Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Announcing Air Canada Altitude

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by LockheedElectra
+1, it's an FF program, not brain surgery. Maybe Canadian's are just really smart, and the only ones that can figure out these super complex programs...lol
Watch the grammar when you throw out insults about intelligence.

(Hint: You do not use an apostrophe in plural words, only for possessives.)
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by PhotoJim

This reminds me of the time I told the FA on DEN/YQR what an incredibly amazing place YQR is, and some guy from the mayor's office sitting across from me stood up and started berating me and yelling that it was wrong of me to compare YQR's "elegance" to YWG's "elegance" - as this was shortly after the time AC disallowed its staff from leaving YWG area due to safety concerns and I had asked the FA whether she had similar YQR restrictions as well
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by PhotoJim

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

It is correct to use an apostrophe when "it's" is a contraction of "it is", such as is the case with LockheedElectra's post. Contrary to your post, it is grammatically incorrect to use the apostrophe for the possessive.

http://garyes.stormloader.com/its.html
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by The Lev
Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

It is correct to use an apostrophe when "it's" is a contraction of "it is", such as is the case with LockheedElectra's post. Contrary to your post, it is grammatically incorrect to use the apostrophe for the possessive.

http://garyes.stormloader.com/its.html
Yes, but I believe the point was Canadians, not "Canadian's".
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by j_the_p
Yes, but I believe the point was Canadians, not "Canadian's".
Ah - right you are. Didn't see that second apostrophe.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by tinchote
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mta01.aircanada.thindata.net (mta01.aircanada.thindata.net [64.34.54.197])

Received: from [76.74.134.17] ([76.74.134.17:3979] helo=TDWDA11)
by mta01 (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
(ecelerity 3.2.3.43244 r(43244)) with ESMTP
id BC/72-21322-D5463FE4; Thu, 22 Dec 2011 12:09:49 -0500
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 12:09:49 -0500
To: *******@*****.****.**
Subject: A preview of the 2013 Top Tier Program
Reply-To: [email protected]
Message-Id: <[email protected] >
The other thing I wonder if others could confirm is they all received the email with the same title/subject (thanks for including all the detail).
I can't find it. I see it came out at the same time as the original thread started (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...r-program.html). I wonder what happened to mine.
I have other emails from the email address [email protected]
e.g. "A surprise Holiday gift exclusively for you" for promo code HYR7CU81 dated 12/21/2011 2:07 PM
and "Get the year off to a flying start with a 50% discount on select flights" dated 1/5/2012 1:43 AM
but not the one you quote.
It shouldn't matter (I suppose) but I was Elite at that time.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by passenger66
Originally Posted by tinchote
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mta01.aircanada.thindata.net (mta01.aircanada.thindata.net [64.34.54.197])

Received: from [76.74.134.17] ([76.74.134.17:3979] helo=TDWDA11)
by mta01 (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
(ecelerity 3.2.3.43244 r(43244)) with ESMTP
id BC/72-21322-D5463FE4; Thu, 22 Dec 2011 12:09:49 -0500
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 12:09:49 -0500
To: *******@*****.****.**
Subject: A preview of the 2013 Top Tier Program
Reply-To: [email protected]
Message-Id: <[email protected] >
The other thing I wonder if others could confirm is they all received the email with the same title/subject (thanks for including all the detail).
I can't find it. I see it came out at the same time as the original thread started (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...r-program.html). I wonder what happened to mine.
e.g. "A surprise Holiday gift exclusively for you" for promo code HYR7CU81 dated 12/21/2011 2:07 PM
and "Get the year off to a flying start with a 50% discount on select flights" dated 1/5/2012 1:43 AM
Definitely received the e-mail as well at the end of 2011 and I have been regularly checking the AC website for the promised updates since then.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:05 pm

