Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Snoopyo
Not quite fair to the SE when others only need to be 20% over and SEs need to be 50% over the higher qualificaitons.
It's a "gift". What's not "fair" about gifts? I disagree with lots AC is doing but complaining about these promo threshold gifts is ridiculous.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Allvest
It's a "gift". What's not "fair" about gifts?
^
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I know there have been posts/threads on the flight pass threshold gifts, but alas, I cannot seem to find what I am looking for... so I will ask here:

I surpassed 200K status miles last week and can now choose my 200K threshold gift.

There is the Super Elite 100K Flight Pass - Southwest Sun Pass in Economy Class or Super Elite 100K Flight Pass - New York Commuter in Economy Class.

In the details for both passes, it states:

It is a prepaid package of four (4) one-way flight credits based on the Flex fare option (H booking class) and offers complimentary upgrades to Executive Class with eUpgrade Credits.
There is no mention of status miles accrual. Anyone have experience using these passes and receive status miles for the actual flights booked and flown?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Sorry, one more related question:

For these flight passes, can I pay a difference in fare and change fee to a higher fare class so I can use less eUgs (or do a full shebang upfare to Z/D/C/J)?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I know there have been posts/threads on the flight pass threshold gifts, but alas, I cannot seem to find what I am looking for... so I will ask here:

I surpassed 200K status miles last week and can now choose my 200K threshold gift.

There is the Super Elite 100K Flight Pass - Southwest Sun Pass in Economy Class or Super Elite 100K Flight Pass - New York Commuter in Economy Class.

In the details for both passes, it states:

There is no mention of status miles accrual. Anyone have experience using these passes and receive status miles for the actual flights booked and flown?
GAH! Sorry - I did more snooping and saw the fine print:

Your Flight Pass will be posted to aircanada.com/flightpass within three weeks of selection. Log in using your Aeroplan Number and Password to view the Exclusive Flight Pass section of the Flight Pass shopping section. Note that this exclusive Flight Pass does not permit accumulation of Altitude Qualifying Miles or Aeroplan Miles.

Western Canada includes Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Yukon and Northwest Territories.
So that is a big fat no on the status miles... which makes sense I guess.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
So that is a big fat no on the status miles... which makes sense I guess.
Take the gift card!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 3:57 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I'm 35K and see a message to "review your threshold gift selection". When I click the link, I see a page with a header for what seems to be a table of "order status" but has no body content. I never saw a menu selection of options to choose. I don't know whether my "gift" has been pre-ordained and is not a choice, or something is buggy and I should see a choice but I don't, or whether I should not see this at all, or what. This message has newly appeared, but I have just over 35K for this year. I think the message appeared at some point between 20 and 30K, though. (Not sure when, as I was on the Grand Tour.) Now, when I go to my e-upgrade page at AC, I see a 10 point credit for threshold. Maybe that is it?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I'm 35K and see a message to "review your threshold gift selection". When I click the link, I see a page with a header for what seems to be a table of "order status" but has no body content. I never saw a menu selection of options to choose. I don't know whether my "gift" has been pre-ordained and is not a choice, or something is buggy and I should see a choice but I don't, or whether I should not see this at all, or what. This message has newly appeared, but I have just over 35K for this year. I think the message appeared at some point between 20 and 30K, though. (Not sure when, as I was on the Grand Tour.) Now, when I go to my e-upgrade page at AC, I see a 10 point credit for threshold. Maybe that is it?
Right beside my Threshold eUpgrades progress bar is a Threshold gifts bar, with "Next threshold: 60,000 AQM"
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Right beside my Threshold eUpgrades progress bar is a Threshold gifts bar, with "Next threshold: 60,000 AQM"
Mine says that too, but the Message "Review your Threshold Gift selection" implies I got one already but the resulting page does not give me anything to review and I never had any selection to make. The page just says it could take 6 weeks to arrive (what doesn't?) However I *do* have 10 more eupgrades than I started with, so I assume that's it.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Mine says that too, but the Message "Review your Threshold Gift selection" implies I got one already but the resulting page does not give me anything to review and I never had any selection to make. The page just says it could take 6 weeks to arrive (what doesn't?) However I *do* have 10 more eupgrades than I started with, so I assume that's it.
I just passed 60k and am presently an E50k. The dashboard shows next threshold gift is at 90k, but I have no means with which to choose the gift I want. I also have not seen my eupgrade balance increase (which is also due at the 60k mark).

Miles were posted on June 24, flight was on June 22.

I'm not too worried about this, other than I expect to blow through 75k which technically disqualifies me for the E50k gift?

(edit) Update from @acaltitude, I am to make the request manually through marketing... just had to tell them what I wanted and they are handling it. I'm curious if anyone managed to get the dashboard to prompt for it.

Last edited by DrunkCargo; Jun 26, 2013 at 12:37 pm Reason: Update
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Another update: Just received an automated email to pick my threshold gift on the dashboard.

Don't see anything on the dashboard itself for picking, only a "history" link that shows nothing ordered.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Another update: Just received an automated email to pick my threshold gift on the dashboard.

Don't see anything on the dashboard itself for picking, only a "history" link that shows nothing ordered.
That is the same thing I experienced (post above). I just inferred it was the added eUps, but if there's also gifts, I'm in. Tell me how!
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
Does anyone know what the threshold gift is for SE at the 150K level? I am not sure if it is better to make it there or if it would be better to spread my wings and start accumulating miles in a different alliance once I have re-qualified for SE.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by sluis
Does anyone know what the threshold gift is for SE at the 150K level? I am not sure if it is better to make it there or if it would be better to spread my wings and start accumulating miles in a different alliance once I have re-qualified for SE.
https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/threshold-gifts
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Spread your wings.........

Originally Posted by sluis
I would look at other programs vs getting bonus aeropesos or gift certificates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.