FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:03 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I know there have been posts/threads on the flight pass threshold gifts, but alas, I cannot seem to find what I am looking for... so I will ask here:

I surpassed 200K status miles last week and can now choose my 200K threshold gift.

There is the Super Elite 100K Flight Pass - Southwest Sun Pass in Economy Class or Super Elite 100K Flight Pass - New York Commuter in Economy Class.

In the details for both passes, it states:

There is no mention of status miles accrual. Anyone have experience using these passes and receive status miles for the actual flights booked and flown?
GAH! Sorry - I did more snooping and saw the fine print:

Your Flight Pass will be posted to aircanada.com/flightpass within three weeks of selection. Log in using your Aeroplan Number and Password to view the Exclusive Flight Pass section of the Flight Pass shopping section. Note that this exclusive Flight Pass does not permit accumulation of Altitude Qualifying Miles or Aeroplan Miles.

Western Canada includes Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Yukon and Northwest Territories.
So that is a big fat no on the status miles... which makes sense I guess.