Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Shocking behavior at LGA, guest offloaded!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shocking behavior at LGA, guest offloaded!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
to get a pod on YYZ-YVR.

b) they offloaded me under false pretense and in fact the only reason they did it was because the flight was oversold and they needed my seat;
AC doesn't oversell J. Sounds like you just missed your flight.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Dorian
Man, you're one piece of work!
Agree 100% Let us know how the lawsuit works out. If I lived in NY, I would love to be on the jury. And you know how people look forward to jury duty.

If you do sue, I hope AC has a copy of this thread.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr;21576065 Today, 7:09 pm
This is my last post in the thread, but I'm glad you brought this up - I had forgotten about this. This is almost identical to this scenario, and you've completely changed the story. In that case, I was going MIA or FLL-YYZ-YVR-YYC, and had paid a fairly significant amount $200 or $300 for that routing, to get a pod on YYZ-YVR. Like here, they kicked me off the YYZ-YVR flight, on the pretense that there wasn't time to make it, when in reality my suitcase was checked in 31 min before the YYZ-YVR flight departed, and then the concierge refused to let me switch to YYZ-YYC direct without paying $75, which is mind boggling.

All I said in that case were words to the effect of "if you check the flight manifest you'll see I had a kosher meal on the flight you kicked me off of, and on the one before. If you're going to make me go all the way to YVR you better make darn sure you get me a kosher meal on the new flight, I'd call jewish organizations. At no point did i hold myself out as a jew. And in fact, I stood up for those who might get kicked off a flight, and made to fly a longer routing without regard to their special dietary needs.

As is the case here, you are mistaking the point again. The point there too was a) I paid extra to fly an additional segment, and not an insignificant amount; b) they offloaded me under false pretense and in fact the only reason they did it was because the flight was oversold and they needed my seat; c) they insisted on inconveniencing me with a flight I didn't want to take, even though it was their "fault" that I was in the predicament that I was.

But anyway, I'm done with this thread. Adios!!
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr;21564930 Last edited by Tedgrrrr; Today at 7:11 pm.
This thread is both a warning to those of you who decide to fly a companion with an Aeroplan ticket, or a ticket that was booked separately, as well as to serve as a rant against this despicable airline which I'm getting ready to sue.

LOL Why did you edit your OP after posting your adios letter?!! Oh man, this is the funniest thread on this board in a long time, stick around some time, please. I think I can get 50 FTers to sign off on this under oath!

EDIT: NVM, Looks like you switched out "Piece of Garbage Employee" for "Thug Employee" (Yea, cause that's much much better!) and removed:

So another way to think about it, is with the first two options, AC wouldn't lose any money, but with the third option, they'd have to spend a good $1500 to defend themselves, maybe more. Though, I hasten to add, the purpose of the lawsuit would be to show AC they can't carry on like a bunch of farm animals, or that there will be legal consequences, rather than being to harass them and their garbage airline.

Last edited by payam81; Oct 8, 2013 at 6:25 pm
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This guy does not know when to quit.

The last time I watched someone get beat up like this was a dude we nicknamed "shoredigit"
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
AC doesn't oversell J. Sounds like you just missed your flight.
What about IRROPS and misconnects? Doesn't that sometimes lead to an overfull J?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by airbus320

The last time I watched someone get beat up like this was a dude we nicknamed "shoredigit"
I told him the same thing when he PM'd me. Then he said I clearly have too much time on my hands as I'm on here all the time. I pointed out that I post on avg 27 times/month and he over 70 times/month.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:29 pm

I don't quite understand what happened here. If OP's companion was in fact confirmed on an earlier flight at no charge, then offloaded, then put on a later flight after demanding $75... I think many of us would be pretty mad if the same happened to us.

Also what's the big deal that his profile reflects his old SE status and that he called the SE line? If I were being made to pay a fee I didn't think I was required to pay (and was told the same by the SE line), I would probably call Calin himself if I thought I could get through!
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by Acnyyz
What about IRROPS and misconnects? Doesn't that sometimes lead to an overfull J?
No. Leads to waitlist J.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dorian
I told him the same thing when he PM'd me. Then he said I clearly have too much time on my hands as I'm on here all the time. I pointed out that I post on avg 27 times/month and he over 70 times/month.
Just reading this frivolous thread has already cost me $75 in productivity
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcamp028
Just reading this frivolous thread has already cost me $75 in productivity
Welcome to the AC forum.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)

"beachdigit" IIRC...
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by kettle1
Agree 100% Let us know how the lawsuit works out. If I lived in NY, I would love to be on the jury. And you know how people look forward to jury duty.

Other airlines and companies have looked at FT for court cases.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Other airlines and companies have looked at FT for court cases.
Bingo! And again if I lived in NY - I beg you... Please give me jury duty for this case!
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by kettle1

so what if they do have the thread
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

or lizbeth

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.