Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2005, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Minicooperman
I would just like to tell you all that it is not easy for me to restrain myself in such circumstances. But, I think that I have succeeded with great aplomb. (this time)

MCM
Ditto! Twice I went on to type something but decided to cancel my reply
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:20 pm

Location: from YKF, live SCO; AC*E, KLM FD Gold, Skywards Silver, Hertz #1 Gold
Gene Simmons

Goes back about 18 months ago or so...was waiting in the T2 MLL for a flight to PHL and got an autograph from Gene Simmons of KISS fame. I actually didn't really recognize him until somebody else pointed him out to me.

Jeff
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SkinnyJ
Goes back about 18 months ago or so...was waiting in the T2 MLL for a flight to PHL and got an autograph from Gene Simmons of KISS fame. I actually didn't really recognize him until somebody else pointed him out to me.

Jeff
He should just travel around with all that makeup on, 24/7
Old Jul 1, 2005, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
He should just travel around with all that makeup on, 24/7
And have it all be washed away in the shower.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 12:07 am

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
Brock Ralph (NY Jets) yesterday & today (due to weather delays) - LGA-YUL-YYC.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 3:44 am
At Large

Originally Posted by Mozzarella
That would probably be Kenneth Thompson (newspapers, publishing etc.etc. - richest guy in Canada).
Thompson is the richest but it also could have been Galen Weston who now owns Selfridge's among other holdings in the UK.

S9 and sleeping pills.........that guy did not know how much of an opportunity he missed for all of us.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by parnel

S9 and sleeping pills.........that guy did not know how much of an opportunity he missed for all of us.
LOL.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 5:43 am

Programs: AC*SE
I hope this thread is not just limited to a discussion about 'Canadian' celeberties because I have a good one from south of the boarder concerning a certain english rock star - STING!

I was in MIA with a friend of mine having lunch in South Beach when we were seated next to sting at the outdoor cafe attached to the Hotel (the Tides). I said to my friend - "hey! I think that's Sting?" My friend looks over and says..."yep, that's him alright!" I said..."I'm going to the car (parked right down the street) and get my camera". Having returned with my camera and sitting down, I said..."Hey STING! STING!" He look over as to say...What do you want, I'm reading a book, you ***hole! I said..."I'm a really big fan, do you think I could get a picture with you?" He said..."I'm sorry, but you might start a rush...where are you lads from?" I said..."we're from the YYZ area!" He asked..."why were we in MIA?"...and I replied..."we're on vacation, just hanging out!" I said to STING..."what are you here for?" He said...."he's playing the Superbowl in 1 hour!". At that point I said..."that's too bad because I was going to invite you to hang out at the beach with us for a while". At that point he looked at you, smiled and was ushered into a van and off to the Superbowl.

I'm sorry to say that from that point on the rest of the day was a bit of a letdown especially not having STING with us at the Beach - It would have been impressive!

Cheers
Old Jul 2, 2005, 9:17 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Last night in the main YUL MLL:

Minister of Foreign Affairs Pierre Petitgrew.

He said he was going to The Hague for some meetings. Like everyone else, he was enjoying glass of wine for Canada Day and chatting amiably with pax in the lounge. At one point he was explaining the Parliamentary page program to one of the lounge staff.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NordsFan
At one point he was explaining the Parliamentary page program to one of the lounge staff.
... and that lounge staffer was genuinely interested in hearing that?
Old Jul 2, 2005, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hehehe.. the Parliamentary Page Program...

The Senate Page Program is much better and more prestigious me thinks.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 10:17 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
... and that lounge staffer was genuinely interested in hearing that?
Strangely enough, he seemed to be !

YOWkid, just for clarity and my own interest, do the Commons and Senate have seperate page programs ? I'm too old to apply for this but, a guy can dream can't he ?

Last edited by NordsFan; Jul 2, 2005 at 11:04 am
Old Jul 2, 2005, 10:23 am

Programs: Sans souci
Last night in the main YUL MLL:

Minister of Foreign Affairs Pierre Petitgrew.

He said he was going to The Hague for some meetings. Like everyone else, he was enjoying glass of wine for Canada Day and chatting amiably with pax in the lounge. At one point he was explaining the Parliamentary page program to one of the lounge staff.
I've always been pretty impressed by Pierre Pettigrew.

The page program ... perhaps the lounge employee had a son or daughter who was interested? My own daughter was interviewed for the page program a couple of years ago, but didn't make it.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YOWkid, just for clarity and my own interest, do the Commons and Senate have seperate page programs ? I'm too old to apply for this but, a guy can dream can't he ?
Yup. House of Commons is more first year uni students and Senate is for second and up. Some HoCers end up doing the SEN program too but most don't. Some end up working for MPs and other realise they have other passions.

AA: I did too and didn't get it either. My classmate beat me out (but I guess it was fair and square since I beat her out in the Ontario one when we were in grade 8). And frankly, I think it was a blessing in disguise not to have gotten in. Better things happened.

Last edited by YOWkid; Jul 2, 2005 at 10:29 am
Old Jul 2, 2005, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by AnselmAdorne
I've always been pretty impressed by Pierre Pettigrew.

The page program ... perhaps the lounge employee had a son or daughter who was interested?
AA, the employee was a young man of about 20 so his interest seemed personal.

Petitgrew is pretty smooth and is far from being the worst of the jokers in Cabinet. Of course, his family is from YQB....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.