Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Shocking behavior at LGA, guest offloaded!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shocking behavior at LGA, guest offloaded!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
3) Are you saying that 3 consecutive years of 100k loyalty should go down the drain the minute you stop being SE?
Apparently AC seems to think so. But, further to one of Dorian's previous posts, the whole point of a tiered FF program is tiered benefits. I'd love to have access to a concierge but it doesn't work that way.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
3) Are you saying that 3 consecutive years of 100k loyalty should go down the drain the minute you stop being SE?
Absolutely. The only remnants of those years is (and should be) towards MM status.

You really do seem to live in some alternate FF universe, I've got to say.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was 12 years Elite and AC did not even wave good bye.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by ffsim
Apparently AC seems to think so. But, further to one of Dorian's previous posts, the whole point of a tiered FF program is tiered benefits. I'd love to have access to a concierge but it doesn't work that way.
That's a good point. And I'd never dare think of calling a concierge as a lowly E*75. It must be noted though, that for the benefit at issue in this thread, e.g. having non-status pax "protected" by status-pax, that the benefit applies to both. And, the reason I started using SE #, is because the old SE # went out of service before I got E*75 card.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by Dorian
Absolutely. The only remnants of those years is (and should be) towards MM status.

You really do seem to live in some alternate FF universe, I've got to say.
You're obviously not a businessman. If I were in charge, I'd wonder:

"Hey, maybe this guy is on sabbatical for a year and will be flying like crazy next year, I better take good care of him"; or "Hey, maybe this gal is on maternity leave this year, and that's why she's only flown six times, and next year she'll need an airline to fly another 100k with, and I hope it's mine". Etc. Marriott is great at this sort of thing, with soft landings.

Originally Posted by airbus320
That's disgusting.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
No, they do not. confirmed upgrade is confirmed, period.

Don't give them ideas.

Misconnected J pax ends up competing with last minute J purchases, which is why some upgrades are left to the gate.
This is actually incorrect. I was booked on a flight from YYZ to YVR (confirmed upgrade to J) and was waiting in the lounge when I received a call from the concierge. She said there was an aircraft change and there were no longer enough J seats. Because I was using an upgrade I was being downgraded. She gave me two choices: Y on the flight I was booked on or J later. I opted for J on a later flight and worked in the lounge for a few hours as I had to get some work done.

The cool thing was I was moved into paid J so I received the COS bonus and they didn't deduct the eUp credits

Last edited by Benner; Oct 9, 2013 at 8:08 am Reason: Clarity
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member

"Hey, maybe this guy is on sabbatical for a year and will be flying like crazy next year, I better take good care of him"; or "Hey, maybe this gal is on maternity leave this year, and that's why she's only flown six times, and next year she'll need an airline to fly another 100k with, and I hope it's mine". Etc. Marriott is great at this sort of thing, with soft landings.

That's disgusting.
You should have wrote "You're obviously not in charge of AC/AE."

AE/AC have no published soft landings so all you're doing is proving you either cannot read or are completely delusional.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by Dorian
AE/AC have no published soft landings ...
Ted, whether you agree with the business model or not, this is the reality. I don't ever recall reading about an FTer who got a soft landing from AC/AE. Not sure why you're expecting it. And I'd love one for next year, but definitely know I'm not getting it.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:16 am

For and on behalf of AC - Good bye!
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by Clipper801
lol...and don't let the door hit your bottom-feeding rear on the way out.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by j_the_p
Ted, whether you agree with the business model or not, this is the reality. I don't ever recall reading about an FTer who got a soft landing from AC/AE. Not sure why you're expecting it. And I'd love one for next year, but definitely know I'm not getting it.
lol - I'm not expecting a soft landing. The $75 has nothing to do with status, no one is required to pay it, if the agents do their job properly. And the other thing, was just "I"m E*75, basically "second" in line for stand-by, so let my guest travel the same way." And I suspect I could have called AC () and had our PNR's merged before the flight, thus avoiding these issues. I only brought this up because AC's agents should be trained to be nicer to former high-rev passengers, though they should be nice to everyone.

One thing too, which AC doesn't care about, but should - my three years as an SE involved considerable flying on US and UA - maybe 30% in a low year, and 40% in a high year. Last year my flying was 95% AC, and this year, I'm at 53k and all but 4 flights (2000 miles) are on AC. So basically 96% of my flights are on AC this year.

I only hit UA Silver because I'm Marriott platinum premier - but It's been more than a 18 months since I've flown with UA
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Thank you.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: Irrelevant
That's disgusting.
That's business - nothing disgusting about it. You want the benefits - pay up!
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

I was perusing the UA Global Services thread yesterday. There are a few reported cases there of people being given GS for a couple years after they stop flying. But it also seems like they had been consistently spending around $50k/year with United.

Based on how a lot of people earn SE, a generic "soft landing" doesn't make sense. I think it would make sense for a high-spend SE, but I have no idea if AC tracks those metrics for each customer.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:56 am

lol - I'm not expecting a soft landing. The $75 has nothing to do with status, no one is required to pay it, if the agents do their job properly. And the other thing, was just "I"m E*75, basically "second" in line for stand-by, so let my guest travel the same way." And I suspect I could have called AC () and had our PNR's merged before the flight, thus avoiding these issues. I only brought this up because AC's agents should be trained to be nicer to former high-rev passengers, though they should be nice to everyone.

One thing too, which AC doesn't care about, but should - my three years as an SE involved considerable flying on US and UA - maybe 30% in a low year, and 40% in a high year. Last year my flying was 95% AC, and this year, I'm at 53k and all but 4 flights (2000 miles) are on AC. So basically 96% of my flights are on AC this year.
Maybe we could convince AC to add some tiers in to Altitude to aid in your cause?

N5K* P25K E35K E50K E60K** E75K EE80K** EE85K** EE95K** SE100K

This would then help you get that extra special recognition you deserve. In fact I'm going to start referring to your status as EE80K now since you got to 83k miles last year. This should help set you aside from those dogs down at E75K!

This would actually help some of us if we could add SE200K and SE300K. Let's do that while we're at it too. Twelve tiers isn't too many, is it?

Here ya go buddy! EE80K! You rock! Go get 'em Tiger! (I removed that super lame UA Silver reference...how embarrassing!)

* Nothing
** Extra Elite

Last edited by Dorian; Oct 9, 2013 at 10:19 am Reason: Added in Ted's new profile image showing EE80K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.