Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Mystery - The Case of the Missing Kit Kats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Mystery - The Case of the Missing Kit Kats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:22 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Is it safe for cows to eat stale cardboard? Couldn't it damage one of their many stomachs?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I, for one, am putting my money where my mouth is though...This may be my last year as SE. Or I may requalify this year but plan to burn all my miles in 2018...I'm fed up with the crap from AC. The uncompetitive J pricing, the abominable IT, all of it.
Good for you for following through if dissatisfied. I'm being genuine here. I left the Aeroplan-crediting ranks almost three years ago following some changes to the program that I found unacceptable. I do, from time to time, fly on AC metal, but often due to lack of options, or as part of a competitor's itinerary.

May your decision result in less grief and more reward elsewhere. As long as that 'elsewhere' offers red foil wrapped chocolate dipped wafer bars.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
This may be my last year as SE. Or I may requalify this year but plan to burn all my miles in 2018.

I'm fed up with the crap from AC. The uncompetitive J pricing, the abominable IT, all of it.
UA is actually a decent option to consider out of YYC. Reasonable P fares to most places, and I get more upgrades as a 1K on UA than I got as a SE on AC. Their IT is generally quite good, and their onboard product and lounges have been steadily improving. I switched part-way through last year and ended up with E35K on AC and 1K on UA and am happy with the change.

That being said, their snack baskets don't have Kit Kats, though
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by gcashin
UA is actually a decent option to consider out of YYC. Reasonable P fares to most places, and I get more upgrades as a 1K on UA than I got as a SE on AC. Their IT is generally quite good, and their onboard product and lounges have been steadily improving. I switched part-way through last year and ended up with E35K on AC and 1K on UA and am happy with the change.

That being said, their snack baskets don't have Kit Kats, though
It's ok UA doesn't have Kit Kats. U.S. made Kit Kats suck.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Agreed, on the A340 (wasn't SE at the time, just E) I often missed out on the spaghetti bolognese.
Spag bol sounds like a bad idea in turbulence - it is messy enough on the ground! On the UA flights to China, congee - Chinese version of oatmeal is as simple as it gets - is often taken by GS passengers by the time they come around to offer water or orange juice on the ground. They never load enough!

I'm all for simple - done well. It is the 'done well' part that is hard on a plane, but it is NOT impossible and it NOT (necessarily) expensive.

Dr. PITUK.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
You people are a TERRIBLE influence. I went out and bought a Kit Kat this evening.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by painintheuk
......I'm all for simple - done well. It is the 'done well' part that is hard on a plane, but it is NOT impossible and it NOT (necessarily) expensive.

Dr. PITUK.

Step 1: Load enough snacks for the J cabin.

Step 2: Load enough Kit Kats and 6 is not enough for 40 J.

10 bags of Miss Vickies and grapes in a paper cup do not count as alternative.

Step 3: Stop using J snacks to "thank" jet bridge people

Step 4: Stop letting cabin crew hide snack supply and pretend there isn't any.

Step 5: See Step 1.

Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you're going to poke fun at me, at least get it right.

It's Coke Zero. Not Diet Coke.

Also, spiced rum is generally not offered for free in J, unless you have an SD who doesn't know the rules, doesn't care about the rules, or feels bad. And they'd have to be confident I'm not going to go write about it on FT the next day
Is there an actual AC rule which requires charging for spiced rum in J? Is it ever loaded? Perhaps you could bring your own spice packets. I remember living in Germany (MANY) years ago and Gluehwein packets just needed to be added to cheap wine for a delicious warming beverage.

Dr. PITUK
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Is there an actual AC rule which requires charging for spiced rum in J? Is it ever loaded? Perhaps you could bring your own spice packets. I remember living in Germany (MANY) years ago and Gluehwein packets just needed to be added to cheap wine for a delicious warming beverage.

Dr. PITUK
The J trolley only has Bacardi white.

Captain Morgan never flies up front. He must not be deadheading for mainline.

It's not a huge deal, but this is my biggest REGULAR pet peever with AC.

I've chatted with enough people up on high that I know something's going to change, but I've heard various explanations about why things are the way they are, and proposals about how to change it, and I'm just not entirely convinced.

I'm in J. I wanted $23 of rum instead of $22 of rum. Just make it happen.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by flyquiet
You people are a TERRIBLE influence. I went out and bought a Kit Kat this evening.
Was it regular or dark? There was a show on the BBC a while ago called "Inside the Factory" where they visited the KitKat factory. Fascinating stuff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05tynw0
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
I just purchased a box of KK Minis in DXB - Regular/Hazelnut/Mocha/Cookies N Cream/Caramel. Imagine having that assortment on board -- we'd have to pass them out according to status (EEK).

On a side note: operated an EMB cycle and there were enough of each item for every Man, Woman and Child on board for both directions.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
When I saw the date of this thread I thought the obvious. Silly me.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:13 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
Step 3: Stop using J snacks to "thank" jet bridge people
This is the most ridiculous part. Tipping culture has gotten way out of hand if the jetbridge operator now expects one.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Captain Morgan never flies up front. He must not be deadheading for mainline.

It's not a huge deal, but this is my biggest REGULAR pet peever with AC.
You have a pet Peever? Wow. Must be expensive, not to mention high-maintenance - I hear those like to jet off to India in J a lot.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Jagboi
Was it regular or dark? There was a show on the BBC a while ago called "Inside the Factory" where they visited the KitKat factory. Fascinating stuff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05tynw0
I've tried the dark but I kind of prefer the ordinary kind.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I've tried the dark but I kind of prefer the ordinary kind.
Given a full choice, I'd go with the Orange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.