Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Mystery - The Case of the Missing Kit Kats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Mystery - The Case of the Missing Kit Kats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Whenever I bring KK home from Japan, they disappear before I get any. (Daughter blames mice or burglars.)
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Whenever I bring KK home from Japan, they disappear before I get any. (Daughter blames mice or burglars.)
Did the mice and burglars also eat the boxes the Japanese Kit Kats come in, or just the contents?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:56 am

I often find bags and boxes that are empty, with bag clips positioned to make it appear to have contents. Or empty wrappers under mattresses. They are very ingenious rodents and felons.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I often find bags and boxes that are empty, with bag clips positioned to make it appear to have contents. Or empty wrappers under mattresses. They are very ingenious rodents and felons.
I have a weakness for the Marks and Spencer mint truffle bars from the UK, and they tended to disappear much like that. My solution was to put them in my safe that has a fingerprint type access pad, so the "mice" couldn't get to them.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:29 am

I have dark chocolate mint, raspberry Cheesecake and tiramisu kit kat's in my fridge. Saving them for 24Left's visit.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:45 am

You have all missed the point. AC is trying to keep you all healthy and well so that you can fly for a long long time. Hence, no Kit Kats as these are not good for your health. Instead of thanking AC you folks are being critical of their good intentions. Shame on you
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I have dark chocolate mint, raspberry Cheesecake and tiramisu kit kat's in my fridge. Saving them for 24Left's visit.

Awesome !!!!! And wow!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:26 am

BTW, I think this should remain as a permanent Kit Kat thread.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
I'm still hoarding that second pack of KKs I picked up on my Saturday night flight.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by Jagboi
I have a weakness for the Marks and Spencer mint truffle bars from the UK, and they tended to disappear much like that. My solution was to put them in my safe that has a fingerprint type access pad, so the "mice" couldn't get to them.
in my household the Mozartkugeln balls from Austria/Germany disappears fast. i have taken to hiding my personal stash.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Data point from today's 8:30am YYZ-YVR: Tons of snacks available and replenished throughout the flight...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
You have a pet Peever? Wow. Must be expensive, not to mention high-maintenance - I hear those like to jet off to India in J a lot.
Oops. I actually meant to conclude that post with "p.s. the typo was intentional".

But yes, every time I see the pet peeves thread, I read "peevers".
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:05 pm

Maybe next tpac, I will shop gift* some wacky kitkat flavours and spice up the gift basket.

* shop gifting is the opposite of shop lifting. It is when you bring something in, and leave it on the display rack without renumeration of any kind. Often used for practical jokes.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:30 pm

AC739 YYZ-SFO April 3rd...

If it wasn't for a few people sleeping I am sure I would not have scored the last Kit Kit from 4D.

Enjoyed it more than the dinner. Considered keeping as a "collectable" but succumbed and ate it quickly in case any in fight mice appeared.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Remind me not to come to your house

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.