FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:23 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by MoVernie
Great question @canadiancow. In my situation, I asked for it when I was checking in at the Concierge Office. It's at Terminal 1, where I check in at the separate entrance. Check-in 1-on-1 with the staff, I asked about the limo ride, she checked my status that I am eligible, ordered a limo ride by calling some phone number. Then, walked me thru the security check-point and guided me down to the tarmac to get the ride. I was told by the driver that you don't necessary have to check-in from Terminal 1 to get the service, if you are on a layover or interconnected flights say, from the USA and then on a connected flight to another Air Canada flight, the limo will pick you up at the area where you walked out of the plane door. I don't know how to describe that area, you walked down the stairs and then the limo will drive you to your next connected flight. (that I wouldn't know how to order one)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Every other example in this thread has been about connections, which is "easy", since the agents know when and where you'll be.

Interesting that they're willing to do the drive for departing passengers, since I'm quite confident I can get from security to the SS in well under 7 minutes without breaking a sweat.
Originally Posted by MoVernie
Yeah, I think they are going to expand the service in 2019 and there are still question marks as in when or what flights you can get the service. But I feel that when I ask or people ask ahead of time before the flight on the day of or at the day of, the AC staff will assist us nicely.

Now, in terms of departing from the security check and walking 7 minutes to the Signature Suite, yes, I agree with you, it's not a bad walk, it's definitely walkable. I think it's more for the experience though. For me, I never had this limo ride before so since I heard about it and asked and they provided, I am not going to say no. For me, life's short, at least try it 1 time and see how it goes. Coz I always learn something and it's great to see how they operate and where they drop me and just for the experience.

If you don't care about the glam and don't mind the walk, yes, you are right, you may be faster walking then ordering one, wait for it and then take the ride. It's all depends on the individual preference.
So this backs up my understanding that Sig Service ex-YYZ may include the BMW service. ^
@MoVernie

Welcome to FT. By chance, are you S100K/SE?