Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
......., I noted improvement in the experience in terms of some of the rouge cabin crew and service..
I was on ACr 1714 YYZ/BGI on January 31st. The "red bull" style FAs on initial flight were poor and replacement crew were worse yet.
By the time I got to BGI it was early evening February 1st.The 3rd crew were great,btw.

The problem I had had nothing to do with delays due to cargo door not closing,no staff to load fuel,no staff to pushback plane,the right engine not starting due to frozen valve nor the timing
out of initial FA crew. The 2nd crew that came in were replacements and were clearly not interested in doing this flight and as much as said so..
Crew had just done their rapid fire safety demo (I believe they are done in less than 60 seconds). Both J cabin FAs(a 763) were standing in galley looking back towards cabin. One of two was eating a yogurt.
A lady seated at 1C made a request of possibly providing some food for pax as we are at 230pm and we were originally scheduled for 920am and she was hungry. The response she made was along the lines of
"you know,Rouge is a budget airline and you get what you pay for.". Well, needless to say it went downhill in a hurry from there.

I will leave it at that for now. I have been in touch with AC and provided that and many other comments about that flight(s). That was as bad a day as I have had in a long time.

Last edited by acysb87; Mar 2, 2019 at 2:01 pm Reason: responding a bit to post 7803
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
The disease spreads (from airlineroute)

Montreal – St. John’s NFLD eff 05JUN19 2 daily A319
Toronto – Fredericton eff 01JUN19 2 daily A319
Toronto – Moncton eff 01MAY19 3 daily A319
Toronto – Thunder Bay eff 01MAY19 3 daily A319
So you're saying I can now get a J seat on all these routes, when I couldn't before (maybe YUL-YYT had it?)

Nothing makes me happier.
D582 and 5mm like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:58 pm
5mm
Suspended

The disease spreads (from airlineroute)

Montreal – St. John’s NFLD eff 05JUN19 2 daily A319
Toronto – Fredericton eff 01JUN19 2 daily A319
Toronto – Moncton eff 01MAY19 3 daily A319
Toronto – Thunder Bay eff 01MAY19 3 daily A319
I would say this is a good thing. I would take Jets over Dashes all day long.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Still gonna be the dissenting voice for those routes... the few frequencies are crap, and it makes planning connections to/from longhaul annoying.

Sure, "J" exists on those routes now. But now there's only 2 or 3 flights a day instead of 5 or 6, and one of them is at 0500. My butt can handle 1.5 hr in a Q400 seat if I can sleep until 6-6:30am instead of 4am, in a real bed.
jasdou and DNAwizard like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:44 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by D404
Still gonna be the dissenting voice for those routes... the few frequencies are crap, and it makes planning connections to/from longhaul annoying.

Sure, "J" exists on those routes now. But now there's only 2 or 3 flights a day instead of 5 or 6, and one of them is at 0500. My butt can handle 1.5 hr in a Q400 seat if I can sleep until 6-6:30am instead of 4am, in a real bed.
This is a growig problem. Airlines around North America are cutting routes/frequency to smaller centres because the margins are to small on these routes to make money. Unless pax are willing to pay higher fares, this is not going to change.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 5mm
This is a growig problem. Airlines around North America are cutting routes/frequency to smaller centres because the margins are to small on these routes to make money. Unless pax are willing to pay higher fares, this is not going to change.
I am one of those who pay higher fares. I currently have a latitude Ontario and Europe flight pass and yesterday purchased a NA latitude flight pass.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:17 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by acysb87
I am one of those who pay higher fares. I currently have a latitude Ontario and Europe flight pass and yesterday purchased a NA latitude flight pass.
I was talking in general. At least you get a J seat now.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by 5mm
I was talking in general. At least you get a J seat now.
And the opportunity to enjoy the YYZ Domestic MLL for 4 hours waiting for the next frequency. Huge win.
rankourabu, DNAwizard and D404 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jasdou

And the opportunity to enjoy the YYZ Domestic MLL for 4 hours waiting for the next frequency. Huge win.
These once or twice a day Rouge routes definitely will not help during EYW. Long live the Dash8 and Beechcrafts.
D404 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:33 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jasdou

No, but it is better than no flights. I can see some of these city start losing routes.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: air miles
Originally Posted by D404
I wonder what's to become of AC Express at this rate... will it only serve routes that are like 100-300 miles in the future, at this rate? (Well, and YTZ.)

I wonder when AC will stop marketing Rouge as a "leisure" airline for "vacations".
what. I thought Thunder Bay was a extremely popular leisure route. I mean there are fantastic beaches there right?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy1978
what. I thought Thunder Bay was a extremely popular leisure route. I mean there are fantastic beaches there right?
Only ones to compare are those in Moncton.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy1978
Aah, Thunder Bay
Kicked out of airport between 2a-5a each night. Walked to the 24hr grocery store for exercise and it closed at 8pm.

Don't forget Gander. Those on 9/11 were stuck there a few days involuntarily. Then this year my EYW routes had us there 3 or 4 nights in a row. With snow. In late May-early June.

//side note everyone MUST see the Broadway production Come From Away which is also touring US and Canada. I thought it would be a lame musical and went kicking and screaming. Had tons of humor and airline references hit home. Gander folks poking fun at themselves, etc.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Only ones to compare are those in Moncton.
Ah, now I'm remembering my early years living in the Moncton area enjoying the white sandy shores and crystal clear waters of the Petitcodiac River.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I don't know if this was mentioned before but the A321 rouges do NOT have in seat power in Y.

I simply cannot understand how that is even something that that is even a thing in 2019
WesternCDN likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.