Wiki Posts
Search

AC Presence on FT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:27 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Clarification on the role of AC personnel on this website

Hello All.

It seems that I am officially confused on the roll of Ben, Ben, Andrew et. al. on this Website.

On one side, they are here to give us insider information of what is going on within the headquarters of AC. Direct access, no holds barred intervention to the big dogs within the Ivory Tower.

On the other side, if they step out of the corporate line they often get lambasted for not being politically/Corporately correct Talking heads speaking the official AC Gospel (full disclosure, I REALLY appreciate this unadulterated side of the Corporate personnel where then can let their hair down).

The tangent that really gets me is that they now seem to be tuning into personal concierges to people on this site to solve issues that should be solves (or not) on a much lower level: (ex... PM me and I'll look into this) I understand their desire to help people here, but that is NOT their job.

So... Bottom Line: What do you expect from them?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
To be a FT with insider knowledge about AC. However, not speaking directly for AC as they have (afaik) no authority to do so. Same as with YYZ SD and others who shall remain nameless who are AC employees (FA's) and who love flying and are apart of FT. I for one, love that they are on here.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
To be a FT with insider knowledge about AC. However, not speaking directly for AC as they have (afaik) no authority to do so. Same as with YYZ SD and others who shall remain nameless who are AC employees (FA's) and who love flying and are apart of FT. I for one, love that they are on here.
So can I deduce from this that IF they respond in a non corporate lingo, politically correct no double talk response, you wouldn't hold it against them?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I'm hoping that in addition to the above, the Bens and Andrew are using feedback from this site to learn about and help them address some of the big and small frustrations that we experience as frequent travelers - AKA using Voice of the Customer as part of a Continual Improvement process.

There has been evidence of this happening - but I am realistic enough to know that they will not be able to address everything we bring to their attention.

What I'm not expecting from them is sharing of confidential or proprietary information that would harm the company's reputation or competitive position if it were disclosed.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by tireman77
So can I deduce from this that IF they respond in a non corporate lingo, politically correct no double talk response, you wouldn't hold it against them?
I would not hold it against them as I have never held it against them. However, I am not the norm as there are many on here who believe otherwise. From what I have deduced, accounts such as "AC Altitude" are official media accounts and we see a post from them once every half year at best. Apparently that's what some people want. To ..... and complain after corporate speak/posts are made, as opposed to a new level of interacting with employees of a company who want to deformalize things.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev
I'm hoping that in addition to the above, the Bens and Andrew are using feedback from this site to learn about and help them address some of the big and small frustrations that we experience as frequent travelers - AKA using Voice of the Customer as part of a Continual Improvement process.

There has been evidence of this happening - but I am realistic enough to know that they will not be able to address everything we bring to their attention.

What I'm not expecting from them is sharing of confidential or proprietary information that would harm the company's reputation or competitive position if it were disclosed.
I would stipulate that AC is, and has been, lurking on this site for considerable amount of time. I am certain that FT has been moulding AC policy for longer than most members realize.

My question is specifically aimed to people's attitude towards their input on this website.

EDIT: That being said, if by this you were saying that you prefer that AC look, but not speak, I accept this as a very important and revealing note to this discussion.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:52 pm
Suspended

EDIT: That being said, if by this you were saying that you prefer that AC look, but not speak, I accept this as a very important and revealing note to this discussion.
Ditto. Would suck, but would be an interesting data point.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I would stipulate that AC is, and has been, lurking on this site for considerable amount of time. I am certain that FT has been moulding AC policy for longer than most members realize.
For sure! Look at the treasure trove of information Andrew left here with (and not only here but also many offsite dealings)!

Nothing against Andrew but I've often wondered how much of the inside info he gained here and via other avenues played a roll in getting him a job at AC. Just saying that the level of knowledge many of us have about AC is quite staggering.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Maybe Air Canada and Aeroplan should be a separate forum?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:33 pm

Maybe Air Canada and Aeroplan should be a separate forum?
Do you think if most people on this forum sent an email to Aeroplan demanding their presence on this forum, it would lead to anything?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Do you think if most people on this forum sent an email to Aeroplan demanding their presence on this forum, it would lead to anything?
I've been around to know that you never know. Out of thin air AC reps showed up (aka new guys like the Bens). I'd love it if Aeroplan reps did the same
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I've been around to know that you never know. Out of thin air AC reps showed up (aka new guys like the Bens). I'd love it if Aeroplan reps did the same
What would an Aeroplan rep do though? Announce new dExclusives a day before the public announcement?

I guess they could hunt down missing AE miles or something....
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Most of us appreciate the AC reps on the site and are happy to engage in constructive dialog. Then again, there's this:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23686083-post90.html
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dorian
What would an Aeroplan rep do though? Announce new dExclusives a day before the public announcement?

It would allow AC haters to better share their $0.02.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Dorian

LOLOLOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.