Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Print Wikipost

AQD not posting

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I just adjusted things for CY 2019, again, to fix a second round of changes. My tracking doesn't track if I booked direct or with the corporate TA, but spot checking, it would appear that it was the cOTA segments that were affected. I currently have a few segments this year now marked as PENDING. (actually, segments going back a to last July).

2018 dropped from my recorded $36,371.82 to $32,108.53; 2019 was over $21k, and now $19417.20.

I'm not at all concerned about hitting the dollars, but W.T.F.?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I was thinking that what is bothering most here is ZERO effort on the part of AC to communicate with Altitude members, which I mentioned upthread, as well as the freakish nature of the large volume of AQD dollars that are missing.

While some of us have detected a pattern of the missing AQD from our own flights, AC is doing some sort of audit - either that or the AQD ladies quit and the number tumbling by hand was outsourced to a low-labor cost country.

I would not accuse AC of malice, as I mentioned earlier, when poor IT, poor design, even worse execution, poor management in the form of lack of communication, all come together to get us where we are today.

I am also quite sure some here and others not on FT who noticed the huge decline in AQD, are wondering if they need to start collecting all of their tickets, screen shots, BPs, receipts for TAs and such, preparing to defend their earnings.

So, to sum up, based on posts here, AQD is now missing, or "Pending" for flights that were booked by:
TAs, corporate TAs, AC res agents and possibly OTAs

Flights missing AQD also include those that had promo codes (eg. AX-AC 15%),and that were paid for in part by AC eCoupons

Others here might be right, grab a beer, ice coffee, stronger adult beverage, find a beach, a bar, a spot up at FL400 and chill. (or go for the combo, rant first, chill later )
pilot007 and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by 24left
So, to sum up, based on posts here, AQD is now missing, or "Pending" for flights that were booked by:

Flights missing AQD also include those that had promo codes (eg. AX-AC 15%),and that were paid for in part by AC eCoupons
You can add rebookings due to IRROPS to that list of pending flights.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
You can add rebookings due to IRROPS to that list of pending flights.
And international O and P fares booked on AC.com...
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I feel badly to be left out of the shenanigans. I had a flight with a 30% discount code applied, and my AQD is over my $0.01 on that itinerary, and the FP flights are about what they usually are. I do book directly not OTA though. Anyway, data point.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:20 pm

Missing 20% in the last week. How come the rodents don't chew the wires that put random AQD into the account?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

I think you're trying to identify a pattern where there is none.

I have a simple one-way one-segment YOW-YYZ booked on AC.com, with no promo code, paid for with just a credit card, that is now missing AQD.

It can happen to any flight, regardless of how it was booked.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:47 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
AC is doing some sort of audit - either that or the AQD ladies quit and the number tumbling by hand was outsourced to a low-labor cost country.
What makes you think AC is conducting an audit? An audit is meant to detect and rectify errors. AC has been taking correct data and replacing it with incorrect data. This sounds more like a glitch of some sort than an audit.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think you're trying to identify a pattern where there is none.....
Hobbies can be fun sometimes.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
What makes you think AC is conducting an audit? An audit is meant to detect and rectify errors. AC has been taking correct data and replacing it with incorrect data. This sounds more like a glitch of some sort than an audit.
I was trying to be nice. Briefly.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:17 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
C'mon people, we know there's no logic to this.

Just as I don't ascribe this to malice either, I also don't assume an advanced degree of organization.

Clearly there's a simpler explanation; the dog ate Audrey's printed AQD ledger and they are trying to Scotch tape it back together.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
All mine were FP bookings. No TA. But I did notice that IRROPS have thrown this out of whack.

And any adjustments I sent in for because they were wrong.

I will wait for the dust to settle. I am travelling less on AC this year. So this year will be a squeaker for AQD.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
...this year will be a squeaker for AQD.
It's people in this situation I feel badly for. I don't have the inclination or patience to go line by line and check my AQD but I don't need to - I've re-qualified anyway (although today it says I only have $17K). For people who have to carefully plan how to get over the $20K mark this is just a giant PITA.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:35 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
It's people in this situation I feel badly for. I don't have the inclination or patience to go line by line and check my AQD but I don't need to - I've re-qualified anyway (although today it says I only have $17K). For people who have to carefully plan how to get over the $20K mark this is just a giant PITA.
Also a more pressing issue for our friends who are transitioning from E75K to SE100K mid year. Especially if they are making award bookings.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
Got a pending round trip flight not posting AQD that was posted fine in the past, hopefully it clears soon so I can reach E35K
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Amusingly, it does seem like it would matter to you

But I agree. I've never missed the $20k mark, though I only need $10k. I've never "needed" to track it, but I figure every report is something they can investigate and hopefully fix going forward for others.

But I've lost over half my AQD. I'm at an obscenely low number right now considering I'm over 100k AQM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.