Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Mystery - The Case of the Missing Kit Kats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Mystery - The Case of the Missing Kit Kats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:20 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by yyznomad
You got your Instant KK!
I always wondered what that meant ...
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
It's only a matter of time....

After Trader Joes, you'd be the next raison d'être.

(It's almost always 737/738)
Were you on 737 yesterday? There were plenty of Kit Kats
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: AC.SE
AC137 a week ago--no kitkats (didn't ask why). Also didn't get asked early for my meal order, though orders were taken by status.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: AC SE
My trick: I travel in PY and buy/expense my favorite snacks in the terminal before boarding. No shortage and I always get what I want!

(Of course I am not saying this because I am jealous of the lie-flat crowd around these parts)
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ylwae
AC137 a week ago--no kitkats (didn't ask why). Also didn't get asked early for my meal order, though orders were taken by status.
Universal order has been restored then.

Consistent inconsistency is the hallmark of the AC soft product.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by canadiancow
if you're going to poke fun at me, at least get it right.

it's coke zero. Not diet coke.

also, spiced rum is generally not offered for free in j, unless you have an sd who doesn't know the rules, doesn't care about the rules, or feels bad. And they'd have to be confident i'm not going to go write about it on ft the next day
💯💯💯💯💯💯
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Universal order has been restored then.

Consistent inconsistency is the hallmark of the AC soft product.
Yes. Unless AC staff verbally abuse me, I've stopped wondering why certain things happen.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Or some pax taking 2 or 3 at a time. One HKG flight last year, the pax before me took the last four kit kat bars. I gave him a look and he gave me 1. Funny, how some complained when Kit Kats were introduced, now they are the hot item.
Mass market stuff appeals to the mass market. It's the same reason why I've been suggesting AC change the J food offering to include some basic items, and not try to be fancy.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Mass market stuff appeals to the mass market. It's the same reason why I've been suggesting AC change the J food offering to include some basic items, and not try to be fancy.
I agree. Going back to the 747/A340 days, YVR-HKG flight used to serve spaghetti bolognese. It was a lot of pax first choice.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I agree. Going back to the 747/A340 days, YVR-HKG flight used to serve spaghetti bolognese. It was a lot of pax first choice.
Agreed, on the A340 (wasn't SE at the time, just E) I often missed out on the spaghetti bolognese.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by 24left
I've noticed an increase in a shortage
Is this even possible?

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Piss me off, and I'll stop flying your airline for 6 months.

I've done it twice.

Wait, I spent $20k, and that was with a half-year hiatus?

I wonder how many of me there are. Wouldn't take too many to hire someone intelligent to deal with us.
Why hire someone intelligent to do any 'dealing with' at all, following a self-imposed half-year hiatus out of protest that still yields them $20K? Why in heaven's name would they change? AC execs ain't no dummies...their customers can't help but open their wallets and fly with them, no matter what happens.

I get the sense so many FTers post a storm of complaints online, and then switch tabs and book another flight.

Last edited by CZAMFlyer; Apr 3, 2017 at 9:01 pm
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Is this even possible?

Why hire someone intelligent to do any 'dealing with' at all? You self-impose a half-year hiatus out of protest yet still spend far more than required to maintain your top tier status. Why in heaven's name would they change? AC execs ain't no dummies...their customers can't help but open their wallets and fly with them, no matter what happens.

I get the sense so many FTers post a storm of complaints online, and then switch tabs and book another flight.
I am guilty of that at times. I complain about how the AC IT doesn't work correctly for AC / AI flights YVR or YYZ - DEL - somewhere and I still try to book on AC over and over.

I prefer the time (shorter time to get there because it's direct) and that AC in J is 4 across instead of LH on the 747 upper deck (only place I go) is 2x2. But just because I keep trying to get what I want to book doesn't mean that it always works out. Most the time AC's IT fails and I have to go with full EK or LH or something like that.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is this even possible?

Why hire someone intelligent to do any 'dealing with' at all? You self-impose a half-year hiatus out of protest yet still spend far more than required to maintain your top tier status. Why in heaven's name would they change? AC execs ain't no dummies...their customers can't help but open their wallets and fly with them, no matter what happens.

My point was more that if they hadn't pissed me off so much, I would have continued flying, likely at the same rate.

Instead, I booked a bunch of UA and AA.

I even remember one time I was sitting in an MLL, and needed to book a YYZ-SFO a week or two out. It was after a particularly bad encounter with an employee. UA got my paid J.

And even if that's only one flight, it's still money AC would have had otherwise.

Just because I spend a lot of money on AC doesn't mean I wouldn't spend more if they were better.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:41 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I'm sure we're all guilty of that at times.

I, for one, am putting my money where my mouth is though.

A recent example: the wife and I wanted to do a short trip to NYC this summer. Here are the prices, roughly:
  • AC Flex: $1000/pax round trip
  • AC Latitude: $1700
  • AC J: $2500
  • DL J: $1500

As an SE, I would have a very high probability of upgrading the Flex tickets and close to 100% certainty of being in J on Latitude. But why would I screw around with AC when I could just buy DL for less than Latitude?

Heck, even if the pricing were similar, I might pay a small premium to fly DL. They have snack baskets with stuff that doesn't suck (and that isn't the same for year after frigging year), the J cabins are new even on old planes and THE IT WORKS! IT'S GREAT, IN FACT!

This may be my last year as SE. Or I may requalify this year but plan to burn all my miles in 2018.

I'm fed up with the crap from AC. The uncompetitive J pricing, the abominable IT, all of it.

The snack baskets are actually a great illustration of the complacency of AC management: a nice idea when they first brought it out years ago, but zero effort to improve the product ever since - hence those same shtty Miss Vickie's chips since day 1 - and they have been vastly surpassed by their competition.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Those chips are my favorite item in the basket. I always grab a bag.

Leave them alone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.