Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Weird or just plain incorrect things FAs/SDs have said while on board

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird or just plain incorrect things FAs/SDs have said while on board

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
AC 8621 J - FA told me Rye and Scotch were the same.
I guess technically they are both whisky. Still sacrilege.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I was advised by a FA on Monday night, YUL-YYC, that AC policy is that no cans of Coke or other carbonated beverages are to be given to passengers due to the limited amount supplied on the flight.

This follows them being sold out of the 4 items on the BOB menu.

I was in the exit row on an E90.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC E75K
About a month ago, flying YYZ to YVR, had an FA tell me and the guy beside me that use of electronic devices was not allowed during take off and landing and made me put my iPad2 away and him put his phone away. She did this before take off and landing, we were both shocked since that hasn't been true for several years as far as I know. Definitely wasn't the rule on the connecting AC flight just before this one or any of the others I've been on for years...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
ok!

In 1992 I was on a AC flight from YWG - YYZ listening to my portable CD player (for those younger on the board this was new tech back then).

I had already taken about 20 trips with it, but this one was about to be different....

I was told by the FA / SD that I had to put it away and could not use it (and she rushed over almost in a run when she saw it) because.... and I quote.....

"The Laser in the CD player interferes with the planes navigation and you could crash the plane"
That mskes 100% sense.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
ok!

In 1992 I was on a AC flight from YWG - YYZ listening to my portable CD player (for those younger on the board this was new tech back then).

I had already taken about 20 trips with it, but this one was about to be different....

I was told by the FA / SD that I had to put it away and could not use it (and she rushed over almost in a run when she saw it) because.... and I quote.....

"The Laser in the CD player interferes with the planes navigation and you could crash the plane"
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I was advised by a FA on Monday night, YUL-YYC, that AC policy is that no cans of Coke or other carbonated beverages are to be given to passengers due to the limited amount supplied on the flight.

This practice is so prevalent I have always assumed this is, in fact, AC's policy/SOP.

Whenever I've been left the can, I've taken it as a sign the FA's like me more than their employer.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by BlueMilk
This practice is so prevalent I have always assumed this is, in fact, AC's policy/SOP.

Whenever I've been left the can, I've taken it as a sign the FA's like me more than their employer.
I thought that was policy as well but rather than "like" as a circumvention I assumed it was the passenger's begging/groveling/abasement that met the FA's standard to leave the entire can of precious soft drink.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by robsaw
I thought that was policy as well but rather than "like" as a circumvention I assumed it was the passenger's begging/groveling/abasement that met the FA's standard to leave the entire can of precious soft drink.
24Left will trade you a can for a Kit Kat
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by robsaw
Ah, so giving up one's dignity work too?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
1. 0n 1791 Sunday, usual departure refreshment not offered. SD said there was no time for it. But just before take-off the same SD said we were 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Arrived YYZ 25 minutes early. Cold water or juice would have been nice coming in from 36 degrees weather.

2. SD did not follow meal order protocol on 145 because she said all 28 pax seated in J were SE hence front to back ordering. Yes, all were SEMM including my companion who is 50K! Traveled on 145 many times. Can vouch that at least 1 SEMM was on board and was asked first.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Lllahim
2. SD did not follow meal order protocol on 145 because she said all 28 pax seated in J were SE hence front to back ordering. Yes, all were SEMM including my companion who is 50K! Traveled on 145 many times. Can vouch that at least 1 SEMM was on board and was asked first.
I got the same BS before even though my friend seated next to me had no status.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by vernonc
24Left will trade you a can for a Kit Kat

Well, it won't be 1:1. I have to think about my ROI.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by 24left

Well, it won't be 1:1. I have to think about my ROI.
Hmmm...since we all know you value Kit Kats, I'm sure I'd get 6 cans out of you for each pack of Kit Kat.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by PointWeasel

Traveling AC for the first time in a few months. I'm sad I won't be able to use this "trick" I learned in childhood and love to take advantage of :P

Any other pointers/tips flying AC?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by el aye
Traveling AC for the first time in a few months. I'm sad I won't be able to use this "trick" I learned in childhood and love to take advantage of :P

Any other pointers/tips flying AC?
Mainline or Rouge? J, PY, or Y?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.