Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by LearningToFly
My own experience, as recently related in this thread, seems to be the same as yours: 2 x 10000 bonus miles and that's it. Not the 5000 + 25000 that everyone else did report here. I had to call many times. The agents whom I talked to were not interested at all in resolving the problem, and some were not even aware of the promotion. Amex in Québec does not deliver a good service according to my past experiences, going as far as twenty years ago.
Today I met a guy from QC and we talked a little bit about Credit cards and he said some of the good offers are not available in QC. That is unfare to the people there IMO.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Cana2013
Today I met a guy from QC and we talked a little bit about Credit cards and he said some of the good offers are not available in QC. That is unfare to the people there IMO.
Absolute complete and utterly false nonsense.

Many Quebeckers do have an inexplicable attachment to Interac cards though, like their continental cousins many have a certain "méfiance" of credit cards.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: AC*E35K, AP*dBlack
Originally Posted by jerryhung
+1

For simplicity, the cards that receive BETTER offers via REFERRAL are

AMEX AeroplanPlus gold - 30K via referral vs. 20K non-referred. FYF
AMEX Platinum - 60K via referral vs. 50K non-referred. $699/year

SPG - 21K via referral vs. 20K non-referred. $120/year?
so if I use your link at the bottom of the post (and spend the $1k/3 months), I'll get the 60k AP points?? Thinking about picking up this card anyway.... the extra 10k wouldn't do any harm!
Old Dec 12, 2013, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by YYTworldwide
so if I use your link at the bottom of the post (and spend the $1k/3 months), I'll get the 60k AP points?? Thinking about picking up this card anyway.... the extra 10k wouldn't do any harm!
Correct. My link or someone you know

And it is 60,000 amex MR points, which can transfer to 60k aeroplan, or 90k avios during a 50% bonus transfer
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:00 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
This guy hit the eggnog a little early.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
No 3rd statement yet, just the 1st one. Reached the min $500 before the 1st statement, but got only 10k so far.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by peroorim
No 3rd statement yet, just the 1st one. Reached the min $500 before the 1st statement, but got only 10k so far.
Receiving 10k in the first statement is not too bad. Majority of the new users only got 5k in the 1st.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:19 pm

Seriously? You're either joking or met someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. The offers are the same no matter which province you live in; they vary according to the country, not the province.

The only thing I can think of that people in Quebec don't have access to is some contests/draws/lotteries because companies won't agree to provide guarantees to ensure there will be an actual winner.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by erik19283
Seriously? You're either joking or met someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. The offers are the same no matter which province you live in; they vary according to the country, not the province.

The only thing I can think of that people in Quebec don't have access to is some contests/draws/lotteries because companies won't agree to provide guarantees to ensure there will be an actual winner.
I noticed Quebec were excluded on some offers from Costco as well. Seems that Quebec has differing laws. Come to think of it, Rexall when offering AE points for pharmaceuticals disallowed this in Quebec as well.

Language laws prohibit products to be sold without French labels. Immigrants who reside in Quebec, is required to attend primarily French schools and disallowed to learn English. This was the case in the 70's when we decided to move out west to Alberta when I was 4 years old. Not sure what the language education policy is nowadays.

Quebec has its own sets of rules.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:37 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I noticed Quebec were excluded on some offers from Costco as well. Seems that Quebec has differing laws. Come to think of it, Rexall when offering AE points for pharmaceuticals disallowed this in Quebec as well.

Language laws prohibit products to be sold without French labels. Immigrants who reside in Quebec, is required to attend primarily French schools and disallowed to learn English. This was the case in the 70's when we decided to move out west to Alberta when I was 4 years old. Not sure what the language education policy is nowadays.

Quebec has its own sets of rules.
Quebec has a Gambling/Lottery commission (like all other provinces), some companies do not want to spend the money to translate the contest rules and skill testing questions to French. Their prerogative, I also believe not all jurisdictions require a skill testing question so that could have something to do with it as well.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by YYTworldwide
This is a very good card since you really only pay $299 after you use the two $200 travel vouchers
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by newbie elite
Quebec has a Gambling/Lottery commission (like all other provinces), some companies do not want to spend the money to translate the contest rules and skill testing questions to French. Their prerogative, I also believe not all jurisdictions require a skill testing question so that could have something to do with it as well.
I thought it was a little more difficult than that. I've definitely seen contests with bilingual rules, that still excluded Quebec.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:11 pm

I personally really like AMEX promotion. It's a great christmas gift for us ^

Last edited by tcook052; Dec 15, 2013 at 7:31 pm
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingToTheMoon
I personally really like AMEX promotion. It's a great christmas gift for us ^
Welcome to FT!

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
This is a very good card since you really only pay $299 after you use the two $200 travel vouchers
Its important to time it year over year.. Plus Amex may disallow this at anytime if the second annual fee isn't paid. For now, they are refunding the second annual fee on request, and those claiming the $200 travel vouchers are allowed. YMMV.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
All of the above discussion of QC Régie is utterly irrelevant to the fact that nothing impedes any credit card or offer from being available in QC.

Amex cannot disallow the 2*200 transactions, they can change the T&Cs if they wish. They wrote the current rule book that credits are on a calendar year basis and are not tied to membership year. Why is an excellent Q but that's the way the read.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.