FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Celebrity Sightings
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2005, 5:43 am
negotiator

Programs: AC*SE
I hope this thread is not just limited to a discussion about 'Canadian' celeberties because I have a good one from south of the boarder concerning a certain english rock star - STING!

I was in MIA with a friend of mine having lunch in South Beach when we were seated next to sting at the outdoor cafe attached to the Hotel (the Tides). I said to my friend - "hey! I think that's Sting?" My friend looks over and says..."yep, that's him alright!" I said..."I'm going to the car (parked right down the street) and get my camera". Having returned with my camera and sitting down, I said..."Hey STING! STING!" He look over as to say...What do you want, I'm reading a book, you ***hole! I said..."I'm a really big fan, do you think I could get a picture with you?" He said..."I'm sorry, but you might start a rush...where are you lads from?" I said..."we're from the YYZ area!" He asked..."why were we in MIA?"...and I replied..."we're on vacation, just hanging out!" I said to STING..."what are you here for?" He said...."he's playing the Superbowl in 1 hour!". At that point I said..."that's too bad because I was going to invite you to hang out at the beach with us for a while". At that point he looked at you, smiled and was ushered into a van and off to the Superbowl.

I'm sorry to say that from that point on the rest of the day was a bit of a letdown especially not having STING with us at the Beach - It would have been impressive!

Cheers