Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2010 - 2013 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices discount codes may only be freely shared or discussed and not solicited in any form. This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to share or discuss published Air Canada discount codes

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I ended up booking 3 J round-trips to YYZ yesterday with this. I didn't realize how cheap the fares were now. With the 15% off, it was roughly in line with the UA mistake fare last year.

Thanks Raptors!
Do we earn AQD on the discounted base fares/YQ using these codes or other promo codes (e.g. i got 20% promo code for flying rouge due to 737MAX issue)? They are not promotional tickets are they?

"Specialty tickets, including but not limited to, promotional tickets and Flight Passes, opaque fares, group, consolidated or bulk fares that are not eligible for the accumulation..."
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by supatight80
Do we earn AQD on the discounted base fares/YQ using these codes or other promo codes (e.g. i got 20% promo code for flying rouge due to 737MAX issue)? They are not promotional tickets are they?

"Specialty tickets, including but not limited to, promotional tickets and Flight Passes, opaque fares, group, consolidated or bulk fares that are not eligible for the accumulation..."
Yes, you earn AQD on the fare you paid. So if you use 15% off a $1000 base fare, you earn 850 AQD.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by tracon
Raptors code still works today.
Looks like it's finally dead, despite the page still being up. Shame since there didn't seem to be any other working codes at the moment.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Hormesis
Looks like it's finally dead, despite the page still being up. Shame since there didn't seem to be any other working codes at the moment.

Has anyone seen any codes lately either through AC or AMEX? Need to book two P tickets to PVR so would make a decent difference.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Has anyone seen any codes lately either through AC or AMEX? Need to book two P tickets to PVR so would make a decent difference.
Nope. But its been 3 months and the current AC 'sale' is almost over so likely to happen soon. Maybe late Aug or early Sept. Just my guess and I have no inside info.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:04 pm

Has anyone used the friends and family codes (10% off NA, 15% of intl) and can confirm that they earn full AQM/AQD (or at least 90/85% AQD).

Terms say they earn Aeroplan miles, so I assume so, but better to be safe.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Has anyone used the friends and family codes (10% off NA, 15% of intl) and can confirm that they earn full AQM/AQD (or at least 90/85% AQD).

Terms say they earn Aeroplan miles, so I assume so, but better to be safe.
Are you talking about "AC GO" discount codes? If so, then yes, full AQM/AQD. Used one in August from my pilot friend.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:02 pm
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
I just got a 15% off one via amex platinum the other day.
canadianhockey91 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by douglasr
Are you talking about "AC GO" discount codes? If so, then yes, full AQM/AQD. Used one in August from my pilot friend.
Yes exactly. Thanks.

I assumed so given the Aeroplan accumulation in the terms, but another friend of mine said they do NOT earn anything, though he may have been talking about a high-value one (20%) not really meant for friends.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
another friend of mine said they do NOT earn anything, though he may have been talking about a high-value one (20%) not really meant for friends.
I hope they do accumulate AQ*... I got two for cancelled flights, it's not really fair to no accumulate AQM/S/D if I use them.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
I hope they do accumulate AQ*... I got two for cancelled flights, it's not really fair to no accumulate AQM/S/D if I use them.
Cow is talking about a different kind of promo code. The ones you got for IRROPS will earn AQ*.
canadiancow and theBeachBoy like this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Have a promo code to give out, first one messages me gets it. Will update this post once it's gone.

UPDATE: GONE

Here's the details:

Book on aircanada.com between September 12 to September 27, 2019 to receive 15% off eligible Air Canada base fares. To redeem this offer, enter your personal promotion code XXXXX when selecting your flight details and use your American Express® Card at checkout.

Choose travel dates between September 12 and December 18, 2019 or between January 8 and April 8, 2020, and enter your promo code on this page
Select an eligible fare to receive 15% off Standard, Flex, Comfort, Latitude, Premium Economy, Premium Rouge, Business Class and Signature Class

Last edited by secretalcoholic; Sep 20, 2019 at 5:00 am
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
@canadiancow was looking for codes
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
@canadiancow was looking for codes
Not even joking, I debated replying "why couldn't you have offered this 6 days ago ", but I don't want to appear ungrateful.

I was looking for codes. And then I booked a ton of PNRs.

So while I appreciate the mention, I don't think I need it. I might have one more booking coming up, but I don't want to grab a code I don't know if I can use.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Have a promo code to give out, first one messages me gets it. Will update this post once it's gone.

Here's the details:

Book on aircanada.com between September 12 to September 27, 2019 to receive 15% off eligible Air Canada base fares. To redeem this offer, enter your personal promotion code XXXXX when selecting your flight details and use your American Express® Card at checkout.

Choose travel dates between September 12 and December 18, 2019 or between January 8 and April 8, 2020, and enter your promo code on this page
Select an eligible fare to receive 15% off Standard, Flex, Comfort, Latitude, Premium Economy, Premium Rouge, Business Class and Signature Class
I have the same code from AMEX. Though if my understanding is correct, you have to use your own AMEX card at checkout?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.