sept 28 just posted this morning, so yes it takes longer. I generally give it 3 days for AQM, 5-6 days for AQD and 8 days for the Altitude Bonus to show in my Aeroplan account.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
My flight from Sept 28 just posted this morning, so yes it takes longer. I generally give it 3 days for AQM, 5-6 days for AQD and 8 days for the Altitude Bonus to show in my Aeroplan account.
Altitude bonus Aeroplan miles post on Sundays or in a month-end sweep, after the AQM has posted. This is one of the very few things that's consistent.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Flight not showing up on dashboard?

I flew LH BLR > FRA, LH FRA > LIS (this was operated by TP) on Nov 4

The LH BLR > FRA is showing up on my dashboard already, but the LH FRA > LIS is not... Is the delay because it was actually operated by TP and it should show up in a few days? Should I be getting a jump start on a mileage request?

Thanks FT
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
I would wait. FF are posted (or at least validated somehow prior to posting...I'm not actually sure what happens behind the scenes) by the operating airline. For Aeroplan, LH is particularly fast -- and AC particularly slow -- at posting. I'm not sure how fast TP is but I would not be surprised it takes a while longer than LH.

It used to be that all AC flights and many other *A would only post on weekly sweeps over the weekend. I don't think that's the case any longer, but I nevertheless wait until 2 weekends after a flight before I even start worrying about it not posting.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:45 am

You should definitely wait. I don't even think the Aeroplan site will let you submit a request until 2 weeks after the flight.

My parents did do an LH codeshare operated by TP last year that never did post, but no sense getting worked up about it this early.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

follow up for what it's worth, the codeshare flight showed up today. Weird that they were on the same day but didn't show up at the same time on the dashboard.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Its stupid to the point of insanity, but its hardly weird. In fact is is normal.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
follow up for what it's worth, the codeshare flight showed up today. Weird that they were on the same day but didn't show up at the same time on the dashboard.
Different carriers post according to different timelines. I've flown AC and UA same day, yet my UA flight usually posts before my AC one does.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Having another experience with multiple carriers and flights either posting or not.
Normally LH flights post pretty promptly,

I flew:

LH BCN > FRA
AC FRA > YYZ

My AC flight has posted, but my LH flight hasn't.
I will need this flight to post so I can hit E50k when I take my last flight of the year on Dec 8.

Should I be sending in a mileage request now? or give it a couple extra business days
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Having another experience with multiple carriers and flights either posting or not.
Normally LH flights post pretty promptly,

I flew:

LH BCN > FRA
AC FRA > YYZ

My AC flight has posted, but my LH flight hasn't.
I will need this flight to post so I can hit E50k when I take my last flight of the year on Dec 8.

Should I be sending in a mileage request now? or give it a couple extra business days
When did you fly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.