Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flights not posting to altitude dashboard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights not posting to altitude dashboard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Had several flights not post since Oct 24....nothing
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Wings100
Hang in tight as it may take much longer. For my Oct 18 flight, there is no expected credit date. Just frustrating.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
I recently filled out a request online for AP to post my missing miles (YVR to YUL in Comfort K). The miles have now posted as 25% (572 miles) instead of the appropriate 115% (2288 + 343), although oddly it says Comfort in the description.

This will make the difference for whether I requalify for SE100K based on my projected travel to year-end.

Incidentally, I also never got my double AQM from 2 transborder flights when Comfort was introduced, and have received no further responses to my email inquiries about the missing miles. (I was first told that I had booked my 2 transborders as one-ways instead of multicity, and thus did not qualify for the double AQM promo. I was able to get the T&Cs from this forum and inquired again and have been met with radio silence). Clearly I am not reaching the right contacts.

I had figured I could forego the missing miles based on my projected travel, but with this posting error, I will not.

I would really appreciate if someone can please direct me to where I can follow up to rectify this recent posting error? When I go on AP, it is strictly an online form.

Last edited by SteadyAT; Nov 11, 2018 at 8:09 am Reason: fixed typo
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
When AQM and Aeroplan miles don't post as they should based on the fare purchased (AC 014 and AC metal, for eg.), like many others here and not on FT, I wait for a week, or two. And absolutely, if the miles were to make a difference for status level for the coming year, I would be a little more "attentive"

I am not convinced that AC understands this mess.

I am not convinced they will have fixed this by the time the programs are re-integrated or whatever.

It is bad enough that there is no one to call or email when stranded while on a trip with Aeroplan.

It is bad enough that Aeroplan controls the posting of miles yet when things don't post, they tell you to call Air Canada. And who would there be to call?

It is bad enough when you buy an Air Canada 014 ticket with AC to Asia, a cnx on a codeshare partner (non *A) and then when the miles don't post and you get an idiotic auto-reply telling you that you never flew the flight (yet you have in your hand the ticket, the BP and the fare was paid J), who do you call?

It is absolutely absurd to run a business like this and leave paying customers to hire engineers and maybe an anthropologist to help them decipher the branded fares so they can buy ones that earn miles (if that is their objective), only to have to fight for mileage credit.

As for AQM etc not posting to dashboard, maybe the Commodore 64 is just too tired dealing with W&B issues to focus on the Altitude dashboard.

(lol, ok, that was therapeutic....back to regular programming)
Bohemian1 and DNAwizard like this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:32 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
In the absence of any larger fixes (if that ever happens), the "who do you contact" question is something that has to get simplified and communicated. It would be better for their customer's satisfaction, but also better for the airline's cost structure if communications were simplified and somehow centralized.

But I also believed in the promise of Signature Class, so maybe I'm just naive.
DNAwizard likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by SteadyAT
...This will make the difference for whether I requalify for SE100K based on my projected travel to year-end.
I would really appreciate if someone can please direct me to where I can follow up to rectify this recent posting error? When I go on AP, it is strictly an online form.
This is my situation too. The missing flight would make a "million" difference for my status with AC. But nothing is happening despite the fact that everyone involved (Aeroplan, AC) acknowledged it's an error that should not have happened since the coupon for the flight was used. And yet...

Originally Posted by 24left
When AQM and Aeroplan miles don't post as they should based on the fare purchased (AC 014 and AC metal, for eg.), like many others here and not on FT, I wait for a week, or two. And absolutely, if the miles were to make a difference for status level for the coming year, I would be a little more "attentive"

I am not convinced that AC understands this mess.
I am convinced AC does not understand this mess.
jasdou likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by Wings100
Nothing has posted for me automatically since my Oct 25th flights. I have had to manually request credit after 8 days. These ones post on the next day after they've been accepted by the Aeroplan website.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
This is where in the past, some AC lurkers might have been able to get this fixed/accelerated for us.

(Data point: I'm speaking from experience)
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
This is where in the past, some AC lurkers might have been able to get this fixed/accelerated for us.

(Data point: I'm speaking from experience)
Thank you for giving us hope ^
That would be tremendously appreciated. I usually just wait it out when this happens but this one is kind of important (read becoming MM).
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I recently filled out a request online for AP to post my missing miles (YVR to YUL in Comfort K). The miles have now posted as 25% (572 miles) instead of the appropriate 115% (2288 + 343), although oddly it says Comfort in the description.

This will make the difference for whether I requalify for SE100K based on my projected travel to year-end.

Incidentally, I also never got my double AQM from 2 transborder flights when Comfort was introduced, and have received no further responses to my email inquiries about the missing miles. (I was first told that I had booked my 2 transborders as one-ways instead of multicity, and thus did not qualify for the double AQM promo. I was able to get the T&Cs from this forum and inquired again and have been met with radio silence). Clearly I am not reaching the right contacts.

I had figured I could forego the missing miles based on my projected travel, but with this posting error, I will not.

I've always just called Aeroplan. Sometimes it takes a couple calls, but usually when the agent says "Oh I see you called about this two weeks ago and nothing has happened yet, let me get a supervisor", it's fixed within 24 hours.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've always just called Aeroplan. Sometimes it takes a couple calls, but usually when the agent says "Oh I see you called about this two weeks ago and nothing has happened yet, let me get a supervisor", it's fixed within 24 hours.
Thank you Canadian Cow. Can you clarify if you're contacting the Priority Contacts number to the Super Elite desk (listed on the back of the SE card for AC, AC Vacations and Aeroplan) or are you calling the number for Aeroplan members with Diamond status?

The numbers appear to be different and I'd like to call the number you've reached out to and have successfully reached an agent who can rectify the situation!! Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by DNAwizard
This is my situation too. The missing flight would make a "million" difference for my status with AC. But nothing is happening despite the fact that everyone involved (Aeroplan, AC) acknowledged it's an error that should not have happened since the coupon for the flight was used. And yet....
I'm in the same boat; if Aeroplan did not deny my Double AQM promo qualification, I would reach the MM mark on one of my upcoming November/December flights.

I had given up the chase for these missing ~2000 miles; I've had no reply since I submitted the T&Cs (which I believe I received from you!) requesting a review of my request for the Double AQM promo.

With the current posting error giving me 25% of miles instead of 115%, resulting in another deficit of 2000 miles, I definitely am putting in the effort to make sure I get to SE100K; my MM will have to come in January.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Thank you Canadian Cow. Can you clarify if you're contacting the Priority Contacts number to the Super Elite desk (listed on the back of the SE card for AC, AC Vacations and Aeroplan) or are you calling the number for Aeroplan members with Diamond status?

The numbers appear to be different and I'd like to call the number you've reached out to and have successfully reached an agent who can rectify the situation!! Thanks in advance.
It all goes to the same place.

I'm in the same boat; if Aeroplan did not deny my Double AQM promo qualification, I would reach the MM mark on one of my upcoming November/December flights.
Bonus AQM promos do not count towards MM.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:32 pm

Thanks - had no idea they go to the same place. Why do they make it so confusing?!? (Well, or maybe I'm easily confused.)

Bonus AQM promos do not count towards MM.
Ah...OK! I don't know how you keep track of the rules; I have a hard time just keeping track that my miles are posting! I vow that for 2019, I'm starting a spreadsheet with my first flight in January!

Thanks again for all the help.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

/dev/null presumably?
flyquiet, DNAwizard and RangerNS like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.