Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Plumber
Was met this morning off of the YOW flight for the sweet BMW ride to E Gates.

Unlike last time (when we went into the terminal), today we just went out a secure door near the end of the bridge down to the tarmac level.
Snuffleupabus is real. ^
Plumber likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Snuffleupabus is real. ^
And as inconsistent as expected .
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: AC - Aeroplan
I was doing YUL - ICN with a connection in YYZ on 2018-12-27. I did have BCNX on my boarding pass but the personal doing my check in was very confused about that mention on my boarding pass. She asked 2 of her coworkers next to her, then asked the concierge, then called in somewhere. The whole thing took about 10 minutes and said it was a new service with BMW connection.

Once I walked off the planed in YYZ, someone was holding a tablet with my name on it. They guided me to the car, where someone else drove me to the international gates, which was 2 steps away from the signature lounge. It's pretty cool to be driven on the tarmac.

Having known this in advance, I would have booked a longer connection in YYZ to have time to enjoy a full meal at the signature lounge. I only had about one hour so I only got food from the buffet, which was nice.

Bad photo, but this was the car, as I got off.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
I hope these latest two reports mean it will become More Real. Maybe I was just too early on the BCNX roll-out. Won't have another DOM-to-INTL connection at YYZ for a little while, though,
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
IIRC wasn't this also advertised for those eligible for sig service originating out of YYZ?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
IIRC wasn't this also advertised for those eligible for sig service originating out of YYZ?
I dont remember that... All I remember was for those with connections.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
I was under the impression that the program was to be expanded to include those originating out of YYZ. With that being said, given how long the domestic to international program has taken to get to this point, I don't foresee ex-YYZ happening any time soon.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: EK Gold, Asia Miles, Aeroplan
Signature class BMW transfer?

I'll be flying from YVR-YYZ-AUH in May and my booking (revenue) is on AC J which is a signature class flight but my outbound flight to AUH is on Etihad. I have a 2 hour layover at YYZ but I have to transfer from terminal 1 to 3. My question is will I be able to use the AC BMW transfer between terminals? Or is this service restricted to AC flights only? I called customer support and they have no clue.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:38 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
You're not eligible for the BMW service. You would need to be connecting to an Air Canada flight, and even then it's not guaranteed.
LaFerrari likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:41 pm

Location: based in Toronto, Canada (but travels around the world)
Programs: MoVernie on the MOVE
Thumbs up

I was on a recent Air Canada Signature Class flight back in November 2018, flying from Toronto to Haneda, Tokyo, Japan. After the passing through the security check point, I walked down to the tarmac and this black BMW 7-Series limo was waiting for me. The limo driver greeted me and put my carry-on at the back of the trunk and he drove me to the next building. Although it was only 7 minute drive, it was an interesting experience and the spot he dropped me off, I literally took the escalator and I could walk to the Signature Suite. I believe the limo fits 3 passengers.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
How did you know you were getting a ride? Seems like it would be a bit challenging to notify passengers of that, since many would be checking in online.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:28 pm

Great question @canadiancow. In my situation, I asked for it when I was checking in at the Concierge Office. It's at Terminal 1, where I check in at the separate entrance. Check-in 1-on-1 with the staff, I asked about the limo ride, she checked my status that I am eligible, ordered a limo ride by calling some phone number. Then, walked me thru the security check-point and guided me down to the tarmac to get the ride. I was told by the driver that you don't necessary have to check-in from Terminal 1 to get the service, if you are on a layover or interconnected flights say, from the USA and then on a connected flight to another Air Canada flight, the limo will pick you up at the area where you walked out of the plane door. I don't know how to describe that area, you walked down the stairs and then the limo will drive you to your next connected flight. (that I wouldn't know how to order one)

Last edited by MoVernie; Jan 27, 2019 at 3:33 pm
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Every other example in this thread has been about connections, which is "easy", since the agents know when and where you'll be.

Interesting that they're willing to do the drive for departing passengers, since I'm quite confident I can get from security to the SS in well under 7 minutes without breaking a sweat.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:37 pm

Yeah, I think they are going to expand the service in 2019 and there are still question marks as in when or what flights you can get the service. But I feel that when I ask or people ask ahead of time before the flight on the day of or at the day of, the AC staff will assist us nicely.

Now, in terms of departing from the security check and walking 7 minutes to the Signature Suite, yes, I agree with you, it's not a bad walk, it's definitely walkable. I think it's more for the experience though. For me, I never had this limo ride before so since I heard about it and asked and they provided, I am not going to say no. For me, life's short, at least try it 1 time and see how it goes. Coz I always learn something and it's great to see how they operate and where they drop me and just for the experience.

If you don't care about the glam and don't mind the walk, yes, you are right, you may be faster walking then ordering one, wait for it and then take the ride. It's all depends on the individual preference.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MoVernie
Great question @canadiancow. In my situation, I asked for it when I was checking in at the Concierge Office. It's at Terminal 1, where I check in at the separate entrance. Check-in 1-on-1 with the staff, I asked about the limo ride, she checked my status that I am eligible, ordered a limo ride by calling some phone number. Then, walked me thru the security check-point and guided me down to the tarmac to get the ride. I was told by the driver that you don't necessary have to check-in from Terminal 1 to get the service, if you are on a layover or interconnected flights say, from the USA and then on a connected flight to another Air Canada flight, the limo will pick you up at the area where you walked out of the plane door. I don't know how to describe that area, you walked down the stairs and then the limo will drive you to your next connected flight. (that I wouldn't know how to order one)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Every other example in this thread has been about connections, which is "easy", since the agents know when and where you'll be.

Interesting that they're willing to do the drive for departing passengers, since I'm quite confident I can get from security to the SS in well under 7 minutes without breaking a sweat.
Originally Posted by MoVernie
Yeah, I think they are going to expand the service in 2019 and there are still question marks as in when or what flights you can get the service. But I feel that when I ask or people ask ahead of time before the flight on the day of or at the day of, the AC staff will assist us nicely.

Now, in terms of departing from the security check and walking 7 minutes to the Signature Suite, yes, I agree with you, it's not a bad walk, it's definitely walkable. I think it's more for the experience though. For me, I never had this limo ride before so since I heard about it and asked and they provided, I am not going to say no. For me, life's short, at least try it 1 time and see how it goes. Coz I always learn something and it's great to see how they operate and where they drop me and just for the experience.

If you don't care about the glam and don't mind the walk, yes, you are right, you may be faster walking then ordering one, wait for it and then take the ride. It's all depends on the individual preference.
So this backs up my understanding that Sig Service ex-YYZ may include the BMW service. ^
@MoVernie

Welcome to FT. By chance, are you S100K/SE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.