Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Another CBC article : granddaughter forced to sit in her own pee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another CBC article : granddaughter forced to sit in her own pee

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Here is the quote, sorry its been a few years... It refers to upgrading elites before the flight as a way of cheapening the J product
Clearly, AC believes their J cabin is as valued as CX or SQ J
There was another quote somewhere when it was said that AC is not in business of competing against UA/AA and the likes, but rather sees itself more of a NZ or SQ (not exact quote, put away your pitchfork)

Look, I won’t deny the discrete cost of moving somebody from Y to an empty J seat at boarding 45 mins before departure isn’t huge, but it does two things:
1) It cheapens the J product – I will again reference our European and Asian competitors who have very tight access policies to their premium cabins, and point out how highly valued they are, especially compared to our American competition
What part of that strikes an emotional response in you?

This is why a lot of people who are good at their jobs don't interact with customers. Customers are stupid and emotional. They ask for blunt statements, then cry when they get exactly what they asked for.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by The smallest state
Well, the seats are better on AC, the pitch is better and the space is better. True most intra-European business I have flown is simply the 3 economy seats with the middle seat blocked off.

But the service you get on board is better in Europe than AC. I flew Finnair from LHR-HEL and they were all over me with lunch, wine, drinks.

Air Canada doesn't have to compete with Air Berlin, Norweigian and Ryan Air either.
Agreed the meals are better Intra Europe, but given choice between better sear or food/wine, I will take the better seat.

Intra-Asia in J is much better, even if you are stuck on a regional J class flight.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

There has been enough thread drift to warrant extensive edits or deletions but will instead ask that we get back to the thread topic and not much broader AC topics or it'll be time for some thread closure.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I would like to know what exactly was the FA serving on a domestic flight mid-flight? Hell, you ll be lucky if the FA is even around.....

Its domestic AC .... like chill... its not even a real airline/business class.
I'll be the first to agree that it's not a great airline, but for as long as it still offers a business class, why drain the last bits of exclusivity from it by allowing free passage of Y passengers to the J lav? Maybe Y passengers should be allowed to intercept the snack basket too--they don't get "free" food and it's just a bag of chips or a kitkat, for heck's sake! Eating, like eliminating, is a basic human activity, after all.

Also, when I've asked "customer service" in the past about the lav policy, I've been told that Y passengers should, as much as possible, use the designated lav. I've also been told that FAs should be enforcing that policy.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
This thread really has got out of hand . . .

Can I please respectfully suggest that it's time for this thread and it's many irrelevancies to be closed - but before it is, can we please have the link to the child's picture in the OP removed to protect her future privacy. Thank you!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does AC have a policy of normally only allowing J passengers to use the front washroom, or not?

It seems to me that if they do, apologizing in a case where an employee merely enforced the policy is not a good thing to do?

If they do not, then I suppose the policy ought to be clarified.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
Does AC have a policy of normally only allowing J passengers to use the front washroom, or not?

It seems to me that if they do, apologizing in a case where an employee merely enforced the policy is not a good thing to do?

My suspicion is the policy is "J only, but use discretion".

So if the cart's in the way and someone has to go, you let them.

But if the same person repeatedly comes up, you tell them to stay in their cabin.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Someone already brought this up earlier with info from AC's website.

AC is listing a dedicated lav as part of what you receive for being in Business Class.
I've heard the announcement once or twice onboard. It is not consistently announced.

So, rinse, repeat.

North America and Caribbean Business Class

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ess-class.html

and

International Business Class

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ess-class.html

(highlighted in blue)

Attached Images   
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: air miles
Originally Posted by canadiancow

But if the same person repeatedly comes up, you tell them to stay in their cabin.
Bingo! This is the crux of the issue, full stop. Forget the misinformed travel agent, forget the ridiculously unprepared grandmother who apparently is incapable of asking the FA to roll their cart back so the little one can avoid soiling herself, forget the FA who may or may not have lost the ability to use discretion after apparently speaking to said grandmother multiple times on above said issue. You used the lavatory once, you were told you could not use it, from then on the onus is on grandmother to follow the FA's direction.

Is there not a federal law stating that passengers are to obey direction from airline staff? Yes, yes, yes within reason FA cannot say I am an airline employee you must follow my direction, now have sex with me. However is it not reasonable for the FA to enforce cabin classes?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Well, yes. Precisely what I would expect. But then in that case I would have expected them to stand behind their employee rather than apologizing.

Very bad to seemingly blame an employee who is actually doing everything right.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:06 am

Well, yes. Precisely what I would expect. But then in that case I would have expected them to stand behind their employee rather than apologizing.

Very bad to seemingly blame an employee who is actually doing everything right.
Ah, and here is a problem in our society.

Apologies are often interpreted an admission of wrongdoing.

"I'm sorry you were in a car accident" means "I feel bad for you".
but
"I'm sorry you peed your pants" means "It was our fault" ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.