Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:21 pm
G23

Originally Posted by cur
Because the app says "error! we will look at this soon!" and when I click on the upgrade button on the website nothing happens, 3 different os and multiple other browsers. It's a bug that they haven't realized or cannot fix. This has been well documented on flyertalk. Why would I want to wait on hold

Fortunately the huaca agent knew what was up.
Msg Air Canada about the issue via the in app feedback form so they can look into it.

-Carlos
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by cur
Worst part is that I am a UA 1k but an AC nobody, so it's not like I can use call the elite desk or whatever, get agents that know what they're doing, etc.
Actually that isn't true and hasn't been for a number of years now - calling into the SE or E lines only get you near the front of the queue - you still may get an unexperienced CSR. I would estimate 30-40% of the time I am also forced to HUCA.
lallied and DNAwizard like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:48 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
t+c for the flight pass being discussed in this thread (emphasis added):"Complimentary Flight Pass upgrades are based on Business Class availability and can only be requested and confirmed online between 2 days and 1 hour prior to the original flight departure time and cannot be processed at the airport or through Air Canada Reservations." - Ref: CONFPLT

Originally Posted by 5mm
What's wrong with this? Lat flight pass upgrades are not automatic. You follow normal upgrade rules. Having no AC status, will not put you at the top of list.
omg i never said they were. I said they were complimentary and the app and website are inoperative. i am not the only one in flyertalk having issues with this.

Originally Posted by Stranger
Domestic passes allow for upgrades into J inventory 24 hours (I think) before your flight.

two calendar days before your flight

jeez yall
Santander and canadiancow like this.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
I currently have a flight on Monday from YYC to LAX (via YVR) booked on a Latitude Pass that I've already eUped. I'm going to attempt to get the complimentary upgrade for the first time but since there is only one seat in J left for the YVR-LAX flight I am wondering if it might be better to simply make another reservation (I have lots of pass credits), request the complimentary upgrade and then cancel the original reservation? Or will that then cause me a runaround in terms of getting my eUpgrades credited?
Old May 24, 2019, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The FP system won't allow you to book two FP bookings on the same origin/destination on the same date.

If you're in J, and it's J1, and there's plenty of Y space, I would just cancel it and rebook.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Or just call in and ask an agent to cancel the eUped upgrade and replace it with the complimentary.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by PB53x11
Or just call in and ask an agent to cancel the eUped upgrade and replace it with the complimentary.
If you're going to do that, it is MUCH faster to just ask them to cancel the eUp, and then hang up and do the complimentary yourself.

But if you can cancel an eupgraded FP booking online (and I believe you can), as long as there's ample Y space, that is the fastest option if you don't mind creating a new PNR.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you're going to do that, it is MUCH faster to just ask them to cancel the eUp, and then hang up and do the complimentary yourself.

But if you can cancel an eupgraded FP booking online (and I believe you can), as long as there's ample Y space, that is the fastest option if you don't mind creating a new PNR.
That cancels the entire booking, right? In which case it doesn't work for me as I'm required to book my flights through a designated TA. Most people, of course, won't have this constraint.

Wouldn't it be nice there was an option online to switch to the complimentary rather than going through these hoops ...
Old May 24, 2019, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by PB53x11
That cancels the entire booking, right? In which case it doesn't work for me as I'm required to book my flights through a designated TA. Most people, of course, won't have this constraint.

Wouldn't it be nice there was an option online to switch to the complimentary rather than going through these hoops ...
I disagree. That's too specific.

There should be an option to cancel a confirmed eUpgrade online, provided that space is still available in the original booking class. That would effectively solve this problem, in addition to many others.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:48 pm

Fair enough, that would do.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: AC SE
I disagree. That's too specific.

There should be an option to cancel a confirmed eUpgrade online, provided that space is still available in the original booking class. That would effectively solve this problem, in addition to many others.
I’ve used Twitter a couple of times to cancel a confirmed eUp. It worked well and involved minimal time/effort!
Old May 25, 2019, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by jasdou

I’ve used Twitter a couple of times to cancel a confirmed eUp. It worked well and involved minimal time/effort!
That technically satisfies my listed requirements, but is CLEARLY not what I meant
jasdou likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC SE, WJ Gold
Moving back to AC after a few years with United as a 1K due to job focus change.

Just bought my first Latitude pass to the US NE. Trying to follow this thread but have a couple questions:

Is the complimentary upgrade window 48 hours from flight or 2 calendar days before departure?

If I apply an upgrade, does that change the flexibility of the latitude fare? e.g., Can I still cancel or change the flight after upgrading without penalty?

Is the upgrade applied in the Air Canada app on iPhone or the Flight Pass app?

TIA!
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:35 pm

2 calendar days.
No change in flexibility, but when you change (before getting to the airport) you rebook into Y, then you need to re-apply the upgrade.
At the airport, you're treated as full J and can freely change to any other flight with seats in the J cabin, without going through Y first.
The upgrades are done through the FP website or app, not the regular ones. It will be fairly clear when you go to do it.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
At the airport, you're treated as full J and can freely change to any other flight with seats in the J cabin, without going through Y first.
+1
Bolding mine. This is an important tidbit. There was a time when one could do J -> J with a Lat FP, but now it requires J -> Y -> J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.