Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2005, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mtacchi
I got something to stuff in your mouth to stop that.
I don't mind my mouth getting stuffed with 2005 SSWUs
Old Oct 26, 2005, 7:01 am

The ROLLING STONES

Last night, WILD BILLS in Banff

I went to see 54-40, the Stones show up watch for a while, do a few tunes at the end of the night..............

AWSOME !!
Old Oct 26, 2005, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Was this near Banff airport?! Do they even have an airport?
Old Oct 26, 2005, 3:37 pm

Location: Usually on a ship looking for oil and gas; Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, Norway, Scotland, India, Congo & Angola, next project who knows? Agreed to CC rules
Programs: AC Altitude E75K/*G, AS MVP, AF/KLM Petroleum Club, BA Blue
I had Shaun Majunder from "This Hour has 22 Minutes" as a seat mate in J last week. He was enroute to YHZ for the start of the "Just For Laughs" comedy tour which he's hosting http://www.hahaha.com/shows/comedy-tour-2005/

On the way home I had Mtacchi as a seatmate also in J

Five flights, three days, two celebrities

mpc1
Old Nov 3, 2005, 5:46 am

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
CBC sports correspondent and former Winnipeg Blue Bomber tackle, Chris Walby on YYZ-YWG last night.

He's a BIG man ... 6'7" a good 350lbs at least - I thought I was big!

Looks like a regular as he knew the FAs pretty well. Not that I was eavesdropping, but he sounded like a nice man. Looked funny as he was sitting by this little lady in the emergency row.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 7:49 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Does Jane Urquhart in the LHR Arrivals Lounge count?
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:05 pm

Location: Usually on a ship looking for oil and gas; Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, Norway, Scotland, India, Congo & Angola, next project who knows? Agreed to CC rules
Ed McMahon from the Tonight Show in J from YUL-YYZ in seat 3D on a 343 on November 8th. They were boarding from the front boarding door so almost everyone walked past his seat. He cheerfully said hello to anyone who smiled in recognition of his familiar face. He was returning to LAX from a speaking engagement with his son. I was impressed that Remembrance Day this week he was wearing a poppy with a Canadian flag pin on his lapel. I had seat 2D and we pleasantly chatted during disembarkation about different Canadian cities he’s visited. Class Act ^^.

mpc1
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:06 pm

dupe post
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just had a 30 min chat with mtacchi in the YVR Dom MLL... he's now on his way to YQR
Old Nov 12, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Just had a 30 min chat with mtacchi in the YVR Dom MLL... he's now on his way to YQR

Is matacchi a 'canadian Celebrity'?

If so, then I must be one too since I've been in the paper and on TV more than mtacchi

Cheers
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:36 pm

Paul Martin...a few years ago..he was still the Finance Minister, on a flight from YYZ to YVR. He had his nose stuck in some documents the whole time...it was probably work related as the papers didn't appear to be the glossy type. While waiting to deplane in YVR, his little fart-catcher was on the phone annoucing that "Yes! The minister has landed!!" and then handed Martin the phone. On the phone, Martin became quite agitated and blurted out "What's the matter, don't they recognize the name on the credit card?" At that point he looked up and across the aisle at me and realized I had overheard the conversation.....must have been the sh*t-... grin on my face.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:39 pm

[QUOTE=negotiatorIf so, then I must be one too since I've been in the paper and on TV more than mtacchi
[/QUOTE]

We'll let Parnel be the judge of that.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:48 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
On random order...

Phil Esposito (was GM of the NY Rangers at that time)
Brian Mulroney (YUL MLL, had a chance to chat with him for 15-20 minutes)
Pauline Marois (YUL MLL)
Frank McKenna (YYZ MLL)
Stephane Quintal...(YUL MLL)
....Robert Milton...(LGA-YUL Flight)
Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by Super Larry
On random order...

Phil Esposito (was GM of the NY Rangers at that time)
Brian Mulroney (YUL MLL, had a chance to chat with him for 15-20 minutes)
Pauline Marois (YUL MLL)
Frank McKenna (YYZ MLL)
Stephane Quintal...(YUL MLL)
....Robert Milton...(LGA-YUL Flight)

I saw Mr. Dressup on a YYZ> YUL flight
Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by negotiator
Is matacchi a 'canadian Celebrity'?

If so, then I must be one too since I've been in the paper and on TV more than mtacchi

Cheers
FWIW, I'm not the first to post about seeing/meeting him on this thread...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.