Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Old Mar 4, 13, 3:29 am
  #16  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,153
Originally Posted by Snoopyo View Post
Not quite fair to the SE when others only need to be 20% over and SEs need to be 50% over the higher qualificaitons.
It's a "gift". What's not "fair" about gifts? I disagree with lots AC is doing but complaining about these promo threshold gifts is ridiculous.
FlyerTalker683455 is offline  
Old Mar 10, 13, 3:43 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ottawa
Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Posts: 1,565
Originally Posted by Allvest View Post
It's a "gift". What's not "fair" about gifts?
^
GJS - yow is offline  
Old Jun 15, 13, 6:41 pm
  #18  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Posts: 34,881
I know there have been posts/threads on the flight pass threshold gifts, but alas, I cannot seem to find what I am looking for... so I will ask here:

I surpassed 200K status miles last week and can now choose my 200K threshold gift.

There is the Super Elite 100K Flight Pass - Southwest Sun Pass in Economy Class or Super Elite 100K Flight Pass - New York Commuter in Economy Class.

In the details for both passes, it states:

It is a prepaid package of four (4) one-way flight credits based on the Flex fare option (H booking class) and offers complimentary upgrades to Executive Class with eUpgrade Credits.
There is no mention of status miles accrual. Anyone have experience using these passes and receive status miles for the actual flights booked and flown?
yyznomad is offline  
Old Jun 15, 13, 6:46 pm
  #19  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Posts: 34,881
Sorry, one more related question:

For these flight passes, can I pay a difference in fare and change fee to a higher fare class so I can use less eUgs (or do a full shebang upfare to Z/D/C/J)?
yyznomad is offline  
Old Jun 15, 13, 7:03 pm
  #20  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Posts: 34,881
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
I know there have been posts/threads on the flight pass threshold gifts, but alas, I cannot seem to find what I am looking for... so I will ask here:

I surpassed 200K status miles last week and can now choose my 200K threshold gift.

There is the Super Elite 100K Flight Pass - Southwest Sun Pass in Economy Class or Super Elite 100K Flight Pass - New York Commuter in Economy Class.

In the details for both passes, it states:



There is no mention of status miles accrual. Anyone have experience using these passes and receive status miles for the actual flights booked and flown?
GAH! Sorry - I did more snooping and saw the fine print:

Your Flight Pass will be posted to aircanada.com/flightpass within three weeks of selection. Log in using your Aeroplan Number and Password to view the Exclusive Flight Pass section of the Flight Pass shopping section. Note that this exclusive Flight Pass does not permit accumulation of Altitude Qualifying Miles or Aeroplan Miles.

