AQD not posting

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Has anyone ever seen this before. I have two pending'sa but no fare class shown
Attached Images  
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Someone else had posted that somewhere, but all of mine show letter, whether pending or not. (My one pending flight is now 32 days ago. Someone please feed that hamster.)
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by lcohen999

Same thing with mine no fare class Flex and pending
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by lcohen999
I also see that on a recent U-class booking (FLEX shown). My wife also has a booking show up as FLEX but "Not Eligible" for AQD (even though it should be -- 014 ticket stock, AC metal).
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Someone else had posted that somewhere, but all of mine show letter, whether pending or not. (My one pending flight is now 32 days ago. Someone please feed that hamster.)
That was me, I think, asking about the change to "TANGO" instead of fare classes.

Originally Posted by JordanYVR
I also see that on a recent U-class booking (FLEX shown). My wife also has a booking show up as FLEX but "Not Eligible" for AQD (even though it should be -- 014 ticket stock, AC metal).
Mine is the same, but for Tango. My outbound "Not Eligible", and inbound "Pending". I'll hit the 14 days at the end of the week so I'll reach out then if not updated.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 3.41.55 PM.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  68.8 KB
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:37 pm

Tango S, T, L, A, K and F booking classes are eligible at 50% between Canada and US. Wondering, what class on AC 7540 was not eligible?
AC Express should be eligible, but
"not eligible to earn Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD):
Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to, promotional tickets and Flight Passes, opaque fares, group, consolidated or bulk fares as well as all-inclusive vacation packages (flights and hotel) purchased through Air Canada Vacations or other websites offering vacation packages."
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:21 am

Tango S, T, L, A, K and F booking classes are eligible at 50% between Canada and US. Wondering, what class on AC 7540 was not eligible?
You really need to be on the ball to catch *all* the changes made to the T&C. Check it out:

Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to, promotional tickets and Flight Passes, opaque fares, group, consolidated or bulk fares, flights in which we choose not to operate as scheduled despite a contract of carriage, as well as all-inclusive vacation packages (flights and hotel) purchased through Air Canada Vacations or other websites offering vacation packages."
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:46 am

That's the quote I posted from T&C. But I was wondering whether Globex's particular flight was one of those.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
You really need to be on the ball to catch *all* the changes made to the T&C. Check it out:

Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to, promotional tickets and Flight Passes, opaque fares, group, consolidated or bulk fares, flights in which we choose not to operate as scheduled despite a contract of carriage, as well as all-inclusive vacation packages (flights and hotel) purchased through Air Canada Vacations or other websites offering vacation packages."
Which got me thinking about 2 conversations last week with CIBC Travel Rewards agents thru Merit and RBC Travel Rewards agents thru HRG Canada. Apparently AC 'and' Aeroplan advised them that the adding of frequent flyer numbers to bookings is prohibited has of last month. That was the word both agents used with me. In fact, the Merit system has removed the field for adding Aeroplan numbers.

Just when I thought AC and Aeroplan could not play anymore games.

Did I miss this bizarre development in another recent thread?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Which got me thinking about 2 conversations last week with CIBC Travel Rewards agents thru Merit and RBC Travel Rewards agents thru HRG Canada. Apparently AC 'and' Aeroplan advised them that the adding of frequent flyer numbers to bookings is prohibited has of last month. That was the word both agents used with me. In fact, the Merit system has removed the field for adding Aeroplan numbers.

Just when I thought AC and Aeroplan could not play anymore games.

Did I miss this bizarre development in another recent thread?
The Avion issue was discussed here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-altitude.html

I also posted a workaround suggestion there. Not sure if it would apply to CIBC as well.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: MR Plat
They were in T and A classes, booked through corporate travel (Concur). They've always credited before but I booked this one during the time when they weren't charging credit cards for a while so I didn't know if that might have been an issue.

I got the AQM and AQS, just not AQD. I thought if not eligible for AQD, then wouldn't be eligible for AQM/AQS as well?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
This morning AQD still not posted for June flights but the booking class for all flights has changed from flex to a actual class
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Dear Sr PW,

Thank you for taking the time to reach us with this verification request.

I am glad to inform you that the AQD you were still missing for this itinerary have now been added to your account. Your dashboard should be updated very shortly.

We are truly sorry for this processing delay and the inconvenience it may have caused you. Please do not hesitate to write back if ever you have other AQD related queries in the future.

Best regards,

(name withheld)
Air Canada, Altitude Team

Received the email above from the Altitude Team. Never knew there was an Altitude Team until now and I suspect that most call centre agents do not know either.

This missing AQD was due to IRROPS last month, and....wait for it....the request was sent and replied to within 48 hours. Not kidding.

Now, the posting is forced thru so the miles did not post automatically which is still pending with the forced thru method on that website.

Baby steps.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by traacs
This morning AQD still not posted for June flights but the booking class for all flights has changed from flex to a actual class
Same here for my June flights (Actual class instead of FLEX). My July flights still show FLEX.

And last AQD was posted 5/31.

Has anyone seen AQD post for June flights (or beyond)?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martyYOW

And last AQD was posted 5/31.

Has anyone seen AQD post for June flights (or beyond)?
Already reported earlier in the thread. All AQD for June posted. Within less than a week after flights.

But these were not pass tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.