Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2010 - 2013 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices discount codes may only be freely shared or discussed and not solicited in any form. This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to share or discuss published Air Canada discount codes

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC E75K (*G) | Mariott Platinum | Hilton Gold | Nexus
Originally Posted by taupo
Is a 15% off promo code the norm for inop IFE?
The code is good for up to 4 pax on one PNR
If I make a booking, want to cancel and rebook something else, is the code returned to me?
My mum and I both got 15% off codes when her ife broke in J YYZ-SFO since the SD was nice and gave us both the small cards where you have to fill out the form online. From AKL-YVR in J I had my ife break mid flight and the FA said she’d get me what she said was the better compensation and she had me fill out a full page form with my info on the flight and 10 days later I got a $150 eCoupon emailed to me. Those have been the only two times I’ve had a broken ife so I guess it might be flight length and potentially crew dependent but I think I’ve read about more instances of 15% coupons on FT than anything else so that may be more typical.
taupo likes this.

Last edited by neilk99; Mar 27, 2024 at 10:50 pm
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:30 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by neilk99
My mum and I both got 15% off codes when her ife broke in J YYZ-SFO since the SD was nice and gave us both the small cards where you have to fill out the form online. From AKL-YVR in J I had my ife break mid flight and the FA said she’d get me what she said was the better compensation and she had me fill out a full page form with my info on the flight and 10 days later I got a $150 eCoupon emailed to me. Those have been the only two times I’ve had a broken ife so I guess it might be flight length and potentially crew dependent but I think I’ve read about more instances of 15% coupons on FT than anything else so that may be more typical.
I've had both eCoupon / Aeroplan miles and discount codes for busted IFEs. Most of my trips tend to be widebody J flights, so I don't know how that influences what they offer.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just received a new discount code, and I don't recall ever seeing a discussion about these terms:

For North America bookings

• Valid on new bookings for the following destinations: Canada and United States of America.
  • Offer: One-time discount of up to 15% off on all cabin classes per direction on undiscounted Air Canada-published base fares only, which form part of the applicable air transportation charges, when booking on aircanada.com

For bookings outside of North America

• Valid on new bookings for the following destinations: all destinations except Canada and the United States of America.
  • Offer: One-time discount of the greater value of:
    1. 15% off on all cabin classes; or
    2. Up to CAD$50 off all Economy and Premium Economy class per passenger; or
    3. Up to CAD$150 off all Business and Signature class per passenger
Within North America, it's definitely giving 15% off the base fare.
Intercontinental, it's giving 15% off an expensive J ticket, and it seems to be $50 off each direction in cheap Y, which is substantially more than 15%. Without the code, the base fare was $370, and with it, $270.

So if these terms are new and consistently applied, they make no difference to me, but it makes the codes actually useful for people buying cheap base fares.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just received a new discount code, and I don't recall ever seeing a discussion about these terms:

Within North America, it's definitely giving 15% off the base fare.
Intercontinental, it's giving 15% off an expensive J ticket, and it seems to be $50 off each direction in cheap Y, which is substantially more than 15%. Without the code, the base fare was $370, and with it, $270.

So if these terms are new and consistently applied, they make no difference to me, but it makes the codes actually useful for people buying cheap base fares.
Just got the same thing, well it was a 20% promo code so it was guaranteed $75/$225 off.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:59 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Just got the same thing, well it was a 20% promo code so it was guaranteed $75/$225 off.
Credit Card Email or Email directly from AC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.