Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

"Star Challenge" Promo on again 7Mar-10Apr 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Star Challenge" Promo on again 7Mar-10Apr 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Has anyone been contacted about winning one of the 500k draws? I believe that was supposed to have happened by now.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:53 am

Programs: AC E
Bonus Posting

My wife's bonuses have posted

Mine have not but I had some late flights so I assume it will still post

My daughter's have not posted and she has had some gift card reversals so I assume I will have to contact AE

I'll be patient for another 5 days to see what shows up and then the contact with AE will start

What's the best email address to reach them at?

Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:35 am

Patient but .....

By my count I hit over 110 but Star Counter only displayed 80 something stars. So far nothing but I did have a billing error on the two magazines I bought. Still that was only a point or two and the billing error is now fixed.

Hard waiting considering the effort. And I am not looking forward to the complaining process.

..... COF
Old Jul 13, 2013, 9:27 pm

Only had 51 stars (and an Aeroplan Visa) but still waiting for anything to post.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 10:19 pm
FB_

Programs: AP
Still waiting for my miles here as well.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:33 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I received my 25,000 in two postings 22,500 and 2,500

no calls or bonuses for the big prize
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:41 am

Programs: AC, FPC, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, BW Diamond Select, Starbucks Gold, VPL
... tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock as Madonna would say...

TOA13B
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Well today is the last day to receive miles. I still don't have any.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Well today is the last day to receive miles. I still don't have any.

Nor do I So what is the strategy for picking up the phone... not looking forward to it...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:38 pm

Just called the Aeroplan center

I just got off the phone with a supervisor at Aeroplan.

We determined that some of my purchases on March 8, 9, 10 were not credited. She called me back and said that even though the registration started on March the 7, the promotion did not start until March the 11. I had downloaded the rules and regulations, and it was indeed that.

Hence I only had 97 stars, which means I was 3 short of getting 25,000.

I told her that I should still be getting the 5000 miles, and they weren't in my account either.

I had called the call centre at least 10 times before April 10 to ask about why my points were not posting. Not a single one of those 10 agents told me that my purchases were not eligible because of that. I'm calling them back right now to complain about that. Let's see if I can get more points.

I thought that I had read the rules properly this time round, but I guess I didn't. Why string me along for 4 months and not give me my points. The stupid loopholes the stupid promotion has is so laughable...

[edit]

I got called back again for the supervisor, told her everything about how many times I've called up, she wouldn't budge on giving me extra points. She said that the agents would not know all the promotions as they have many promotions going on. I asked her for the address of the legal department, which she couldn't give, and said that they would be hearing from my lawyer. I said that I had earned over 200k miles in the last 2 years, and that I would be cancelling my association with Aeroplan once I spend my remaining miles and moving over to Air Miles.

Last edited by mediajunkie; Jul 15, 2013 at 12:57 pm Reason: Additional Information
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mediajunkie
I asked her for the address of the legal department, which she couldn't give, and said that they would be hearing from my lawyer.
You're going to retain the services of a lawyer for 5000 missing miles?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by yvr76
20 000 actually.
However I don't think AE is legally forced to give it to you. Commercially they should be wrong but legally they are right. You have to read the T&C by yourself...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:18 pm
FB_

Programs: AP
I just called and filed my complaint. They said they would forward the request to that department and they would call me back.

I'm missing 25,000 points

by my calculation I had 106 stars, although the most I ever saw on the banner was 91.

I am expecting 10 stars for the Credit Card spend and 5 for a cruise booked through Expedia Cruise Ship Centres.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
I'm a lawyer myself, so it's more detrimental to them than me to go to court over 20,000 miles. I am at present drafting a letter on my firm's letterhead to see if it'll get them to do something about it.

And I went over my points I should have 99 stars, and waiting for Amex to fix their site so that I see if I spent $1000 during that time period. No luck form my CIBC, only $900 spent I put most of the stuff on my Amex, so hopefully it would.

Last edited by mediajunkie; Jul 15, 2013 at 1:29 pm
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Just called, and was told the points would be deposited by midnight tonight. Girl said she asked several people in the office, and couldn't get a better answer, and even that several of them responded that they/their family members (hmm) hadn't received their points yet either. She acknowledged that I was definitely registered and was over 100 stars.

I had 99 stars as of last sighting of the star counter, and should get 10 for cc spend. Beyond that, only thing that never showed up was 1 transaction for The Body Shop through the e-store, but I never looked into it since I should've been safe without those 2 stars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.