Western Canada includes Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Yukon and Northwest Territories.
So that is a big fat no on the status miles... which makes sense I guess.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Jun 15, 13, 7:58 pm
  #21  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Silver
Posts: 40,986
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
So that is a big fat no on the status miles... which makes sense I guess.
Take the gift card!
canadiancow is online now  
Old Jun 16, 13, 4:57 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
Posts: 4,363
I'm 35K and see a message to "review your threshold gift selection". When I click the link, I see a page with a header for what seems to be a table of "order status" but has no body content. I never saw a menu selection of options to choose. I don't know whether my "gift" has been pre-ordained and is not a choice, or something is buggy and I should see a choice but I don't, or whether I should not see this at all, or what. This message has newly appeared, but I have just over 35K for this year. I think the message appeared at some point between 20 and 30K, though. (Not sure when, as I was on the Grand Tour.) Now, when I go to my e-upgrade page at AC, I see a 10 point credit for threshold. Maybe that is it?
flyquiet is offline  
Old Jun 16, 13, 6:32 am
  #23  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Silver
Posts: 40,986
Originally Posted by flyquiet View Post
I'm 35K and see a message to "review your threshold gift selection". When I click the link, I see a page with a header for what seems to be a table of "order status" but has no body content. I never saw a menu selection of options to choose. I don't know whether my "gift" has been pre-ordained and is not a choice, or something is buggy and I should see a choice but I don't, or whether I should not see this at all, or what. This message has newly appeared, but I have just over 35K for this year. I think the message appeared at some point between 20 and 30K, though. (Not sure when, as I was on the Grand Tour.) Now, when I go to my e-upgrade page at AC, I see a 10 point credit for threshold. Maybe that is it?
Right beside my Threshold eUpgrades progress bar is a Threshold gifts bar, with "Next threshold: 60,000 AQM"
canadiancow is online now  
Old Jun 16, 13, 8:58 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
Posts: 4,363
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Right beside my Threshold eUpgrades progress bar is a Threshold gifts bar, with "Next threshold: 60,000 AQM"
Mine says that too, but the Message "Review your Threshold Gift selection" implies I got one already but the resulting page does not give me anything to review and I never had any selection to make. The page just says it could take 6 weeks to arrive (what doesn't?) However I *do* have 10 more eupgrades than I started with, so I assume that's it.
flyquiet is offline  
Old Jun 26, 13, 1:29 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: YVR
Programs: Ice Cream Club
Posts: 2,771
Originally Posted by flyquiet View Post
Mine says that too, but the Message "Review your Threshold Gift selection" implies I got one already but the resulting page does not give me anything to review and I never had any selection to make. The page just says it could take 6 weeks to arrive (what doesn't?) However I *do* have 10 more eupgrades than I started with, so I assume that's it.
I just passed 60k and am presently an E50k. The dashboard shows next threshold gift is at 90k, but I have no means with which to choose the gift I want. I also have not seen my eupgrade balance increase (which is also due at the 60k mark).

Miles were posted on June 24, flight was on June 22.

I'm not too worried about this, other than I expect to blow through 75k which technically disqualifies me for the E50k gift?

(edit) Update from @acaltitude, I am to make the request manually through marketing... just had to tell them what I wanted and they are handling it. I'm curious if anyone managed to get the dashboard to prompt for it.

Last edited by DrunkCargo; Jun 26, 13 at 1:37 pm Reason: Update
DrunkCargo is offline  
Old Jun 27, 13, 11:02 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: YVR
Programs: Ice Cream Club
Posts: 2,771
Another update: Just received an automated email to pick my threshold gift on the dashboard.

Don't see anything on the dashboard itself for picking, only a "history" link that shows nothing ordered.
DrunkCargo is offline  
Old Jun 27, 13, 12:53 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
Posts: 4,363
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo View Post
Another update: Just received an automated email to pick my threshold gift on the dashboard.

Don't see anything on the dashboard itself for picking, only a "history" link that shows nothing ordered.
That is the same thing I experienced (post above). I just inferred it was the added eUps, but if there's also gifts, I'm in. Tell me how!
flyquiet is offline  
Old Jul 4, 13, 1:28 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
Posts: 331
Does anyone know what the threshold gift is for SE at the 150K level? I am not sure if it is better to make it there or if it would be better to spread my wings and start accumulating miles in a different alliance once I have re-qualified for SE.
sluis is offline  
Old Jul 4, 13, 2:00 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: YWG
Posts: 2,205
Originally Posted by sluis View Post
Does anyone know what the threshold gift is for SE at the 150K level? I am not sure if it is better to make it there or if it would be better to spread my wings and start accumulating miles in a different alliance once I have re-qualified for SE.
https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/threshold-gifts
hydrogen is offline  
Old Jul 5, 13, 12:33 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Why? Why? Zed! / Why? You? Elle! / Gee! Are You!
Programs: Irrelevant
Posts: 3,543
Spread your wings.........

Originally Posted by sluis View Post
Does anyone know what the threshold gift is for SE at the 150K level? I am not sure if it is better to make it there or if it would be better to spread my wings and start accumulating miles in a different alliance once I have re-qualified for SE.
I would look at other programs vs getting bonus aeropesos or gift certificates.
jaysona is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread