Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
This is a thoughtful feature. Avoids the need to buy and refund-if-not-happy-with-seat-selection-cost.

It worked for me, got to payment screen for a YVR-YYZ test. I guess this means only one CC charge instead of two.

I never would have noticed this as, either I had SE status, or Latitude and Business include complimentary seat selection. But I think this is a welcomed change.
It worked today on Safari. Yesterday it froze on Chrome. Yes, it is a most welcome change (I have made and canceled a few bookings just to figure out the cost of preferred seats).

On the minus side, the "flexible dates" matrix now only shows economy fares. I haven't found a way to force it to switch to PE/J fares as in the old website. I already sent feedback on this.
Old May 19, 2016, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mauricio23

On the minus side, the "flexible dates" matrix now only shows economy fares. I haven't found a way to force it to switch to PE/J fares as in the old website. I already sent feedback on this.
Odd. Shows for me. Line below "Select your dates," same line as "Round trip fares (per person)."

What is missing however is bolding the cheapest flight price.

This is using Firefox on fedora23.
Old May 19, 2016, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Not sure if this was just added since you sent the feedback, but it looks almost the same as the original site to me... Or do you mean another matrix?

And wow, I can't believe how cheap AC flights are. YVR-LHR rt economy in my mind is a $5k ticket.
Attached Images  
Old May 19, 2016, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
Odd. Shows for me. Line below "Select your dates," same line as "Round trip fares (per person)."

What is missing however is bolding the cheapest flight price.

This is using Firefox on fedora23.
I guess I should read the whole thread before replying... I was testing with Chrome whatever version, Windows.
Old May 19, 2016, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Not sure if this was just added since you sent the feedback, but it looks almost the same as the original site to me... Or do you mean another matrix?.
No, it was just added. I guess they read the feedback.

I just sent another feedback form to report that when visualizing a booking with one segment upgraded and another not upgraded, both segments are displayed as upgraded (but the booking classes are correct). Let's see if they fix that one.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just sent another feedback form to report that when visualizing a booking with one segment upgraded and another not upgraded, both segments are displayed as upgraded (but the booking classes are correct). Let's see if they fix that one.
Works fine on Safari on an Ipad too.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Makes sense.

They have had issues like that forever. Not just about upgrades but legs on other airlines that are not in J showing "business class A" when A on that airline is economy. Or Business class Y. They never bothered correcting.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

I'm impressed with AC if this is the case. I guess being beta, they can develop more aggressively.

I'm sure these are UI issues; it doesn't feel like they're making substantial changes in actual function. Moving the seat selection to pre-checkout was possibly troublesome, but they did it.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
They have had issues like that forever. Not just about upgrades but legs on other airlines that are not in J showing "business class A" when A on that airline is economy. Or Business class Y. They never bothered correcting.
Yes, but in this case the booking is properly displayed on the non-beta site.
Old May 22, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
eUpgrade pages hit new(?) low:
Attached Images  
Old May 22, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Ok, maybe another low. Air Canada has just given me a new middle name. Hmm, could this be a coding error??
Attached Images  
Old May 22, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: TK*G
Apparently UA is flying domestically in Canada now...

Name:  Air_Canada_Select_flights.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  3.3 KB

Last edited by Garbageman; May 22, 2016 at 5:31 am Reason: photo
Old May 22, 2016, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
eUpgrade pages hit new(?) low:
Incognito mode always fixes that for me

I'm at the point where if I want to go to AC's site, I open a new incognito window before even trying anything else.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Incognito mode always fixes that for me

I'm at the point where if I want to go to AC's site, I open a new incognito window before even trying anything else.
+1

There are seat map issues as well. If you have a multi-segment flight that includes one in a Y-only cabin (Q400), and look at the seat map for economy cabin of that Q400 flight after taking a look at the J cabin of the following flight, you still get the J cabin displayed
Old May 22, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
Ok, maybe another low. Air Canada has just given me a new middle name. Hmm, could this be a coding error??
Guess what, I have the same middle name as you now
Maybe we're cousins or something

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.