Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

"Star Challenge" Promo on again 7Mar-10Apr 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Star Challenge" Promo on again 7Mar-10Apr 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thanks for the tip. Very useful.
To save a dollar, you may be blowing 20,00 points, you have to ask yourself " is it worth it "

your lucky, you can drink and all this will go away.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mech11
To save a dollar, you may be blowing 20,00 points, you have to ask yourself " is it worth it "

I agree. I won't do it. Would they do an audit, you are done...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Not so much to save $1, but I don't drive that much. So there may be some (a lot of) days where I just can't buy gas.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:07 am

Not so much to save $1, but I don't drive that much. So there may be some (a lot of) days where I just can't buy gas.
Those are the days you use the Bath Tub.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
You can buy a 1$ chocolate bar at the gas station
Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
You can buy a 1$ chocolate bar at the gas station
chocolate bar and margaritas,,,not a good combination.

I think she was getting at maybe having room for 1 extra fill during the promo.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:07 am

Stars earned for purchases before registration ?

Hello again;

I have another question for which I would appreciate the wisdom of the Star Challenge posters.

Received a call last night from a friend who is a very infrequent flyer. She doesn't have an Aeroplan account , but had heard me talking about the Challenge.

She was purchasing AC flights to visit her grandson and wondered whether she could benefit from this promotion. Since she wanted to buy the tickets " right now " I told her to go ahead and we would sort out the promotion details later.

So the question is, now that she has purchased her AC tickets can she apply for an Aeroplan card, register for the Challenge, and earn Stars for the flight segments so long as they meet the other purchase / fly rules of the promotion ?

I don't see anything in the T and C's that would preclude this, but thought I would get a second ( or third ) opinion.

Thanks very much.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by thebobmc
So the question is, now that she has purchased her AC tickets can she apply for an Aeroplan card, register for the Challenge, and earn Stars for the flight segments so long as they meet the other purchase / fly rules of the promotion ?

I don't see anything in the T and C's that would preclude this, but thought I would get a second ( or third ) opinion.

Thanks very much.
There's nothing stopping her from signing up and joining the promotion. However, she'd better do it soon, as we're more than a week in.

She also won't have a card to swipe, so she'll have to get the merchants to manually key her number in when making purchases at Esso or Home Hardware.

I seem to recall that Esso has Aeroplan member packages in the store. Does anyone know if those packages include a temporary 'swipeable' Aeroplan card? If so, it might be better to sign up that way, and then add that number to her flight booking.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
They do have swipable cards inside - and you're absolutely right, this is what she should get.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mech11

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
I agree. I won't do it. Would they do an audit, you are done...
Well, I hope you two are happy. I put in $10 worth of gas today. Guess I'll drive to Ottawa this weekend to burn some so I can keep refilling my tank. LOL
Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:22 pm

Does a $10 GAP gift card bought through e-store qualify as a star?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:37 pm

I happen to have two accts. (friends) that never got past the register and facebook, they both have 5 stars. So I would imagine that the star count includes these points in everybodys star counter.

little tid bit of information.

Last edited by mech11; Mar 19, 2013 at 4:30 pm
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Buy premium gas instead of regular...Like magic a 9.00 purchase of regular morphs into a $10 dollar plus purchase!
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:32 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by echino
Does a $10 GAP gift card bought through e-store qualify as a star?
Don't see why it should not, bought a few over the weekend will let you know if/when they post
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg
Buy premium gas instead of regular...Like magic a 9.00 purchase of regular morphs into a $10 dollar plus purchase!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.