Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:05 pm

I've flown Rouge a few times and not hated it. But tonight was different.

AC1795 YQB-YYZ scheduled to depart at 4pm is delayed to 4:50 by the time I arrive at YQB. No big deal. I head to the lounge and keep track on flightaware. I notice a 767 is coming as opposed to the A321 for every other day. I figure this is due to the morning YQB-YYZ cancellation. No surprise, that 4:50 gets bumped again. I text a family member upon boarding at 5:29. And then the waiting begins.

Eventually the captain delivers the delay reason. It turns out that YQB can't offload certain cargo from a 767. So everyone on the ground is trying to figure out how to do it. It takes a while. We push back at 7:08. At YYZ, a couple agents are sorting out missed connections. There's a table of new boarding passes ready. Good! But it seemed like more than half of the passengers didn't have new arrangements and were being pushed to the general customer service desk by D20. What a mess.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by venomtrilogy
I've flown Rouge a few times and not hated it. But tonight was different.

AC1795 YQB-YYZ scheduled to depart at 4pm is delayed to 4:50 by the time I arrive at YQB. No big deal. I head to the lounge and keep track on flightaware. I notice a 767 is coming as opposed to the A321 for every other day. I figure this is due to the morning YQB-YYZ cancellation. No surprise, that 4:50 gets bumped again. I text a family member upon boarding at 5:29. And then the waiting begins.

Eventually the captain delivers the delay reason. It turns out that YQB can't offload certain cargo from a 767. So everyone on the ground is trying to figure out how to do it. It takes a while. We push back at 7:08. At YYZ, a couple agents are sorting out missed connections. There's a table of new boarding passes ready. Good! But it seemed like more than half of the passengers didn't have new arrangements and were being pushed to the general customer service desk by D20. What a mess.
The YQB FF locals can correct me on this, but my understanding is that this is more of a YQB thing than ACr thing...
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
The YQB FF locals can correct me on this, but my understanding is that this is more of a YQB thing than ACr thing...
But shouldn't ACr know not to shuffle a 767 to an airport that can't handle it?
smallmj likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Seen & noted:

https://eatnorth.com/dan-clapson/air...-offer-poutine

Air Canada Rouge flights now offer poutine
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 9:41 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by tcook052
Seen & noted:

https://eatnorth.com/dan-clapson/air...-offer-poutine

Air Canada Rouge flights now offer poutine

My wife had the flat bread pizza a few years ago and vomited all over the floor in the back galley. (ACr didn't have sick bags then). I'm going to ask her if she wants to give this a try next time.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Air Canada Rouge Returns to the Skies Today

MONTREAL, Nov. 2, 2020 /CNW/ - The departure of Air Canada flight AC1810 from Toronto to Cancun today marked the return of Air Canada Rouge to the skies.

"Air Canada Rouge remains an important part of our overall strategy in rebuilding Air Canada's global network. As leisure traffic resumes, we will progressively add Air Canada Rouge to select North American leisure markets from Eastern Canada," said Mark Galardo, Vice President, Network Planning and Alliances at Air Canada.

Air Canada Rouge flights are operated with narrow-body Airbus aircraft featuring a choice of Premium Rouge and Economy services. Customers travelling in the Premium Rouge cabin will be offered a complimentary, pre-packaged meal curated by celebrated Montreal chef Antonio Park with complimentary bar and beverage service. All customers onboard Rouge flights will have access to complementary in-flight entertainment that is streamed right to their personal smartphone or device of choice without the requirement to download an app. Premium Rouge customers will also be offered the complimentary use of sanitized iPads containing entertainment content.

All flights are operated using the Air Canada CleanCare+ suite of biosafety measures. Customers can collect and redeem Aeroplan points through Canada's leading loyalty program when travelling and eligible customers have access to priority check-in, Maple Leaf Lounges, priority boarding and other benefits.

More information about Air Canada Rouge flights can be found at: flyrouge.com
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
The one thing we all wish COVID would have killed.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by tcook052
How exactly does one socially distance in a sardine can?
Codyul likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Unfortunate.
Codyul likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I hate those 319s so much.
Symmetre likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Just can't do Rouge in the back and only in the front when there is no choice

I thought Covid-19 took care of Rouge, I was wrong !
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Why would they even bother restarting Rouge flights? They should shut it down.
YWG-RO, Symmetre and Codyul like this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 11:48 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cooleddie
They should shut it down.
Why? They said many times, before COVID, what a great contributor rouge was to their profitability.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Routing YYZ/BGI will be serviced with AC mainline A330 and Jetz during holiday season upcoming. Currently A320 mainline
Switch to AC ScRouge after holidays. What a shame
Old Nov 3, 2020, 2:31 pm

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29...erican-routes/

The Rouge fleet numbered more than 60 aircraft before the pandemic. Air Canada’s latest fleet allocation shows that Rouge has 34 aircraft dedicated to it—all Airbus A320-family narrowbodies. Retirements included all 25 Boeing 767-300ER widebodies that Rouge had, which allowed Air Canada to tap into some European leisure markets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.