FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AQD not posting
Thread: AQD not posting
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:09 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ryanpower8
Over two weeks ago I flew from SSG-FRA-YYZ-YYT, with the first leg being on LH medal and the whole trip being a 220 ticket. AQD never posted, I emailed Air Canada about it, and got the reply that they do not now the AQD and need me to provide a breakdown of all the costs and receipt. I emailed them the Receipt from LH website, and the one my travel agent sent me. I even mentioned in the email the exact taxes and fees involved as in a dummy booking. However the LH site and my travel agents receipt don’t include the breakdown, just the total costs, and according to Air Canada that isn’t enough even though I broke down all the costs for them myself (and I’m not trying to cheat AQD). Does anyone have any idea to how to find the full receipt with breakdown besides contacting travel agent? (they are not the best at communicating and I know I’m not a travel agent but they don’t seem too good at there job for this stuff). And my second question is why does Air Canada not know the costs? It doesn’t make sense that they don’t know how much money they made off of my itinerary.

Thank you for any help.

Why would AC have the costs from a ticket issued by another airline? If you paid LH for the ticket and some sectors are on AC, we assume they will pay AC.

I would add the following advice (often repeated) for anyone who might drive by

Even if I have to buy a ticket from a TA, or even from AC reservations where the format is not always the same as when buying at AC.com, I trust no one when it comes to AQD. Sadly. And this is based on past experience.

While others may not do this (time or patience), or they may get the breakdowns from their TA or corporate TA, I screen shot the entire booking process, whether it is on AC or LH or NH etc. At least on AC.com, the summary details provide the base fare and YQ break outs, which do not appear on all formats of tickets, or it is not broken out in a clear and easy to find way. Sure, it's not always possible if booking with a TA, but the base fare and various YQ should be available to anyone who asks .

You have a bit of a challenge as you are trying to get this info after you have flown.

I don't know if after the fact, you will find all of it, but I would certainly ask the TA.