Search
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Print Wikipost

AQD not posting

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Still missing AQD from 28DEC...anyone else?
I feel Audrey's pain in her position.

My missing AQD was posted manually within 60 hours of requesting, but again, this should be necessary to request in the first place.

Still awaiting the E75K sweep and we are into week 3 since qualification.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I am convinced there is an AQD Lady who manually adds AQD to the Altitude page.

I am also convinced that AC was neither ready to launch properly in January 2016 but decided to regardless.

I am perpetually baffled why AQD needs it's own line on the Altitude page. The fact that it couldn't be formatted such that Base miles, COS and then AQD run across as we would have on our own XL, but instead, each of the 3 has it's own line.

Since I am ranting here, I will add that it is absurd that a simple ticket purchased on AC.com with Base Fare and then Carrier Surcharge showing is not what the AC AQD Lady decided to give me.

Sure, I've filled out the form and sent it along, but I think I will now send other forms and maybe throw in a few emails to AC just to let them know it is not acceptable and I am not amused.

/feel better
flyquiet, gcashin and RangerNS like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:51 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by 24left
I am convinced there is an AQD Lady who manually adds AQD to the Altitude page.
I found her!

PointWeasel and 24left like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Last year I had serious AQD issues of varying degrees.

So far this year I haven't had a single flight take longer than 3 days to post a correct amount of AQD. Strange, but I'll take it.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I too am 100% convinced there is an AQD lady.
Her name is Audrey.

email from Audrey
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm amused by the "please don't hesitate to write back if you have issues in the future" part. I mean, why would you hesitate. Your status relies on them getting that crap corrected.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:29 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Her name is Audrey.

email from Audrey
I just checked, and my last two AQD begging requests elicited emails from 'Audrey' as well.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Her name is Audrey.

email from Audrey
Actually,
AQM means Altitude Qualifying Mommy
AQD means Altitude Qualifying Daddy
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am perpetually baffled why AQD needs it's own line on the Altitude page. The fact that it couldn't be formatted such that Base miles, COS and then AQD run across as we would have on our own XL, but instead, each of the 3 has it's own line.
It might not *need* a line. Perhaps it's just easier that way.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stranger
It might not *need* a line. Perhaps it's just easier that way.
And none of that explains why AQD is missing or does not match the ticket. This is idiotic and tiresome.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:19 pm
Suspended

This is idiotic and tiresome. Also for those who are about to ask, the .csv file is blank. Exact same results on 2 different browsers.

Maybe this belongs in the complaints' thread. I doubt anyone lurking reads that one too.

Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Its hard to imagine anyone would have intentionally designed a system that is this horrible.

Of course, we know it was not designed, but evolved; it was a system first put into production in 1963.

It does not bother me that this is the case. It bothers me that they seem entirely indifferent to making things better. It bothers me that they add to the crap, the double and now triple rows for a single line item being a good example. My spreadsheet has BIS, COS Rate, AQM, AQD (and others). As the data comes in, I manually update the single record from different events.

I can understand how these are populated as different events, I can't fathom how (the AQM, at least) was once merged into a single record, but now is not. HTF did you break that? HTF did you demo that to your friends? HTF did a dozen people and managers think that was OK to push to production?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:07 pm
Suspended

This is advice to any of you who are using an AC eCoupon as a form of payment on any tickets.

Last fall, I noticed AQD was missing and it was exactly the amount of an eCoupon I used to pay for part of the cost of a the ticket.

I sent in the AQD Discrepancy Form and got an apology that the correct amount has now been credited. The AQD Lady chose to create an entirely separate line on the AQD chart, listing the amount as MISC and the ticket # and date etc.
I sent an email back saying that is not how it works, but whatever.

Well, here we are in 2019. I'm not the only one who is receiving AQD for flights that is conveniently missing the amount that is EXACTLY what was the value of the eCoupon I used.

So, for any and all of you who are using an eCoupon for a ticket, watch your AQD like a hawk and trust no one. LOL

I certainly understand that AC and all airlines are shouting form the hilltops "Show me the %&!?&$ Money", but IMHO, AC was neither ready to launch this, still can't get it right and worse, doesn't have the skills to make sure that an eCoupon given to us for deflated service, is a FORM OF PAYMENT, not something they get to deduct from our AQD.

And yes, as a FT friend just reminded me "don’t confuse malicious intent with incompetence". Indeed.

Rant over. May soon feel zen.
DNAwizard likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I certainly understand that AC and all airlines are shouting form the hilltops "Show me the %&!?&$ Money", but IMHO, AC was neither ready to launch this, still can't get it right and worse, doesn't have the skills to make sure that an eCoupon given to us for deflated service, is a FORM OF PAYMENT, not something they get to deduct from our AQD.

And yes, as a FT friend just reminded me "don’t confuse malicious intent with incompetence". Indeed.
I suspect it's more like somewhere in between. Notv worth the cost/effort to deal with these "special" cases properly, cheaper to deal with complaints as they come. And if people don't complain, all the better.Kind of like with the deflating J seats.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Does anyone getting <SE have trouble getting AQD given their miles or segments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.