One more thing. Again, only as a consequence of my last few days on flyertalk, I started wondering about burning some miles. I found the hint on this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18040494-post41.html to request my mileage I need to burn.
On the Aeroplan site, my email was marked invalid, despite it being valid. I tried just pressing the update button but no good. So I changed the first letter to a capital. It accepted it. I then used the hint on the above-mentioned post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18040494-post41.html to request my mileage I need to burn. So now I have to burn several hundred thousand miles before 20131231. That's what I mean about structuring my flying differently.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:28 pm

I can (kind of) think of how the email could have been lost. My PC was (from memory) in a shop being upgraded around this time. If email was downloaded from the server, and then lost at the shop while they were working on it, then that could be why I did not get it. That would be very bad timing, and less than perfect workmanship at the shop.
The reason I say "from memory" is I have emails dated 20111222 backwards and forwards to the shop that day, but I might have sent those via my laptop, and, well, to be honest, I can't figure out just how that would mean I would lose this other email.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:34 pm

I can (kind of) think of how the email could have been lost. My PC was (from memory) in a shop being upgraded around this time. If email was downloaded from the server, and then lost at the shop while they were working on it, then that could be why I did not get it. That would be very bad timing, and less than perfect workmanship at the shop.
The reason I say "from memory" is I have emails dated 20111222 backwards and forwards to the shop that day, but I might have sent those via my laptop, and, well, to be honest, I can't figure out just how that would mean I would lose this other email.
Sorry to turn this into some PC technical type thing, but further to the above, I have never installed email clients on my laptops, so as far as I know the email could not have been inadvertently downloaded to my laptops.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by NAJetSet
So it looks like its going to be even busier than ever now. with this new program it will be even easier to make status (SOMEWHERE)

source http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...clusive_Offers

now does this mean, the more you fly the faster you move up in partner programs?

or can you move up in the Altitude program by 'sleeping/driving your way through it'
Big Deal, what a hoot. I get all the status on rental and hotel programs off my Amex plat card then AC could ever offer. Came with Marco Polo Gold grtais, and I have rewarded them with two HKG round trips. Upgrades on both due to oversold Y. How about bonus status miles like UA. Losing priortiy bulkhead seating just means more flights in E+ on UA. same as this year.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by yul36
Big Deal, what a hoot. I get all the status on rental and hotel programs off my Amex plat card then AC could ever offer. Came with Marco Polo Gold grtais, and I have rewarded them with two HKG round trips. Upgrades on both due to oversold Y. How about bonus status miles like UA. Losing priortiy bulkhead seating just means more flights in E+ on UA. same as this year.
Elites didn't lose priority bulkhead seating. Read post #1.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan - E75, Delta Sky Miles - Silver, HHonors - Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Sorry to turn this into some PC technical type thing, but further to the above, I have never installed email clients on my laptops, so as far as I know the email could not have been inadvertently downloaded to my laptops.
I am a little confused with this ongoing dialogue about a lost email. I don't think it really matters what happened to it, the changes are real and moving forward. It would be more productive to start figuring out how to deal with reality from the program side of things, not what the geek squad did to screw you over.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Originally Posted by canadatosiberia
I am a little confused with this ongoing dialogue about a lost email. I don't think it really matters what happened to it, the changes are real and moving forward. It would be more productive to start figuring out how to deal with reality from the program side of things, not what the geek squad did to screw you over.
The email dialogue started with this post and mostly this one, where it was claimed that AC said at the end of last year that 35K in 2012 would still achieve *G for 2013.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by eyeball1
Elites didn't lose priority bulkhead seating. Read post #1.
Just a quick newbie's question on this - take for example an A320, where rows 1-4 are business class, 12-18 are preferred and 19-33 are standard economy for anybody. I read that Elite & SE have access to row 12, and SE to row 17-18 (emergency exit rows) for free. What about rows 13-16? Are these non-pay preferred seats for Elites and up, non-pay to SE only, or...? I know they are never available to us when booking, and I always thought they were just full, but now I'm not so sure as my wife will become Elite for the first time in 2 weeks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.