Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Shocking behavior at LGA, guest offloaded!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shocking behavior at LGA, guest offloaded!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
well having been SE for 3 consecutive years prior, and then finishing with 83k miles last year = quasi-SE.
You may see yourself that way. Others may see DYKWIUTB.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by Dorian
Well you really need to revise how you write on FT then.

I've always thought you were a fun and light hearted guy with good intentions...but what you wrote in this thread wiped all that out and now I kind of view you as a d*ckhead.

Just sayin.
Sounds like a bitter ex-SE. I for one never took anything this Poster said seriously, including this post. Litigation, Sue, $5000, yea I'm sure that's the case.

This thread is definitely pop-corn worthy.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by kettle1
OP should SUE. I can see this going all the way to the US Supreme Court.

OP's GF would be impressed!
More impressed by OP's expired SE card? Nah!
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by weather
all this for $75??? Bet your new friend is impressed..........
Check it out, I know the ropes.

This is how we roll... standby. *pops a wheelie*
Old Oct 7, 2013, 8:03 pm

they paged at least 10 other people (including myself) before her (i'm not exaggerating), and we all got new boarding pages.
Of course you're fully informed about the status of other pax, and irrops like a mechanical or downgauge earlier that day. Right?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
I've decided to go the DOT route, and I hope all of you who lambasted me end up getting involuntary bumped on your flights. It's not about $75. It's about getting the promised free stand-by, then getting involuntarily denied boarding, then charged $75 for same day change after all the standby passengers had cleared, which really makes no sense.

But anyway, I should be getting 15,000 miles and $166, with my $75 coming back from Amex.

Involuntary bumping

DOT requires each airline to give all passengers who are bumped involuntarily a written statement describing their rights and explaining how the carrier decides who gets on an oversold flight and who doesn't. Those travelers who don't get to fly are frequently entitled to denied boarding compensation in the form of a check or cash. The amount depends on the price of their ticket and the length of the delay:

* If you are bumped involuntarily and the airline arranges substitute transportation that is scheduled to get you to your final destination (including later connections) within one hour of your original scheduled arrival time, there is no compensation.

* If the airline arranges substitute transportation that is scheduled to arrive at your destination between one and two hours after your original arrival time (between one and four hours on international flights), the airline must pay you an amount equal to 200% of your one-way fare to your final destination that day, with a $650 maximum.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: AP SE, Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, EC Executive, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Going a little overboard, dont you think?

But if dont mind giving me the $5000, Id be happy to arrange for a refund of the $75 + interest and will have somebody accompany you during your next flight to carry your hand baggage and tell you what a great pleasure it is to be of service to you - as often as you like.
^
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: AP SE, Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, EC Executive, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club
I'm E*75, but I still think of myself as an SE, but just swap SE with E*75, other than the parts about SE Desk, which ends in 6888.
Seriously??? You CONSIDER yourself SE and that should make a difference to AC? Perhaps you should considered yourself a plane and flown your GF to YYZ yourself...

Don't mean to be nasty, but there is a bit of a sense of entitlement that keeps growing with these posts. While I do feel that the $75 fee should not have been charged, you are seriously blowing this way out of porportion and it makes it worse when you think your expired status should have an effect.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:41 am

It's about getting the promised free stand-by, then getting involuntarily denied boarding
You had an unsuccessful stand-by, not an IDB.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by jjclancy
Ya. This is going nowhere and will cost OP both time and money and maybe get a note on his PNR as being a PITA.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
No. You clearly do not know how to read. While on stand-by, we each got a boarding pass with a SEAT NUMBER. This makes it an IDB. We got seats, then they took the seats away... I don't know what your problem is anyway...
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:21 am

Agreed. "Original arrival time" I would read as what he was originally ticketed on. I'm quite sure this is going nowhere except perhaps a refund of the $75 and a note on his file saying "last for future op-ups"
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingUsedToBeFun
Seriously??? You CONSIDER yourself SE and that should make a difference to AC? Perhaps you should considered yourself a plane and flown your GF to YYZ yourself...

Don't mean to be nasty, but there is a bit of a sense of entitlement that keeps growing with these posts. While I do feel that the $75 fee should not have been charged, you are seriously blowing this way out of porportion and it makes it worse when you think your expired status should have an effect.
loooooooooool at the first part.

re: second part: The the problem isn't the $75. it's the fact that a) if the $75 had been done properly it would have been a confirmed flight, and we wouldn't have got kicked off; b) the fact that we weren't charged the $75, until we got kicked off and they had to rebook us.

Anyone who doesn't understand how insulting "b" is, is nuts! And it's not expired status. An E*75, should be treated the same way as an SE. I just got into the habit of saying SE on here. But anyway, it's also ridiculous that an SE or E*75, or E*50's companions don't benefit from status while on same flight, in so far as standby priority goes. And again, the $75 we paid was apparently for a confirmed same day change, but they only "sold" it to us after the standby list had cleared. That's incredibly ridiculous.

On United, or any non-garbage airlines, the gate agent would have said "I'm sorry, but there are no free standby's on your ticket, but the good news is that we have a lot of people on standby and so you can just get to the front of the line, by paying the $75, which we need to charge you anyway."

And also, as a result of missing the first flight, I know it was only an hour, but we hit Toronto at rush hour, and it was impossible to go on the Maid of the Mist in Niagara, which we would have done if we had time, and we might have, with the earlier flight.

And actually "c" too. Why the hell would the guy call the SE desk with me, if his mind was made up and the fact I was "misinformed" didn't make a difference?!?!?! What good does "educating" one SE agent make?!?! On United or US this would never happen.

Actually recently on US, and I posted this somewhere on this forum, they switched me on an earlier flight from LGA-BOS-ROC, instead of LGA-DCA-ROC. They charged me $75. Then came and told me I was a valued client and they had reversed the charge. Then, when we got to Boston, the ROC flight was delayed by 30 min, and so they let me fly to BUF at no additional charge, so that I could get in about 45 minutes earlier. Say what you will about UA and US, but I don't think anyone can dispute that their customer service is a cut above, at the gates and at check-in. The only place where AC excels and trumps them is with respect to AC's FAs, who are generally the best in North American, IMHO.

But again, see "b" above, to understand why this is a big deal.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
Am I the only one that thinks that the OP continuing to think he is an SE, and using the SE line (repeatedly) without making 100k is actually worse behaviour than the standby issues he is complaining about?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
An E*75, should be treated the same way as an SE.
There would be no point of a tiered FF system if this were the case.

You really are digging yourself quite the hole here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.