Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Print Wikipost

AQD not posting

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:45 pm

AQD strangeness

Over two weeks ago I flew from SSG-FRA-YYZ-YYT, with the first leg being on LH medal and the whole trip being a 220 ticket. AQD never posted, I emailed Air Canada about it, and got the reply that they do not now the AQD and need me to provide a breakdown of all the costs and receipt. I emailed them the Receipt from LH website, and the one my travel agent sent me. I even mentioned in the email the exact taxes and fees involved as in a dummy booking. However the LH site and my travel agents receipt don’t include the breakdown, just the total costs, and according to Air Canada that isn’t enough even though I broke down all the costs for them myself (and I’m not trying to cheat AQD). Does anyone have any idea to how to find the full receipt with breakdown besides contacting travel agent? (they are not the best at communicating and I know I’m not a travel agent but they don’t seem too good at there job for this stuff). And my second question is why does Air Canada not know the costs? It doesn’t make sense that they don’t know how much money they made off of my itinerary.

Thank you for any help.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
http://saudia.com manage bookings, eticket.

Maybe
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
http://saudia.com manage bookings, eticket.

Maybe
Thank you for the idea, however when I look it up it only shows info for what I and the Air Canada agent already know about the booking.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ryanpower8
Over two weeks ago I flew from SSG-FRA-YYZ-YYT, with the first leg being on LH medal and the whole trip being a 220 ticket. AQD never posted, I emailed Air Canada about it, and got the reply that they do not now the AQD and need me to provide a breakdown of all the costs and receipt. I emailed them the Receipt from LH website, and the one my travel agent sent me. I even mentioned in the email the exact taxes and fees involved as in a dummy booking. However the LH site and my travel agents receipt don’t include the breakdown, just the total costs, and according to Air Canada that isn’t enough even though I broke down all the costs for them myself (and I’m not trying to cheat AQD). Does anyone have any idea to how to find the full receipt with breakdown besides contacting travel agent? (they are not the best at communicating and I know I’m not a travel agent but they don’t seem too good at there job for this stuff). And my second question is why does Air Canada not know the costs? It doesn’t make sense that they don’t know how much money they made off of my itinerary.

Thank you for any help.

Why would AC have the costs from a ticket issued by another airline? If you paid LH for the ticket and some sectors are on AC, we assume they will pay AC.

I would add the following advice (often repeated) for anyone who might drive by

Even if I have to buy a ticket from a TA, or even from AC reservations where the format is not always the same as when buying at AC.com, I trust no one when it comes to AQD. Sadly. And this is based on past experience.

While others may not do this (time or patience), or they may get the breakdowns from their TA or corporate TA, I screen shot the entire booking process, whether it is on AC or LH or NH etc. At least on AC.com, the summary details provide the base fare and YQ break outs, which do not appear on all formats of tickets, or it is not broken out in a clear and easy to find way. Sure, it's not always possible if booking with a TA, but the base fare and various YQ should be available to anyone who asks .

You have a bit of a challenge as you are trying to get this info after you have flown.

I don't know if after the fact, you will find all of it, but I would certainly ask the TA.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Why would AC have the costs from a ticket issued by another airline? If you paid LH for the ticket and some sectors are on AC, we assume they will pay AC.

I would add the following advice (often repeated) for anyone who might drive by

Even if I have to buy a ticket from a TA, or even from AC reservations where the format is not always the same as when buying at AC.com, I trust no one when it comes to AQD. Sadly. And this is based on past experience.

While others may not do this (time or patience), or they may get the breakdowns from their TA or corporate TA, I screen shot the entire booking process, whether it is on AC or LH or NH etc. At least on AC.com, the summary details provide the base fare and YQ break outs, which do not appear on all formats of tickets, or it is not broken out in a clear and easy to find way. Sure, it's not always possible if booking with a TA, but the base fare and various YQ should be available to anyone who asks .

You have a bit of a challenge as you are trying to get this info after you have flown.

I don't know if after the fact, you will find all of it, but I would certainly ask the TA.
Thank you for the very detailed reply, I will definitely be screenshoting what you mentioned in the future to avoid issues like this, and I only imagined Air Canada had a breakdown in the costs meaning that what they got paid is equal to AQD
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Thank you for the idea, however when I look it up it only shows info for what I and the Air Canada agent already know about the booking.

The fare construction at the bottom that looks like
21JUL19YTO AC SFO R538.06AC YTO R538.06CAD1076.12END ROE1.00 ZP YYZ PD5.60AY9.10CA2.44RC18.79SQ60.67US3.96XA40.91XG7.0 0XY 5.77YC8.40ZP PDXF4.50SFO4.50
has all the information.

