Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2010 - 2013 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices discount codes may only be freely shared or discussed and not solicited in any form. This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to share or discuss published Air Canada discount codes

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:54 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Sadly, the suspicious uptick in fares just before the 'discount' offer applies for several of the fares I am tracking.

But there may be some deals out there ...
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Mr. FQ just tried to use the code on a one-way to MCO on Dec 15 and it rejected the code. It is outside the blackout period.
  • December 20, 2019 – December 23, 2019
Furthermore, when I click the promotion on the website now, I cannot get to the part I saw before that had the blackout dates.
It looks like a lot of funny business.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC50K 1 MM, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz 5*, NEXUS, BW Diamond Select, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Benner
The text at the top says that the promo is 20% off Y and 10% off PE and J. The text below says it is 20% off Y and PE and 10% off J. Turns out the bottom one wins. <insert facepalm emoji here>.

FYI.
Well there is still a few hours left before today ends and AC already removed this from their website but the code still works.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyquiet
It looks like a lot of funny business.
Indeed.
Promo code wouldn't work at all on the website for my itinerary but some combinations worked on the app.
Premium economy was getting a "Pricing Error" but business class worked.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I booked HKG in PY for 2.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I booked HKG in PY for 2.
Yeah, I saw that one as well.

Overall it was the best true discount I could find, at least to Asia or South America.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: AC SEMM
20% off sale has now been extended to Nov 1st
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
I got a pretty good deal for the new YUL-GRU. The lowest PY fare also dropped down by more than 100 per way in the course of day.

From Montreal, the other good deal was Vienna. Consistently cheaper than the rest of Europe.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus
From Montreal, the other good deal was [censored]. Consistently cheaper than the rest of Europe.
It won't be for long if you or anyone else keep posting about it.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:55 am
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Originally Posted by YYT82
I doubt it. That route has strong competition from Austrian airlines, who are charging pretty damn low prices via YUL. They're flying a 763 on that route, I think daily? AC has responded by flying a 789 from Toronto. So not too shabby. Prices are quite low throughout December.

AC are also competing against TAP who have been pushing pretty aggressive pricing via LIS to FRA, ZRH, VIE and more. Best way to see that is to country hop to a developing nation via a VPN, and do an open ended search on Google flights - I saw a flight via Toronto and Lisbon to FRA via LIS in December for $2250 on TAP, but only on a VPN. Without a VPN I was seeing 6k+ fares per pax.
And that's limiting my searches to *A.

I was debating the TAP flights - the A330-900neo would have been a very interesting experience - but there was no way to add a stopover properly in LIS at the low fares, which to me is TAPs highest selling point.

I ended up booking 2 pax, Booked in J ...~3350/pax RT from YFC-YYZ-VIE, right on time to get to the 36c3 conference in Leipzig, via Berlin (and to explore Austria for the first time as well). Not too shabby.
E75K, here I come I guess

If enough people feel strongly about it, I'll remove it, but I doubt that AC doesn't know the pricing on their routes when they have strong competition 😛 this isn't a mistake fare

Last edited by ecc; Nov 1, 2019 at 7:04 am
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:01 am

Thanks for sharing. Worked for me this morning!
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by YYT82
Originally Posted by ecc
I doubt it. That route has strong competition from Austrian airlines, who are charging pretty damn low prices via YUL. They're flying a 763 on that route, I think daily? AC has responded by flying a 789 from Toronto. So not too shabby. Prices are quite low throughout December.

AC are also competing against TAP who have been pushing pretty aggressive pricing via LIS to FRA, ZRH, VIE and more. Best way to see that is to country hop to a developing nation via a VPN, and do an open ended search on Google flights - I saw a flight via Toronto and Lisbon to FRA via LIS in December for $2250 on TAP, but only on a VPN. Without a VPN I was seeing 6k+ fares per pax.
And that's limiting my searches to *A.

I was debating the TAP flights - the A330-900neo would have been a very interesting experience - but there was no way to add a stopover properly in LIS at the low fares, which to me is TAPs highest selling point.

I ended up booking 2 pax, Booked in J ...~3350/pax RT from YFC-YYZ-VIE, right on time to get to the 36c3 conference in Leipzig, via Berlin (and to explore Austria for the first time as well). Not too shabby.
E75K, here I come I guess

If enough people feel strongly about it, I'll remove it, but I doubt that AC doesn't know the pricing on their routes when they have strong competition 😛 this isn't a mistake fare
Hahaha
No mistake fares here. Not the deal of of the century either but a good price
Been like this since they launch the flight in May.
There are plenty of deal aggregators, blogs and forums that mention deals all the time.
Sharing is caring
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:22 am

Yeah, I ended up booking a J return to VIE last night after finally reconsidering PY to HKG. Small world.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: air miles
Handed out at Tuesday's Leafs game, 15% off any flight within North America. Code: HQ7MTHK1. Expires Feb 28, 2020 or after 1000 bookings made. Travel must be made by Apr 6.

Just did a dummy booking to verify that the code is still good
Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: AC SEMM
"Promotional Discount code expires at midnight in the time zone of the departure city"
OK - then please explain why I could not book my tickets at 23:20 YVR time for flights from YVR.
Crazy!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.