Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
No it does not. I just made a mock booking for tomorrow on a R0J4 flight YYZ YVR. When you request the upgrade directly from the flight booking page of the flight booked with the SE NA Latitude Flight Pass, it sends you directly to your eUpgrade account page and does not go to the standard regular flight pass page that allows you to do use a direct to J T-48 upgrade or use eUpgrade credits.
Thanks for confirming.

SG
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
A pity that it caps at 350k. I guess your only consolation prize is that you are 14% closer to the 3MM threshold.

SG
When the year is done I will around 45% of 3MM
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: AC E50K; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kanataboy
I will probably be travelling less in 2014 so might need all the status miles I can get. If I wait to make my 60k threshold choice until January will the status miles post and be considered 2014 status miles?
I too am curious if anyone has any experience with this approach. I'm in the same boat. Cheers.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
350K AQM? That's basically 1000 AQM per day, taking off stat. holidays and 5 sick days. You are likely in very limited company!
I don't take sick days... I will be ending the calendar year with roughly 405,000 AQM. No threshold gift though!
A true FF. What is your line of work?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by AC888
Is this the first year Threshold Gifts are available below the 150K mark? I'm fairly new to the FF world, and flew 28K in 2010, 89K in 2011, and 110K in 2012, and have never received a Threshold Gift before.
I am curious about this too. Does anyone know if this is the first year for threshold gifts for Elites? I was Elite in 2012, but passed 100K to become SE for 2013, and do not recall there being mention of a threshold gift at 60k or at 90k.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
I am curious about this too. Does anyone know if this is the first year for threshold gifts for Elites? I was Elite in 2012, but passed 100K to become SE for 2013, and do not recall there being mention of a threshold gift at 60k or at 90k.
Yes. Threshold gifts at 60K and 90K were launched this year with Altitude, available for E50K and E75K tiers, respectively.

If you already have a higher status level you don't get a gift until you reach the relevant level (So the 60K gift is only applicable to E50K, 90K gift for E75K, and 150K & up gifts for SE). So a 2013 SE would not get 60 and 90K gifts.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:16 pm

Feels like being penalized for being SE. Did get my 150K gift--posted in 2 days (chose the points this time). I am over 50% for 3MM but 100% is totally out of the question (age barrier!!)
Old Dec 16, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Yes. Threshold gifts at 60K and 90K were launched this year with Altitude, available for E50K and E75K tiers, respectively.

If you already have a higher status level you don't get a gift until you reach the relevant level (So the 60K gift is only applicable to E50K, 90K gift for E75K, and 150K & up gifts for SE). So a 2013 SE would not get 60 and 90K gifts.
Thanks for the clarification. Good to know that I did not miss anything in the past. THis is one enhancement that is actually a positive! Too bad that I would have to drop to a lower status to receive it (I'll never make 150k).
Originally Posted by ac777
Feels like being penalized for being SE. Did get my 150K gift--posted in 2 days (chose the points this time). I am over 50% for 3MM but 100% is totally out of the question (age barrier!!)
I don't feel penalized for being an SE - it really is a privilege, just for the concierge service alone. I don't worry about not getting threshold gifts, never having had them in the past.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Thumbs down AC charges $$$ (minor) for certain threshold gifts.

While not a significant amount of money, I was disappointed to see that I had to pay $11.00 for one of my threshold gifts. I selected the NA flight pass for the 250k level, went back to points for the 300k level.

It would have been nice for AC to advise that there is a cost associated with the gift before making the selection.

I'm such a demanding SE aren't I?

Last edited by jaysona; Dec 18, 2013 at 11:15 am Reason: Combined seperate images into one image.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: AC 75k; SPG Platinum;
Has anyone else had luck with the 90k Amazon gift card option? I've been (I think) patiently waiting for almost a month and it has not appeared as an option.

ACAltitude social media team tells me it's the marketing team, but I would like to call and speak to someone to request it!

Side note, I just passed 100,000 miles for the first time. Now I'm hoping for the sweep update!!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by FLYmetoYOW
Has anyone else had luck with the 90k Amazon gift card option? I've been (I think) patiently waiting for almost a month and it has not appeared as an option.

ACAltitude social media team tells me it's the marketing team, but I would like to call and speak to someone to request it!

Side note, I just passed 100,000 miles for the first time. Now I'm hoping for the sweep update!!
I called the SE desk a couple of days ago to follow up on mine. They are back ordered from Amazon apparently. Not sure how an emailed gift card can be on back order but whatever. The memo that the agent was looking at said they would be sent by the end of December. Just in time for Christmas ..... oh wait .... another epic fail.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jaysona
While not a significant amount of money, I was disappointed to see that I had to pay $11.00 for one of my threshold gifts. I selected the NA flight pass for the 250k level, went back to points for the 300k level.

It would have been nice for AC to advise that there is a cost associated with the gift before making the selection.

I'm such a demanding SE aren't I?
I was not charged for this pass. I did not have to provide my CC info.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't take sick days... I will be ending the calendar year with roughly 405,000 AQM. No threshold gift though!
Oopsies... I was wrong about my projected year-end totals... it is now going to be over 420,000 AQM.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: National Exec Elite
Threshold Gifts

Just reached the 250,000 mile threshold for 2013 - the only gifts offered are 75,000 miles or Starwood nights - what happened to the advertised North American flight pass gift - was it withdrawn or is this a computer glitch
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
still showing 6 options on altitude page, including the pass and macbook
would call in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.