Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Print Wikipost

AQD not posting

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Although, my AQM has been posted for the past two days, I will check tomorrow for my AQD to be posted. Thanks for giving me hope
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Has anyone done an SDC and not had it screw up AQD?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Has anyone done an SDC and not had it screw up AQD?
When I do equivalent flights (i.e. take a later or earlier nonstop) it works fine.

Adding or removing segments is more interesting.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
When I do equivalent flights (i.e. take a later or earlier nonstop) it works fine.

Adding or removing segments is more interesting.
Off the top of my head, I've done 2 SDCs this year that changed one-stop trips to non-stops and both were messed up. Can't remember off the top of my head what else I've SDCed this year or last, but I'm fairly sure I've had other problems. I did one this evening that was just an earlier direct YVR-YYC, so we'll see how that works out in about eight days.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Off the top of my head, I've done 2 SDCs this year that changed one-stop trips to non-stops and both were messed up. Can't remember off the top of my head what else I've SDCed this year or last, but I'm fairly sure I've had other problems. I did one this evening that was just an earlier direct YVR-YYC, so we'll see how that works out in about eight days.
My experience has been along the lines of changing YVR-YYZ-YUL to YVR-YUL. The change is done in DCS, so the ticket is unaffected. AQD seems to post based on the ticket, so I get the YVR-YYZ AQD allocated to YVR-YUL, and the YYZ-YUL AQD disappears.

Likewise, if I change YVR-YUL to YVR-YYZ-YUL, the YVR-YUL AQD shows up for YVR-YYZ, and I get no AQD for YYZ-YUL (but who cares - I got all my AQD).
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
My experience has been along the lines of changing YVR-YYZ-YUL to YVR-YUL. The change is done in DCS, so the ticket is unaffected. AQD seems to post based on the ticket, so I get the YVR-YYZ AQD allocated to YVR-YUL, and the YYZ-YUL AQD disappears.
Yes, this is the issue I've had when changing AAA-BBB-CCC to AAA-CCC. Then when they correct it, rather than adjusting the AQD for the flight I did take, they just add the flight I didn't take with 0 AQM but whatever AQD were missing.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Flew YYZ-YVR-TPE-YVR-YYZ on Nov 23 and Nov 24. Found it odd that AQDs for TPE-YVR-YYZ on Nov 24 posted right away while those for YYZ-YVR-TPE on Nov 23 were missing despite being the same ticket / PNR. Wrote in on Saturday, Dec 2 using the web form and got a response today. Impressive!. E-mail explained that the missing AQDs were added and I now see this on my Altitude dashboard:

Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Besides for the current messed up Altitude site and the error message
We are currently experiencing a high volume of visits to our website. As such, Altitude Qualifying Dollar (AQD) information may not be available at this time. Please check back again later to view your AQD tracker and recent transactions.
Has anyone seen AQD credit for copay? I upgraded a companion with no status 2 weeks ago and paid #350 . I have not seen anywhere that I got any AQD for this.I am wondering where I would see it?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
You won't, @mendy7511. An "upgrade" doesn't change the nature of the ticket, and AQD is calculated based on the ticket fare class.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
You won't, @mendy7511. An "upgrade" doesn't change the nature of the ticket, and AQD is calculated based on the ticket fare class.
So what does it refer to as eUpgrade Add-ons?

You will also earn Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) for eligible Flight Pass purchases and eUpgrade Add-ons based on the monetary value of the purchase.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
My error then; It has already posted as part of the calculation. It doesn't get another line item.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by mendy7511
Besides for the current messed up Altitude site and the error message
Has anyone seen AQD credit for copay? I upgraded a companion with no status 2 weeks ago and paid #350 . I have not seen anywhere that I got any AQD for this.I am wondering where I would see it?
Ive received co-pay AQD when upgrading some flights from Tango fare classes a part of the recent/ongoing "promotion." These were always shown as separate line items on dashboard.

I suspect that if it isn't called out separately on your dashboard, that the co-pay likely posted to your companion's account (which IMHO is the right way for this to happen).
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:54 am

I got a reply from Air Canada today

​​​​​​
As with Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS), Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) will always be credited to the member who travels, not the member who purchases a ticket. This also applies to AQD earned for eUpgrade Add-ons.
So you get AQD credit, but the person using the eupgrade credits and paying the add on does not. Only the passanger being upgraded.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mendy7511
I got a reply from Air Canada today

​​​​​​

So you get AQD credit, but the person using the eupgrade credits and paying the add on does not. Only the passanger being upgraded.
Do you ever travel on your employer's dime? If so, aren't you glad this is the policy?
gabdusch likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Do you ever travel on your employer's dime? If so, aren't you glad this is the policy?
I am not complaining.
Although it also makes sense to me that the account used for the eupgrade credits should be the one credited with the AQD. In my case, I upgraded someone with no status at all so AQD is meaningless to her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.