Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
My 25k posted today after paying for my car insurance. This is the 2nd time I have this card. I will be dumping it next month .
Old Oct 24, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Thanks for your info. When you say they were unbending on the rules, do you mean you actually swiped your TD Visa card at the lounge and saw rejection, or you mean you spoke with someone and that's what they told you? Or both?

This CC swipe system has 3 parties involved: aeroplan, TD and finally AC. AC is the final gatekeeper at the MLL and all they can do is swipe the TD Visa, see if that number in their system has a valid entry credit available tied to the AC ticket number that is part of the boarding pass for this request. I can see lots of things at play here, and why it's so easy to get denied entry. for eg., what if you booked a valid award at the very last minute. Would the underlying system that the MLL connects to, be updated in time to link the TD card number with a valid lounge entry credit, since Aeroplan, TD and AC are all involved here to make things 'work'?

Which leads me to believe that even if my wife swipes her own TD Aero Visa at the MLL, on an award that I've booked for her using MY points, this would not set up anything fir her TD card number, and thus result in denied entry for her at the MLL. This would be consistent with what you've reported, as well as others up-thread.

OTOH, zoobtoob's post above, where he paid for his award with an Amex card, still triggered the required conditions to allow his TD Visa card to gain him entry to the MLL.
I understand exactly what you're describing here, as I have the same question. If booking 2 ae seats, it's easier to use one account to have one locator. In case of any changes, it's easier to do in one on locator (I had to do that just a few minutes ago with an involuntary change that resulted in not enough connection time). But if it means only I get to use the lounge with my TD visa card, and my wife cannot get in with her visa card, that sucks.

It means they force you to have to redeem on multiple PRNs on multiple accounts. Whenever you want to do booking, you'd better have more than one session open (e.g. one in IE in your account, one in Chrome for your wife's account) and try to hit the buttons at the same time. Otherwise you risk booking your seat, then when finish and go book your wife's seat on her account, that seat is gone.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Has anyone done multiple signups of the TD Infinite card recently?
I have 2-4 of these at a time but noticed a new clause in the T&C saying no bonus if you've gotten a card in the last 6 months.

I just applied for another one in September (as my last card came March) and all the AE bonuses have posted - but wondering if worth it to do another application by Oct. 31, 15 (or useless because I won't get another 25000 AE bonus).
Old Oct 24, 2015, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by mountaingrl
Has anyone done multiple signups of the TD Infinite card recently?
I have 2-4 of these at a time but noticed a new clause in the T&C saying no bonus if you've gotten a card in the last 6 months.

I just applied for another one in September (as my last card came March) and all the AE bonuses have posted - but wondering if worth it to do another application by Oct. 31, 15 (or useless because I won't get another 25000 AE bonus).
2-4 of these cards at a time. That's kind of unusual. If allowed, and get the points (and lounge accesses), that's great.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by yscleo
2-4 of these cards at a time. That's kind of unusual. If allowed, and get the points (and lounge accesses), that's great.
Oh the multiple TD VISA cards at once is very old news, if you go to the manufactured spend forum you can really learn from the masters, I only have 3 now and I am sure there are people that have way more. Used to be more profitable with the FYF and the $50-70 rebate from GCR etc. but I think they are trending to more 50% rebate on the first year (although our family has benefited from 4 x $50 shop.ca promo recently too).
I don't need lounge access - I am using the miles to fund trips, but wondering if in the last 3 months people have had success with multiple applications.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Where is the shop.ca offer?

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
Got my 3000 miles from shop.ca, it posts on the date of purchase.
I can't find this offer anywhere. Can someone confirm where to find it?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:07 am
alc

Originally Posted by Safti
I can't find this offer anywhere. Can someone confirm where to find it?
Here is the thread for this promo:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...nus-miles.html
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by zoobtoob
I booked and paid for a Y award with an Amex Aeroplan Gold and used a TD Aeroplan Infinite for MLL access. I don't think the award is at all "tied" to the card. It's just one lounge entrance per card per year. Period.
It is tied to your Aeroplan no. If there is a TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite attached to it, you will have one annual access to the MLL when flying an Aeroplan redemption ticket on AC (not other *A, e.g., UA or LH) redeemed from your Aeroplan account only.

The extra MLL passes that come with the Privilege version do NOT extend to travelling companion. They may only be used by the primary cardholder only when flying on an Aeroplan redemption ticket on AC and redeemed from the primary cardholder's Aeroplan account only. It's absolutely ridiculous. If the primary cardholder redeems 4 tickets from his/her Aeroplan account to take his/her family on a vacation (booked on the same booking reference), only the primary cardholder will be permitted into the MLL without charge. The three other family members must pay or wait outside. The primary cardholder will not be permitted to share the remaining three MLL passes for his/her family!
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card now gives 50K miles after $1000 spending

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/produc...ilege-card.jsp

needs $10K limit, $200K income

some said switching/upgrading from Infinite would only get the DIFFERENCE in bonus and pay the $399 fee still, so paying $399 for 25K miles is a bad deal (50K - 25K)
If one has any trip booked and paid with the card but not yet travelled, it is imperative to do the switch rather than cancel and re-apply for the extra points because one would lose all the travel insurance coverage.

If one "cancels" the card, the travel insurance coverage falls away.

The card must be open and in good standing for the travel insurance to be valid. So make sure to make the payment before the trip and not to let it goes into arrears!
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Clipper801
If one has any trip booked and paid with the card but not yet travelled, it is imperative to do the switch rather than cancel and re-apply for the extra points because one would lose all the travel insurance coverage.

If one "cancels" the card, the travel insurance coverage falls away.

The card must be open and in good standing for the travel insurance to be valid. So make sure to make the payment before the trip and not to let it goes into arrears!
If you do the switch (infinite to privilege), would they keep the same card number?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo
If you do the switch (infinite to privilege), would they keep the same card number?
Not sure at TD but the card no. is unchanged at CIBC when I switched from the regular Infinite to Infinite Privilege.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC 25K
I switched from TD Infinite to TD Infinite Privilege and was issued a new card number...
But balances were transferred automatically to the new card.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by bual
I switched from TD Infinite to TD Infinite Privilege and was issued a new card number...
But balances were transferred automatically to the new card.
Then there is continuity particularly with the balances transferred to the new card and the travel insurance coverage should be fine.

It's really no difference from losing the card and the replacement card carries a different no. It will be different if one actually closes the account and re-applies for a new one.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Then there is continuity particularly with the balances transferred to the new card and the travel insurance coverage should be fine.

It's really no difference from losing the card and the replacement card carries a different no. It will be different if one actually closes the account and re-applies for a new one.
Might want to get that confirmed by TD insurance.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
Is Visa Infinite giving me access to MLL?

I am not sure what the Visa Infinite (TD) program says, but I remember there was also mentioned a guest pass for Maple Leafs Lounge. Any restrictions? I haven't gotten any hard pass this year from Visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.