Search
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Print Wikipost

AQD not posting

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
There was a sweep in the past few hours, as a client is now eligible for SE100K selections, however...my AQD has not posted for flights 28DEC/30DEC even thought my AQM has.
Another AQD datapoint as I await the appearance of the 'red button'.

Over the weekend my missing AQD appeared for flight taken 30DEC, however, the first flight of the itinerary 28DEC is still missing AQD. Grrrr.

I sense there is a bunch of AC Accounting cubicles in Winnipeg with bean counters using abacuses.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
My theory on the luggage tags is that they only processed/printed those who made early qualification - probably in late November. They're likely printing tags and assembling packages for those of us who were late qualifiers now.

Too bad as I leave for a 3 week odyssey this weekend and would have loved to have those tags - but only because I'm a pathetic braggart whose identity is wrapped up in the colour of my tags. I want all the non-SEs to know that I'm clearly superior to them in every measurable way.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Another AQD datapoint as I await the appearance of the 'red button'.

Over the weekend my missing AQD appeared for flight taken 30DEC, however, the first flight of the itinerary 28DEC is still missing AQD. Grrrr.

I sense there is a bunch of AC Accounting cubicles in Winnipeg with bean counters using abacuses.
I think you are correct, as I posted above [233]

Originally Posted by flyquiet
The AQD is powered by an abacus that is glued to the back of a large tortoise, and when the tortoise has to go to the vet, the numbers go to zero. It is not AC's fault that the tortoise ate a piece of Lego at precisely the time of year people are trying to decide if they need an AQD run.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC 75k
First time qualifying for SE here but judging from what I'm reading nobody really knows when it will actually kick in? I had a few flights late in December that put me over the AQD and they all posted on the 4th. But still waiting for my status to roll up to the next tier. Was really hoping to use some eupgrade for a flight to Cairo on Friday...
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by gruber_d
First time qualifying for SE here but judging from what I'm reading nobody really knows when it will actually kick in? I had a few flights late in December that put me over the AQD and they all posted on the 4th. But still waiting for my status to roll up to the next tier. Was really hoping to use some eupgrade for a flight to Cairo on Friday...
@gruber_d
Welcome to FT and congrats!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like AQDs for Dec. 31 posted today. Not that I needed them, just a data point.
Meanwhile, my wife, whose last flight was around Dec. 9, has not been swiped yet.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
Looks like AQDs for Dec. 31 posted today. Not that I needed them, just a data point.
Meanwhile, my wife, whose last flight was around Dec. 9, has not been swiped yet.
My Jan 2 AQD posted either yesterday or today, for the record.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:53 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Stranger
Are you hoping that some ruffian is going to make off with her so that you can start fresh with a new wife?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Are you hoping that some ruffian is going to make off with her so that you can start fresh with a new wife?
I'm sure @InTheAirGuy can take care of that.
flyquiet, canadiancow and jc94 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I think you are correct, as I posted above [233]
I apologize. I used your abacus reference without noticing.

I think the person in charge of 28DEC AQD is celebrating Orthodox Christmas perhaps and not returning until next week...still nothing.

The big red button still eludes me.

In other news, the newish AV BOG Domestic Lounge was actually enjoyable and the got rid of the white and red in favour of similar dark grey, black and brown. More importantly, actual good was served on the Diamond side.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
I'm going to hit 10 legit segments by next week which suggests I am well on my way to SE.

I'm having trouble finding an answer to my AQD question - if I end up in a Standard fare (thanks Concur), will my AQD be dinged in the same way AQM is? I tried to check my previous AQD postings, but the Altitude site is returning a blank .CSV file and errors when I try to search.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by meagicano
.....I tried to check my previous AQD postings, but the Altitude site is returning a blank .CSV file and errors when I try to search.
Yes, I get that sometimes. I refresh the page and then reload the transactions and then the data appears in the .csv file. I have no idea why, but I've had to do this multiple times, so YMMV
meagicano likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:29 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I'm having trouble finding an answer to my AQD question - if I end up in a Standard fare (thanks Concur), will my AQD be dinged in the same way AQM is?
No, AQD is AQD. There's no discount for Standard and no premium for Latitude/PY/J. So if your base fare + carrier surcharges = $X, you will get $X as AQD, regardless of which fare class/family.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No, AQD is AQD. There's no discount for Standard and no premium for Latitude/PY/J. So if your base fare + carrier surcharges = $X, you will get $X as AQD, regardless of which fare class/family.
Thanks - that's what I thought, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything in the fine print. Last year I could have hit the segments, but not the AQD so I didn't push past the 75K. This year I may be able to hit both...
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Thanks - that's what I thought, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything in the fine print. Last year I could have hit the segments, but not the AQD so I didn't push past the 75K. This year I may be able to hit both...
Here's hoping you make it. Those red tags are hideous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.