Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada treats Star Alliance Gold Member unfairly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada treats Star Alliance Gold Member unfairly

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Paranoid person? Expensive bling, flashing money is one thing, but having a airline tag on your bag is way over the top. If you think by chance, someone from Caracas is on your Regina flight is "risky", believe me, some of the locals will get you well before a possible connecting pax from Caracas. BTW, is there even a *A Gold Tag?
Perhaps TPF was inferring the risk is while in these airports rather than meeting someone from these airports while travelling domestically.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I do not travel with my *A Gold tag for security reasons. I do not wish to draw attention to myself. That also extends to clothing, and e gadgets.
You will find that valuable personnel when traveling to risky destinations are told by their internal security departments/outside consultants to remove tags, expensive bling, watches etc. as well. No expensive flashy clothes, shoes, hand bags or luggage either.
Appreciably travel to Regina or Kamloops isn't high risk. However, AC provides flights for connections to places like Caracas, Lagos, J'burg, Phnom Penh etc.
Better get doubly prepared for those Rouge flights to Beirut.

jesus christ.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Although the point brought up by ツランスパシヒクフラヤ is still valid, but just a bit exaggerated.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by keitherson
Better get doubly prepared for those Rouge flights to Beirut.

jesus christ.
Because 12 hours on Rouge and you'll be looking for religion.........
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by The smallest state
Because 12 hours on Rouge and you'll be looking for religion.........
Nice one.^^^
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
[QUOTE=s0ssos;28502247]You will find many people here who say they have consistently good service, but they almost grovel./QUOTE]Wow, I did not know that about myself. Thanks for pointing it out (without ever having met me). You are truly amazing.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Originally Posted by s0ssos
You will find many people here who say they have consistently good service, but they almost grovel.
Wow, I did not know that about myself. Thanks for pointing it out (without ever having met me). You are truly amazing.
It's the statement that you've never had a single interaction.....like EVER, with an AC employee that was rude, surly, attitudinal, impolite or abrupt. Ever. Then you elude that we the passengers have to be bringing it on to ourselves in how we initially address said AC employee.

It is just not the AC that most of us see. I don't want to say they are all bad, some are great. But they are out there, a lot of them.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
....It is just not the AC that most of us see. I don't want to say they are all bad, some are great. But they are out there, a lot of them.

They are also at AA, UA, LH......
They are at Loblaws, Metro and Costco
They are definitely at the various levels of government offices and the post office
They are at restaurants

Cranky, rude service people are everywhere. They are even employees in hospitals where one would expect they are there to help.

Sometimes we the customers need to be able to modify how we handle these people. I find being charming can help sometimes, being funny and smiling makes a difference ALL the time.

I found that I was facing some crew on some very long-haul routes that were just moody and cranky many of the times I flew that flight/route.

I made changes to my flying pattern and it's been fantastic.

I realize few people out there can do that, but nothing is impossible.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by 24left
They are also at AA, UA, LH......
They are at Loblaws, Metro and Costco
They are definitely at the various levels of government offices and the post office
They are at restaurants

Cranky, rude service people are everywhere. They are even employees in hospitals where one would expect they are there to help.

Sometimes we the customers need to be able to modify how we handle these people. I find being charming can help sometimes, being funny and smiling makes a difference ALL the time.

I found that I was facing some crew on some very long-haul routes that were just moody and cranky many of the times I flew that flight/route.

I made changes to my flying pattern and it's been fantastic.

I realize few people out there can do that, but nothing is impossible.

Agree with you 100%. Air Canada seems to have more, that's all, I actually think when you mentioned the Post Office you've hit the nail on the head. The 'us-vs-them' mentality of an adversarial union/management atmosphere certainly spills over into customer service.

Air Canada just has more. More than other airlines.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
It's the statement that you've never had a single interaction.....like EVER, with an AC employee that was rude, surly, attitudinal, impolite or abrupt. Ever. Then you elude that we the passengers have to be bringing it on to ourselves in how we initially address said AC employee.

It is just not the AC that most of us see. I don't want to say they are all bad, some are great. But they are out there, a lot of them.
I don't believe that mis-quoting someone truly adds credibility to your position. In fact, what I said is that I am always treated with respect. I did admit that there was one incident, about 10 years ago, where I believed I encountered an AC employee who, in my opinion, was less than polite. Look it is what it is. There is no point bashing me for my experience. I have never interacted with a group, be it my customers, my suppliers, workers in the service industry, or my employees, where I can say that 25% of those in that group treat me with a lack of respect. I am not alluding to anything. It is just a fact. Folks from AC read this forum. I hope they read it and find ways to learn from it. The constant generalizing and slamming of different departments is demoralizing and produces nothing good for anyone. In fact, it is, in itself, disrespectful.

I totally get that this is a forum where folks can vent, engage in recreational .....ing, share good experiences and get help with experiences that aren't so good. I am okay with filtering out the non-productive stuff. Don't misquote me, and don't think, for a minute, that I am not being completely honest. I don't know why 25% of the AC folks you encounter are disrespectful, they absolutely aren't in my experience.

Last edited by YEG_SE4Life; Jun 30, 2017 at 10:04 am
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:01 am

I'm talking about rudeness and you are talking about respect. Two similar but different things.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:05 am

I'm talking about rudeness and you are talking about respect. Two similar but different things.
I would say that they are opposite.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I would say that they are opposite.
They are easily confused. You can interact with someone and feel they are rude and/or disrespectful.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by smallmj
Nice one.^^^
Maybe he avoids wearing religious symbols like Star Alliance Gold bag tags?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
Maybe he avoids wearing religious symbols like Star Alliance Gold bag tags?
I saw one bag about 4 months ago that had an old Canadian Airlines tag. That's old school!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.