Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall 2014 Earn Your Wings

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Drunk Cargo is thinking of scrapping most of the last day to earn two of the Mileage Run badges, since YOW and YUL are completely useless.

I was thinking of spending tmie with a friend in YOW and removing the YUL connection, but YOW-YYZ flights are packed that day (as is YYZ-SFO - I might be stuck in Y ), so I don't even know if I'll be able to SDC.

If there's no reason to leave the airports, I'm not leaving

But I'm happy to meet up wherever for drinks. I just don't have enough time to go downtown anywhere.

I'm also happy to attend a mini-do anywhere in North America on any Saturday night, but people on the AC forum seem to prefer week nights
Name any Sat night in December and I'm there. Would love to meet you in person! Especially since we're in the same field working in competing companies
Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DaveObee
But are the two of you still enjoying it? And still talking to each other?

The updates on your google doc are not coming as frequently as at the start. Not surprising. I get tired just reading it.
Where's this Google doc? Sorry. It must be buried and I can't find it...
Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Trip Report

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Where's this Google doc? Sorry. It must be buried and I can't find it...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...TPE/edit?pli=1
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:31 pm
Suspended

WOW. Thanks 24left! I just read the whole thing and sent it to a ton of people I know at work and friends. I feel like a noob. Officially "rekted".
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:39 pm
Suspended

"AC’s Social Media department wanted a copy of my itinerary, and didn’t realize that emailing it to himself this way would cause my email address to be replaced in the file."

I wonder if they wanted a copy because they know who Cows is and his participation here. I bet you they all want the coverage to be positive so they sent what he and DrunkCargo are doing to all concierges and watching his flights and experience carefully. If AC was properly run (not saying it isn't), it would be wise for them to do so.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
"AC’s Social Media department wanted a copy of my itinerary, and didn’t realize that emailing it to himself this way would cause my email address to be replaced in the file."

I wonder if they wanted a copy because they know who Cows is and his participation here. I bet you they all want the coverage to be positive so they sent what he and DrunkCargo are doing to all concierges and watching his flights and experience carefully. If AC was properly run (not saying it isn't), it would be wise for them to do so.
I sent a copy of our itinerary to the concierges so they didn't take a proactive stance and reroute us

The concierges have actually been awesome. A few times we've randomly encountered them in an airport and they've seen our madness, then said "oh I have a copy of your itinerary right here!"

Winnipeg has been the best (Don, John, Janice). Halifax has been pretty good, as has Edmonton. But most of the time when I've called, they've recognized my name as the crazy guy flying around. Except Toronto. They have no idea who I am, but I haven't had too many connections there.

But I'm actually really amazed with how great operations have been. Hardly any issues, even with deicing, snow, etc. AC has done well
Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:16 pm
Suspended

^ I have to take you to the shrink for a sanity check. E50K in 9 days. Respect.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Cow Quote of the Day

Except Toronto. They have no idea who I am

Best. Line. Ever.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
^ I have to take you to the shrink for a sanity check. E50K in 9 days. Respect.
THat is insane. ^
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Best. Line. Ever.
Heh. Yeah...
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
THat is insane. ^
And to think I still haven't requalified for SE
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
I've been enjoying the safety cards and demonstrations. And yea, I'm not sure why FAs and others here would be surprised we're still talking after 7 days. I don't fart that much and I hope I'm not that much of a dink... =)

Time to grab a huge nap before the last 2 day stretch... wrt to the mini do, why not meet in the YYZ domestic lounge? I'm sure everyone here knows how to get in...
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Please do not die from a lack of sleep cow... lol
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:27 am

I'm actually not sure about Sunday now. I may SDC and skip pretty much the whole day
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:00 am
Suspended

I'm actually not sure about Sunday now. I may SDC and skip pretty much the whole day
Nooooooooo. We're rooting for you guys!!
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I've been enjoying the safety cards and demonstrations. And yea, I'm not sure why FAs and others here would be surprised we're still talking after 7 days. I don't fart that much and I hope I'm not that much of a dink... =)

Spit my tea on the keyboard. Thanks for no warning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.