Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada takes on WestJet with holiday video of its own

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada takes on WestJet with holiday video of its own

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2014, 9:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Seems like everyone wants to get in on the act. LATAM (and smart to get Coca Cola $$):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=GiH6r02GlT4

Thanks for this. Co-branding ad messages presents interesting creative opportunities and maybe even some $$ savings.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:06 am
Suspended

Not exactly Christmas, but another fun Turkish commercial
That food !!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrI7VRfqgo4

(sometimes, just from a creative message perspective, I wish AC would be more adventurous)
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:40 pm

Just thought I'd throw this video in this thread instead of making a new one. I find this type of video much more effective for improving brand image than AC/WS's previous feel-good videos (what are really ads, shown in earlier posts) focusing instead on the AC Foundation rather than the airline itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m3ky6Mw28k
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Just thought I'd throw this video in this thread instead of making a new one. I find this type of video much more effective for improving brand image than AC/WS's previous feel-good videos (what are really ads, shown in earlier posts) focusing instead on the AC Foundation rather than the airline itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m3ky6Mw28k
Go to 2:04

Look at where Montreal is

The feels though

I wonder how many SEs were pissed that he took away an eUp slot...

Last edited by SparseFlyer; Mar 24, 2015 at 6:15 am
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer

The feels though

I wonder how many SEs were pissed that he took away an eUp slot...
What is up with that map?!?!?! As a director I would have had that re-shot. Nice feel to the video though.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer

Seems all the text on the map has shifted east from the land feature it represents.

All those outdoors shots of the Chilcotin bring back memories. It's a stunning part of the country and about as far (and blessedly) removed as one can get from the world of MLLs and the trivial pros and cons of seat 2K vs 6A. Good on the AC Foundation for supporting the breakfast program. I bet none of those kids will ever post a complaint that their provided breakfast options "haven't changed since I started flying this route".
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I know very little about this AC Foundation, so pardon my ignorance but as much as I'm happy for that kid to fly in the pod, doesn't it make more sense to fly 10 kids in Y instead? Again, I am not privy to how that stuff works!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I know very little about this AC Foundation, so pardon my ignorance but as much as I'm happy for that kid to fly in the pod, doesn't it make more sense to fly 10 kids in Y instead? Again, I am not privy to how that stuff works!
I believe I have donated to it a few times in flight when FAs pass by with the bag.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
....It's a stunning part of the country and about as far (and blessedly) removed as one can get from the world of MLLs and the trivial pros and cons of seat 2K vs 6A. Good on the AC Foundation for supporting the breakfast program. I bet none of those kids will ever post a complaint that their provided breakfast options "haven't changed since I started flying this route".

THIS. EXACTLY THIS.

(bolding mine)
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
FYI:
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/co.../whoweare.html

In the above case maybe only one child needed to fly.

I know in other cases and entire aircraft is chartered fly sick children and their families to Disney World. I believe the flight crews and cabin crews donate their time for these charter flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.