In my case, the base fare is 1076.12, and everything else is ineligible taxes and fees. Yours will likely have a YQ component that is eligible, but all of it only on a prorated basis excluding non-AC segments.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Thank you for the very detailed reply, I will definitely be screenshoting what you mentioned in the future to avoid issues like this, and I only imagined Air Canada had a breakdown in the costs meaning that what they got paid is equal to AQD

@ryanpower8

The AQD only matters to us as it is spend criteria for Altitude status.

Here is what I do if I'm booking on AC.com. Others will do what works for them.

Random ticket.

After you select your flights, you get to a page showing the trip summary and the costs appears like this.

When you click "View Price Breakdown" you get this

And these are the numbers that matter as they combine to form the AQD. The "Surcharges" section may have more than one and will vary by route and destination.

And yes, @canadiancow's breakdown also works. I prefer my method and I've had to use it more than once with the AQD people.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The fare construction at the bottom that looks like

has all the information.

In my case, the base fare is 1076.12, and everything else is ineligible taxes and fees. Yours will likely have a YQ component that is eligible, but all of it only on a prorated basis excluding non-AC segments.
I tried your method from the receipt, and it is the exact same as what the Air Canada agent said she could see. She sent me a screenshot of what she sees on her end, and it does show a fare calculation, it doesn't show very much, but for some odd reason even when I check the Lufthansa receipt it looks like there is a bit more info, but it doesnt show the final costs, and according to the Air Canada agent it isnt enough information.

Here is what the Air Canada agent sees about my flight and the fare breakdown:

Here is what is on the lufthansa receipt about the fare calculation:

Both do not seem to show the full costs, however in the itinerary from my travel agent, it does show the final cost but it doesn't show the breakdown like Lufthansa does, and for whatever reason even with the full cost on one receipt, and the breakdown on another, it somehow doesn't work for Air Canada to process. It is definitely an odd situation.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:50 pm
Suspended

I tried your method from the receipt, and it is the exact same as what the Air Canada agent said she could see. She sent me a screenshot of what she sees on her end, and it does show a fare calculation, it doesn't show very much, but for some odd reason even when I check the Lufthansa receipt it looks like there is a bit more info, but it doesnt show the final costs, and according to the Air Canada agent it isnt enough information.
Both do not seem to show the full costs, however in the itinerary from my travel agent, it does show the final cost but it doesn't show the breakdown like Lufthansa does, and for whatever reason even with the full cost on one receipt, and the breakdown on another, it somehow doesn't work for Air Canada to process. It is definitely an odd situation.
At the bottom of your ticket, where it shows taxes and fees, I assume some of those numbers are part of your AQD. Just not sure how to break it out.

It was nice of the AC agent to try and help but the ticket is LH, so at this point, perhaps your TA will have to get the missing info. I can see how the AQD people will not be able to break it down themselves.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Purchased N class TPE - YVR last week for X amount of $ .I just changed my flight to a different date (no charge for change). the updated itinerary shows up as " 0$".

Does that mean i wont get any AQD for making a change? Or do i still get AQD from the original booking?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by supatight80
Purchased N class TPE - YVR last week for X amount of $ .I just changed my flight to a different date (no charge for change). the updated itinerary shows up as " 0$".

Does that mean i wont get any AQD for making a change? Or do i still get AQD from the original booking?
AQD from original
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I know this is an example of "do what I say, not what I do", but I've given up. I'm over 20k, and I just don't have the energy to verify these things. I had my spreadsheet going partway through EYW, but it's just not worth the effort. My last posted AQD was Nov 11. I have had many flights since then. Nothing has posted for me from Nov 15 onward.

But unless they launch a GS-like tier, I just don't care.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:40 pm

My last AQD was also Nov 11, with Nov 17 being the next flight.

I've never "verified" things, but I keep track, and when they post, I'll backfill.

But now at 42KAQD, I also am not all that worried about anything.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, MT Ambassador, HH Diamond, Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Emerald Club
I have 3 flights from back in mid November that AQD hasn't posted yet.
I received AQM for these flights, however nothing showing yet under AQD.

Flights:
AC Metal on all so AQD eligible.

Emailed concierge, however they tell me to contact Aeroplan, I contact Aeroplan, they tell me to contact AC....

Any idea as to how to get these credited? Wouldn't worry, however, short a K or two to re-qualify for SE.

TIA.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Aker
I have 3 flights from back in mid November that AQD hasn't posted yet.
I received AQM for these flights, however nothing showing yet under AQD.

Flights:
AC Metal on all so AQD eligible.

Emailed concierge, however they tell me to contact Aeroplan, I contact Aeroplan, they tell me to contact AC....

Any idea as to how to get these credited? Wouldn't worry, however, short a K or two to re-qualify for SE.

TIA.
Sounds like the whole system ground to a halt sometime after Nov 11. I doubt you have the pull to make a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.